Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler What Was Your Favourite Part Of Legend Of Everfree?

OmegaBeamOfficial

Someone probably has. Though, mind you, I doubt Pinkie will have anything too disturbing in there, It's not like cupcakes is canon or anything...

Cupcakes was too disturbing even for me which is why I never watched it after the first time. What goes on in Pinkie's memories aren't along the lines of what happened in Cupcakes, but you have to admit that those eyes staring at you are weird.

• Brohoof 1

Well, that's cool, It's kind of funny how you say you hate the movies but you have a fan art of a human Applejack as your profile picture. But hey, I'm not here to judge, though I would wonder what's so bad about it...

First of all, I have a human Applejack as my profile picture, so what? I chose that picture because it was adorable.

Second, are you wondering why I hate the 4th movie or the entire Equestia Girl franchise?

Third, the human Applejack in my profile picture is not the Equestria Girls Applejack, but that does not matter anyways since I only chose that picture because it was adorable.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, it seems that the kawaii book horse spreads love and magic wherever she goes XD

Yeah, we barely get to hear Sunset singing on her own, so that's great.

She sure does. Also, I agree with being unable to hear Sunset sing on her own until now. There was her solo to reinvigorate the Rainbooms in Rainbow Rocks. I don't remember her having a solo in Friendship Games, except maybe the deleted scenes. So yeah, it is nice to hear her have a solo song now in Legend of Everfree with helping the Rainbooms embrace their new powers.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Cupcakes was too disturbing even for me which is why I never watched it after the first time. What goes on in Pinkie's memories aren't along the lines of what happened in Cupcakes, but you have to admit that those eyes staring at you are weird.

True, I wonder how long a non EG human would last looking at that.

First of all, I have a human Applejack as my profile picture, so what? I chose that picture because it was adorable.

Second, are you wondering why I hate the 4th movie or the entire Equestia Girl franchise?

Third, the human Applejack in my profile picture is not the Equestria Girls Applejack, but that does not matter anyways since I only chose that picture because it was adorable.

Yeah, sorry, I only just noticed that. I didn't mean to offend you. And, the whole EG franchise is what I'm wondering. That is unless I misunderstood you and you only hate this one or something.

She sure does. Also, I agree with being unable to hear Sunset sing on her own until now. There was her solo to reinvigorate the Rainbooms in Rainbow Rocks. I don't remember her having a solo in Friendship Games, except maybe the deleted scenes. So yeah, it is nice to hear her have a solo song now in Legend of Everfree with helping the Rainbooms embrace their new powers.

Yeah, I wonder if any of the other Humane characters (Pinkie, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy etc.) will ever get a solo song... Probably not, since these movies mainly focus on Sunset, Twilight, the Humane 6 together or the villains of the movie singing, but hey.

Edited by OmegaBeamOfficial
  • Brohoof 2

True, I wonder how long a non EG human would last looking at that.

They'd probably crack within a matter of seconds.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I wonder if any of the other Humane characters (Pinkie, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy etc.) will ever get a solo song... Probably not, since these movies mainly focus on Sunset, Twilight, the Humane 6 together or the villains of the movie singing, but hey.

Who knows? Maybe they will get a chance in a future Equestria Girls movie. One can only hope that will happen.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite part of the movie which to me was a big surprise that I enjoyed it so much was the almost kiss between Twilight and Timber as I thought the dorky flirting scenes and the build up were really sweet. And secondly the end credit scene just pure humor that I wasn't expecting.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, sorry, I only just noticed that. I didn't mean to offend you. And, the whole EG franchise is what I'm wondering. That is unless I misunderstood you and you only hate this one or something.

Well because it takes a magic land full of fantasy, and replaces it with High School cliches... In a magical land like Equestria, there are monsters and magic fights. In EG, the most scary thing is... principals... Now there are the magic villians that come over from Equestria, but even they are limited by the environment. Also, the only reason they created EG in the first place was to sell more toys (not really that important though). Though I would be able to look over these facts, IF IT WERE GOOD!!! They are the most cliched movies I have ever watched, and I have watched a lot of really cliched movies. They are literally just using every High School cliche ever (just adding a bit of new stuff to the mix). Though think about it, Flash Sentry really had no reason to be there except for the High School romance cliches. By the time they released Legend of the Everfree, they had pretty much used every cliche, except the High School Camp trip cliche, hence Legend of the Everfree.

• Brohoof 1

They'd probably crack within a matter of seconds.

