Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Skyrim Remaster, Yay no Nay?

Drunk Not I Am

I am quite excited for this one. While I still think they should also make it backwards compatible for the One to give people the option, I am happy that they are actually remastering this one instead of during a crappy port. The improvements sound soooooo good and I will gladly play through the game again. I never officially beat it before anyways. :P

• Brohoof 2

Waste of time really. Just an excuse to profit off of the same game that most people if they wanted mods after 5 years just caved in and bought the PC version. Since this remaster comes free for PC, and the PC version is already mod-capable it's totally pointless. Bethesda charging $60 for a last gen game that's over 5 years old with a legendary edition including all the DLC for only $20 used is basically Bethesda trying to get another extra bit of money for less work than making a new game. While some people may be excited for it, a full $60 remaster just doesn't excite me when we're over 3 years into the new console generation.

New experiences please, not 5 year old games ported with minor add-ins for a quick cash grab.

• 2 weeks later...

I already used the HD texture packs and an ENB mod, so most of the remakes 'strengths' don't really draw me. The gameplay is still the same and the graphics are the least of my concerns. Besides I have tons of mods. I don't want to risk breaking them just for a remastered version.

• Brohoof 1

With ENB presets and higher quality textures, this remastered version is pretty redundant. It only appeals to console players with their lack of modding. It'll probably garner a profit but I imagine people are going to be underwhelmed, it's the exact same game, it just looks and sounds prettier. (I actually don't even know if they're going to change the sounds). How about instead of wasting their time on this they get to work on TES VI? 

I'm a console player and really enjoyed skyrim back on the last generation, however like many of you have said it's a bit underwhelming. Normally that wouldn't impede me but since I have a ps4 the mods are not even an option much to my dismay. Since Sony was kind enough to remove the main selling point of the game for my console I won't even bother buying it.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I still don't see a point in paying $60 for a game on Xbox One to get mods, when you can get a gaming PC that can max Skyrim for less than an Xbox One these days. It's a pointless rendition and further proof that Bethesda just goes after cheap, easy money tricks. One of the most terrible companies out there that delivers crappy unfinished games that are overglorified "open world" experiences.

Honestly, I still don't see a point in paying $60 for a game on Xbox One to get mods, when you can get a gaming PC that can max Skyrim for less than an Xbox One these days. It's a pointless rendition and further proof that Bethesda just goes after cheap, easy money tricks. One of the most terrible companies out there that delivers crappy unfinished games that are overglorified "open world" experiences.

What I don't see the point of is this response. You already said once in this thread how much you don't support this idea and you don't like the idea. That's fine, perfectly fine, but what is the purpose to responding to the same thread again essentially saying the exact same thing? We get it, you hate Bethesda, we knew that from the first post.

On topic: I am gonna pre-order this next week. I have been rewatching Storpey's Skyrim series and that really makes me excited to play the game again with the updates. <3 I still think they should make it backwards compatible though.

I am not up for playing it just yet because that game requires a lot of time to be sunk into it to reach the best parts but i haven't played any of the DLC so i will defnitely be picking it up eventually. The improved graphics will be nice too!

• Brohoof 1

What I don't see the point of is this response. You already said once in this thread how much you don't support this idea and you don't like the idea. That's fine, perfectly fine, but what is the purpose to responding to the same thread again essentially saying the exact same thing? We get it, you hate Bethesda, we knew that from the first post.

On topic: I am gonna pre-order this next week. I have been rewatching Storpey's Skyrim series and that really makes me excited to play the game again with the updates. <3 I still think they should make it backwards compatible though.

Pointing out that you can actually buy a PC to run it for less than an Xbox One. It's a cheap sham to get Xbox Players to buy It again for full price. Amazing that people complain about CoD rehashing and being a rip off and when people buy it every year they call them drones, but reselling Skyrim for full price? A game that was buggy, ran like crap on consoles and literally giving PC users this update for free is given a free pass. So basically when it's activision people are sheep, but when it's Bethesda it's a-okay.

Pointing out that you can actually buy a PC to run it for less than an Xbox One. It's a cheap sham to get Xbox Players to buy It again for full price. Amazing that people complain about CoD rehashing and being a rip off and when people buy it every year they call them drones, but reselling Skyrim for full price? A game that was buggy, ran like crap on consoles and literally giving PC users this update for free is given a free pass. So basically when it's activision people are sheep, but when it's Bethesda it's a-okay.

You do know that the game is actually being remastered, right? They are not doing some Activision shit like taking the Prototype games, handing them off to a d-team developer and having the games be ported over with no improvements at all AND having the games run worse than what they did on the last gen consoles. No, Skyrim is actually getting enhanced with better graphics better detail and a lot of other new stuff, including new quests too. The announcement trailer alone says that.

