Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what are you watching more? the show or fanmade stuff ?

leonbrony17

Recently the show. I think the first year of watching the show i watched more fan stuff because i had so much brilliant fan stuff to catch up on. Now there isn't as much new stuff happening so the show is my main jam!

• Brohoof 1

Well it depends on how you count it. 

I watch 100% of the show -- so by percentage the show wins.

A season of my little pony is 9 and a half hours.  I certainly watch more than that of fanwork simply because more of it exists.

The show. I am not saying all fan made stuff is bad, since there is a lot of very good quality stuff out there,made by fans for fans.... and you can see the thought put into it.... however, a lot of it is just... what is the word i am searching for...?

I think Rarity has the answer i am searching for.

dreadful.png

Thanks Rarity! Couldn't have said it better myself! *Brohoof*

• Brohoof 1

I watch the show more often than fanmade stuff, but I won't deny that the latter does have some good moments provided it was done well and had a lot of heart and effort put into it.

Edited by Ganondorf8
  • Brohoof 1

The show. I used to watch some fanmade stuff as in watch I didn't read much of the fanfics but don't think I've done that in a long time. So I just watch the show as far as pony related media I've delved in.

Catching up on season 5 & season 6. Also watching alot of Beavis & Butthead with my friend.

Before I became a fan of Starlight, I was watching the fanmade stuff but after seeing the finale, I starting following the show, but since it's the off season for ponies, I've gone back with fanmade stuff and keeping track of updates of the show and movie until the Spring.

Color me surprised. I didn't expect such distaste to fan made content on a fan made forum. I'm kinda half and half. When I'm bored and not in the mood for episodes, I'll go check some fan content. Oh, and don't get me started on my fan music collection, that's large.

I hate the majority of fanmade stuff. I get that people want to put their own spin on the characters, etc, but some of them really take it too far away from what it was intended to be, so it's like, "Why are you even bothering?", you know? If you want the show to be super dark and edgy, maybe you'd be happier being a fan of something else?

My two pence, anyway.  :wacko:

I haven't read many fanfics, or rather, LOOKED for fanfics to read. So I guess my consumption of those decreased. I don't care for music, and I rarely download fan games unless they are shown in EQD (which is not often, I dunno why). It's easier to answer the fancontent though, due to the amount of it

I've never expected anything fan made to be comparable to the show in terms of quality. But come to think of it, I have no basis for that idea. I suppose one of these days I should take a look. But for now, I've been focusing on the show, because I want to make content of my own based off of it. And the show is the story I grew to love.