"The voices... The voices don't stop!"

Not much to enjoy about this movie except all of Pinkie Pie's funny antics including Sunny seeing her thoughts and the song Sunny sang. That was beautiful. 

That's all.

Sunset Shimmer, evil demon jerk to heroic bacon singer.

Who knows? Maybe they will get a chance in a future Equestria Girls movie. One can only hope that will happen.

Fingers crossed I guess.

My favorite part of the movie which to me was a big surprise that I enjoyed it so much was the almost kiss between Twilight and Timber as I thought the dorky flirting scenes and the build up were really sweet. And secondly the end credit scene just pure humor that I wasn't expecting.

Yeah, the ships are strong with this one.

Well because it takes a magic land full of fantasy, and replaces it with High School cliches... In a magical land like Equestria, there are monsters and magic fights. In EG, the most scary thing is... principals... Now there are the magic villians that come over from Equestria, but even they are limited by the environment. Also, the only reason they created EG in the first place was to sell more toys (not really that important though). Though I would be able to look over these facts, IF IT WERE GOOD!!! They are the most cliched movies I have ever watched, and I have watched a lot of really cliched movies. They are literally just using every High School cliche ever (just adding a bit of new stuff to the mix). Though think about it, Flash Sentry really had no reason to be there except for the High School romance cliches. By the time they released Legend of the Everfree, they had pretty much used every cliche, except the High School Camp trip cliche, hence Legend of the Everfree.

I agree that a High School setting maybe wasn't the best theme for this human world, but there's not really that many ways you can put the characters from the show in a human setting without establishing some kind of place for them to live. Since the EG world is not as magical, a High School setting sounds fine, the only problem I have with that is that the ponies in the FIM world are clearly adults with important jobs, yet in the EG world they're regressed to high school kids. This is only a short term problem for me though, and it doesn't effect the movies as a whole that much for me, especially with LOE which took the series out of the school for a breath of fresh air. I would naturally expect the villains to be limited by the environment because, again, this world doesn't have as much magic, there Isn't much to work with as a result... And yes, principals will be involved, it takes place in a high school, that should be expected. It should be said that FIM was also created to sell toys. I don't really agree with it being that cliche, I'd label something like High School Musical cliche maybe, but I don't see that many here. Having an entire movie hinge on how original it is Isn't really ideal either, It's really hard to come up with original ideas you know, and not everything has to be new.

No offence to you though, it is still your opinion and I respect that, I'm just saying my piece.

• Brohoof 3

Guess you hated it then?

*Dramatic slow motion music*

I didn't hated it. I just really disliked it. It was OK until the Twi's song that sounded a bit too familiar and when all the magical bullshit happened, and that useless love interest for Twilight. The demon thing was too obvious too, 'twasn't that interesting anyway.

• Brohoof 1

I agree that a High School setting maybe wasn't the best theme for this human world, but there's not really that many ways you can put the characters from the show in a human setting without establishing some kind of place for them to live. Since the EG world is not as magical, a High School setting sounds fine, the only problem I have with that is that the ponies in the FIM world are clearly adults with important jobs, yet in the EG world they're regressed to high school kids. This is only a short term problem for me though, and it doesn't effect the movies as a whole that much for me, especially with LOE which took the series out of the school for a breath of fresh air. I would naturally expect the villains to be limited by the environment because, again, this world doesn't have as much magic, there Isn't much to work with as a result... And yes, principals will be involved, it takes place in a high school, that should be expected. It should be said that FIM was also created to sell toys. I don't really agree with it being that cliche, I'd label something like High School Musical cliche maybe, but I don't see that many here. Having an entire movie hinge on how original it is Isn't really ideal either, It's really hard to come up with original ideas you know, and not everything has to be new.

No offence to you though, it is still your opinion and I respect that, I'm just saying my piece.

Yeah, I hated that too... If all the adults are teenagers, who are the adults? That always confused me.

Also, I watch FIM for fantasy. The human world is s***!!! Also, my comment about principals being the scariest thing was a joke. Also, I do not hate cliches. I actually love cliches. I am one of the only people who actually loved the Green Lantern movie. What I do not like is High School cliches. They so boring to watch. Plus it is so predictable the that there is no tension, WHICH IS THE ONLY POINT OF HIGH SCHOOL MOVIES!!!! If there is no tension in a high school movie, there is no point. Also, I did say that EG did add a few things, but it was still mostly cliches.  :okiedokieloki:  :okiedokieloki:  :okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 1

"The voices... The voices don't stop!"