Again, I do think they should make this game backwards compatible with how many votes it has, I do think that. For me personally, I loved the original game and I don't mind having a highly enhanced version of a game that was already great. If they are going to do a remaster, this is how it should be done, not just simply porting over a game with literally no improvements at all and charging $60 for it. Not to mention this special edition will include all of the DLC from before. For some, it is not a great deal, I get that, but for me, I am fine with it. If this was just a simple port, I most likely would not touch it.

You do know that the game is actually being remastered, right?

It's basically just rehashing the mods from the PC version and slapping them onto the game and calling it remastered. If you get the PC version you can make it look like that right now before it even comes out, better even. It's literally just reselling the same game for $60, which not even Capcom does for the Resident Evil remasters. $20 each with all the DLCs. Bethesda wants to charge you $60 for the exact same game that you can LITERALLY buy on PC right now with all these bonus features and get a PC that can run it for LESS than an Xbox One at the moment considering the game is 5 years old. It's a rip off.

Proof:

Skyrim Requirements:

Win7/Vista/XP 32 or 64

Processor; Dual Core 2.0GHz or Equiv

2GB RAM

6GB HDD space

DX9 Compatible video card with 512MB or RAM

That video card is essentially a GTX 260 or higher which is pennies to get these days.

I can get a $350-400 that can run that. The game itself is $20 on Steam. And with that I can run far more mods than the Xbox will run. It's a rip off.

They are not doing some Activision shit like taking the Prototype games, handing them off to a d-team developer and having the games be ported over with no improvements at all AND having the games run worse than what they did on the last gen consoles.

The game isn't out yet, so how do you know how well they will run? Not to mention Bethesda games are notorious for running like crap on consoles.

No, Skyrim is actually getting enhanced with better graphics better detail and a lot of other new stuff, including new quests too. The announcement trailer alone says that.

AKA: We slapped some graphic enhancement mods and a few quest mods on that you can get on PC for free and we are even actually updating the PC version to have for free and charging Xbox users $60 for it.

It's literally being given to PC users at zero cost. PC users will still be able to buy the game for $20 and get full mod support. Seems like a rip off to me.

Again, I do think they should make this game backwards compatible with how many votes it has, I do think that.

And they chose not to for the sole purpose of reselling it for more money. Rip off.

For me personally, I loved the original game and I don't mind having a highly enhanced version of a game that was already great. If they are going to do a remaster, this is how it should be done, not just simply porting over a game with literally no improvements at all and charging $60 for it.

That is literally exactly what they are doing. They are slapping mods that PC users have had for years on, calling it improvements and charging full $60 for it. Not even Capcom charged $60 for the full remaster of RE4 on Steam which is considered the prettiest version of the game.

Not to mention this special edition will include all of the DLC from before.

You can buy the Legendary edition for $20 on Xbox 360/PS3 and Steam... :I

-snip-

This thread is getting derailed more and more so I am gonna stop here. We will see how the game is on next gen systems when it releases, we can make our final judgments then. I will say this as my final point, I put at minimum over 90 hours in Skyrim on the 360, I did experience some crashes, sure, but it was a huge game. It was nowhere near as bad as you are saying it is.

Anyway, that's all I have to say now.

This thread is getting derailed more and more so I am gonna stop here. We will see how the game is on next gen systems when it releases, we can make our final judgments then. I will say this as my final point, I put at minimum over 90 hours in Skyrim on the 360, I did experience some crashes, sure, but it was a huge game. It was nowhere near as bad as you are saying it is.

Anyway, that's all I have to say now.

The topic is not being derailed. The topic is about people's opinions on the Skyrim remaster.

I probably won't be getting this one since I've already played my fair share of the series on my PS3. And I wasn't much of a big fan as most others seemed to be of the series (I was more into the Fallout side of things). If anything it would be a great nostalgic trip back in time when this game was the talk of the world, going through all the starting missions, meeting the interesting and awesome npc's and just generally enjoying a vacation to the world of Skyrim again :) Perfectly alright in my books, this game is deserving of a remaster if anything. 

I don't agree with taking other peoples' work and selling it to people who don't have access to it. I suppose if the modders consented to it and/or were compensated for it it's fine, and I assume that is the case, but it definitely isn't worth full price, especially for the (subjectively) worst game in the series

• 1 year later...

I bought the game a few months ago on new years day, because it was offered for 20 bucks, which was fair enough for me.

It's Skyrim alright, with added textures and lightning and other graphical enhancements. I had a good time with this game, for the price i got it for. But i wouldn't recommend this game for a full 50 or 60 bucks

• 2 weeks later...

Nay, because you have to pay from Creation Club, whereas the original Skyrim doesn't feature that. There's even Steam Workshop that have mods that can be downloaded without having to pay a single penny. The remaster fails in doing so.