Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best/Worst Episodes of Season 6

PoisonClaw

You cannot be serious. What about Spike At Your Service? Dragon Quest? Owl's Well That Ends Well? The Mysterious Mare Do Well?

Those Spike episodes are much better than "Applejack's 'Day' Off," but when "The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows," "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?," "Somepony to Watch Over Me," and "Games Ponies Play" exist, it's hard to call it anywhere close to the show's worst episode. 

You cannot be serious. What about Spike At Your Service? Dragon Quest? Owl's Well That Ends Well? The Mysterious Mare Do Well?

Yes, I am serious. In my opinion (I forgot to wrote that this is also only my opinion), this episodes were better than Applejack's Day off. Spike at your service was not a great episode, but I there was a few things I liked (like the lot of new ponies). I have nothing against Dragon Quest. Same for Owl's Well that ends well and The Mysterious Mare do well. But Applejack's Day off is the first episode which I really don't like. But this is just my opinion. 

Edited by IronM17

I dunno about you, but other than MMDW and maybe Owl's Well, I'd gladly take those episodes over AJ's Day Off

Hell, I still consider SAYS one of the show's funniest episodes, on top of having godly interaction between the mane 6

/unpopular opinion

• Brohoof 2

Hell, I still consider SAYS one of the show's funniest episodes, on top of having godly interaction between the mane 6

/unpopular opinion

"Spike At Your Service" is underrated. Some of the best mane six interactions in the entire show - one of the few conversations they have which actually feels like a regular, casual conversation, especially when Rainbow Dash comes in. 

• Brohoof 1

I thought it would be interesting to see what the consensus is for best/worst episodes of Season 6, so I went through this topic and compiled the votes for "best/favorite" and "worst/least favorite" episodes this season. The results are shown in the graph below.

On the left are episodes that got the most "best/favorite" votes, on the right are episodes that got the most "worst/least favorite" votes, and in the middle are episodes that didn't inspire many votes either way.

"Flutter Brutter" and "Every Little Thing She Does" look like the most "love it or hate it" episodes this season, having close like/dislike ratios while garnering a significant number of votes both for and against them.

post-7304-0-62388900-1477956366_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

I thought it would be interesting to see what the consensus is for best/worst episodes of Season 6, so I went through this topic and compiled the votes for "best/favorite" and "worst/least favorite" episodes this season. The results are shown in the graph below.

On the left are episodes that got the most "best/favorite" votes, on the right are episodes that got the most "worst/least favorite" votes, and in the middle are episodes that didn't inspire many votes either way.

"Flutter Brutter" and "Every Little Thing She Does" look like the most "love it or hate it" episodes this season, having close like/dislike ratios while garnering a significant number of votes both for and against them.

attachicon.gifBest-Worst Episodes of Season 6 Graph.png

"Flutter Brutter" is no surprise to me at all in that regard; the negative points for "Every Little Thing She Does" just seem to be people who have less patience for or already disliked Starlight. A little surprised that "No Second Prances" is so high, but that's probably just because I don't really like it.

I've also really gotta feel sorry for "Newbie Dash" - it doesn't deserve the ribbing it gets. Not that I'm surprised at all that it's so low; its defenders (like myself) generally don't seem to like it enough to counterbalance those who hate it with a passion. 

• 2 weeks later...

Every Little Thing She Does: the Episode that pretty much convinced me Starlight is a much better characterized character than Sunset Shimmer, reformed villains SHOULD still have lots of issues rather than just immidately basically be saints in their next appearance.

While I geniunely enjoyed Every Little Thing She Does, I don't think it's fair to say that. Sunset Shimmer had a good reason for a change in personality, as her previous ideology was crushed. And even then, she wasn't perfect. First she was too shy and scared after her defeat, and then, in EqG, she was more aggressive after forming a bond with HuMane Five. Plus "My Past Is Not Today". Her development was plain to see, while Starlight barely had any before ELTSD, which is one of the last episodes in the entire season. Her inner conflict in The Crystalling was nonexistant, No Second Prances focused on both her and Trixie and didn't tell us much new about Starlight herself, and The Hearts Warming Tail basically had her accept the holiday for no reason at all. Actually, for a long time in Season Six, we didn't even know what Starlight likes to do besides magic. We still kinda don't, but I say it's better than when we started.