Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What If You Want To Join An Active RP But The GM Cannot Be Reached?

Denim&Venöm

I've got somepony who wants to join an RP I'm in. It's still active, but I have not been able to contact the GM and it seems like their account is frozen. 

Would letting them join in and deal w/ the consequences later overstep my bounds as a player? Or should the new player just wait for the GM to return, regardless of how long that takes? 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heya, I know your specific problem was taken care of by @Randimaxis, @Denim&Venom, but I noticed this question still hanging out there so I thought I'd jump in and answer it in case anyone else wanted to know.

When the RP owner takes a powder for whatever reason, the best course of action is for the player group to decide amongst themselves who's going to be the new 'RP owner'/GM/whatever you want to call it. You can just continue on as normal from that point on, but it can get awkward as often the first post in the RP or the OOC needs updating and the new RP owner can't do it. You've got two choices at this point:

1) Open a new RP and OOC to continue it on. Often this is the best choice because it gives the opportunity for reboots, judicious editing of events to clean stuff up, as well as just shortening an overly long thread so that new players can catch up easier. It's also something that a normal member can do on their own without involving the forum staff.

2) It is possible for a moderator to play some jiggery-pokery to change the 'owner' of the first post in a thread with a little help from the new RP owner, but it's a weird process that doesn't follow the normal moderator functions and it's effectively impossible to undo if something goes wrong. So while it can be done, it's really not recommended.

• Brohoof 2