That scene of Pinkie's memories also reminds us that the animators have gotten better with the special effects and set pieces, though I suppose this might have been created as a reflection of how crazy their schedules can be.

• Brohoof 1

Every Gloriosa moment, she's kind of a favourite for me now..

Also the scene where Sunset jumped into Pinkie's mind was hillarious!  :lol: Especially when Sunset said "That explains so much."

There are some things no one was ever meant to see.

BUT I'VE GOT THIS!!!!! She sounded roided out.

attachicon.gifIve got this.PNG

In the end, she proved that she didn't. I still like Gloriosa though because of her backstory and the fact that she became a tragic villain whose intentions were lost when magic entered her life.

• Brohoof 1

BUT I'VE GOT THIS!!!!! She sounded roided out.

attachicon.gifIve got this.PNG

"No you don't!" - Timber Spruce 2016

I didn't hated it. I just really disliked it. It was OK until the Twi's song that sounded a bit too familiar and when all the magical bullshit happened, and that useless love interest for Twilight. The demon thing was too obvious too, 'twasn't that interesting anyway.

Well, to each his own I guess.

Yeah, I hated that too... If all the adults are teenagers, who are the adults? That always confused me.

Also, I watch FIM for fantasy. The human world is s***!!! Also, my comment about principals being the scariest thing was a joke. Also, I do not hate cliches. I actually love cliches. I am one of the only people who actually loved the Green Lantern movie. What I do not like is High School cliches. They so boring to watch. Plus it is so predictable the that there is no tension, WHICH IS THE ONLY POINT OF HIGH SCHOOL MOVIES!!!! If there is no tension in a high school movie, there is no point. Also, I did say that EG did add a few things, but it was still mostly cliches.  :okiedokieloki:  :okiedokieloki:  :okiedokieloki:

Well, apparently all the adults are only Celestia and Luna. Maybe it was to give the princess characters a similar age gap thing going on like it is in Equestria but It's still not that great, and doesn't justify it. Again though, I can look past that, it doesn't bother me too much. I'll admit I haven't watched that many high school movies, but I can see some cliches there, stuff like the romance, the first movie had everyone set into groups, etc. I'm not gonna act like the movie's perfect, but these cliche's don't really get old for me, again, maybe that's because I haven't seen so many High School movies other than Equestria Girls, High School Musical, and Grease if that counts anyway... I actually thought there was tension in these movies though, specifically with the villains. The opening of Rainbow Rocks actually made the Dazzlings seem intimidating, Sunset works better as a hero for me though. The villain rivals of the Friendship Games were my least favourite and completely uninteresting stereotypes, but the Gloriosa Everfree thing I feel brought the tension back. And then there's the whole Midnight Sparkle fiasco, etc. But I guess there's a difference between what counts as tension for some people.

That scene of Pinkie's memories also reminds us that the animators have gotten better with the special effects and set pieces, though I suppose this might have been created as a reflection of how crazy their schedules can be.

Yeah, the animators have really stepped up since FIM Season 1.

Yeah, same here with the future of Equestria Girls and their songs.

Cafeteria Song forever!

Every Gloriosa moment, she's kind of a favourite for me now..

Also the scene where Sunset jumped into Pinkie's mind was hillarious!  :lol: Especially when Sunset said "That explains so much."

Combine those scenes together and you have true insanity.

The music was really good in this movie! Maybe Ingram's best work. My favourite scene, though was when they defeated Gloriosa with their magic!

Nothing like a happy ending!

The song titled "Embrace the magic" and the transformation sequence personally are my fave!

Yeah, singing bacon is the best.

There are some things no one was ever meant to see.

In the end, she proved that she didn't. I still like Gloriosa though because of her backstory and the fact that she became a tragic villain whose intentions were lost when magic entered her life.

*X-Files theme song starts playing*

• Brohoof 3

Yeah, the animators have really stepped up since FIM Season 1.

This is especially true with Equestria Girls. In the first movie, the animation was crooked and flawed, but that's because DHX had never done that before with the MLP brand. Legend of Everfree is perhaps their best work yet... no, it is their best work yet.

• Brohoof 1

This is especially true with Equestria Girls. In the first movie, the animation was crooked and flawed, but that's because DHX had never done that before with the MLP brand. Legend of Everfree is perhaps their best work yet... no, it is their best work yet.

Perhaps animation wise, but Rainbow Rocks will always be my fav.