Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was the name of first forum you ever joined?

Finesthour

Ign,sadly... they had terrible forums(not sure about now) You had to pay a membership fee just to post an avatar. That website is a joke.

• Brohoof 1

The year was 1998, at an emulation site called Demon's Bane. Given my age (thirteen at the time), I was a bit of an idiot and contributed very little to anything. In hindsight, everyone probably hated me.

I've been on a great many forums, but I've never been quite as involved elsewhere as I am here.

They actually had forums back then? Huh. When I used the internet around that time, the internet seemed fairly bare.

• Brohoof 1

This >> http://anxietyforum.net/

I was only on there for about 3 months when I was suffering from anxiety attacks. I didn't really create a profile for myself. I didn't even have an avatar or a siggy. I just needed it so I could talk to other people about the problems I had. I left shortly after I got my crap together. I don't even remember my login info either haha.

But MLP Forums is the first one I consider being a part of, almost like a family. :)

This topic really brought back the memories for me, ever since I could use a computer; I've been registering for forums and chatting with new people. When I was younger, I was a lot more arrogant in my view (on just about everything) and so I usually went onto forums and boasted. I can't recall the first forum, I think it is actually the ancient Nintendo Nsider Forums (can't remember my username but I used to be a huge fanboy of Nintendo)!

Oh god the memories...

When I got my first computer, my older brother had joined a forum called Super Smash Bros. Fansite, so I decided to join since I loved playing SSBB.

I joined when the site was going under a name change, being changed to NES: Nintendo Entertainment Site, I loved how the community was, so I stayed.

About 6 months later, another forum that we were friends with, both admins thought through it a lot, and they decided to merge both of the sites, thus creating Tales of Smash, the forming of a SSBB forum and a Tales of Forum.

Much later, people were becoming mad with what one of the admins, Emil Castigner, was doing with the site, so he left the site, swore to never return, remaking the old Tales of Forum. The old admin, Ghost, renamed one of the well known mods, Angel, as admin.

So a bunch of drama happened, people left on their own terms, more joined in their place, Emil eventually came back as a regular member, and life was as usual on the site... until tides were changing

People were getting bored with the site, we could never come up with a good RP, so people were leaving. Another forum formed by Emil, to replace the old Tales of Forum, and changed it to Tales of Two, people were instead going there. Eventually, everyone on the forum agreed that the site was dead, and everyone moved to Tales of Two.

The forum has had a lot of drama involved, but we still live on, and I really hope someday to meet some of the greatest members on that forum here and other forums.

Hmm... the first forum I ever joined was a forum my friend started which he took down about 3 weeks later the first forum I ever got addicted to was the one before mlpforums interscopenetwork.com I used to be the most active member in the clan but I eventually fell out of it when I got into watching mlp:fim

Well, the first I joined was Jurassic Park Legacy way back when so I could hang with a friend. But the it wasn't until a year or so ago that I got into a forum I enjoyed, and made over 666 posts. That one was the Steam Powered Users Forums.

I just call them the Steam Forums.

However, ponies are quickly becoming a lot more fun to talk about than:

GAME CRASHES ON STARTUP PLZ HALP!

WTF CHARGER MISSED SURVIVORZ?!?!!?

Yeah, absolutely enthralling I know. :mellow:

Plus on here I get to talk about Octavia which makes everything cooler. By about a million point infinity percent.

The first forum I joined... thats a hard one, I think it was one for a clan for a source mod for a stream game, but they hardly where active and I moved on.

The only other forum I visit other than this one is the I run myself for a small mature gaming community. which is http://drakeal.com I work on it all the time. I had it off and on for many years now.

I haven't been on many forums. My first was pigcraft.net which i still use today. Its for the minecraft multiplayer server I go on. My other forum is inheritance forums. Its a forum for the book series by Christopher Paolini called Inheritance.

(edited)

The first forum I joined was KH-Vids.net in 2006.

It was fun for the first year because there were only a handful of members, but after that year it became a drama filled hellhole. I left around 2009, never to be seen again.

I only made one true friend during my time there.

Joined Canterlot.com at the start of June after seeing a friend post about it, but it just wasn't the kind of MLP forum that I was looking for and I quickly left.

Then I found this place and fell in love. This may sound cliché, but MLP Forums is perfect for me. :3

Edited by JBeetles
  • Brohoof 2

A forum that I do not want to disclose the name of, where people could go to talk about a certain... interest, I guess you could say. I just wanted to talk about it with other people, so I joined in

Since I was a total noob (although it was only 4 years ago), I acted like an idiot and I'm pretty sure most of the userbase thought I was annoying. I left out of shame after only making about 100 posts. Feels like forever ago, but it really wasn't in retrospect

Since then I've joined plenty of other forums, but I don't remember a lot of them since I only made a handful of posts then left. There's another forum that I've been on since 09' where I have just over 1,000 posts (I've made plenty of good friends there), and this forum right here is the second most active I've been on

To be completely honest though, I've always been more of a channer (this is slowly starting to change), so I've spent more time there than on actual forums

The first forum i joined was an anime one called AnimeID.com it's more for spanish talking people, but it is a great comunnity i've learned a lot of things there and i've made a lot of good friends, that aren't the typical crazy Otaku guy/chick that's always saying desu or something like that, I've been there since October or November of 2010

They actually had forums back then? Huh. When I used the internet around that time, the internet seemed fairly bare.

Forums back then were a tad bit different than what we've got now. I can't really say that I miss WWWThreads, or the horror that is conversation threading.

• Brohoof 2

The very first was Seald.net. All what left of it was a weird blog-like post or something.

It was quite an enjoyable community, but not that good because the admins got this tendency to ban anyone who dared to lift a word about his authority. I got banned within first week because my rascal mouth. Good times.

• Brohoof 1

A lot has changed in ForosDZ since 2003, first of all it doesn't look like something from 1998 anymore. More importantly it weeded out all of the bad eggs. Though, I mainly joined in for the perks that they had going on at the time, as I never really was involved in much there.

My very first forums. The memories! It was a site called Supermariobrothers.org. I was around 10-11 so I made stupid mistakes occasionally. I was such a noob at forums back then. :/

First Forum, Inheritance Forum for the book series by Christopher Paolini. You probably know them as Eragon (also the movie), Eldest, Brisignr and Inheritance.

I have been Mindrop on almost every forum I have been one. The few I have no been, I dont go to any more.

First forum would be Sonic Stadium, in 2006.

To be technical, I was on GameFAQs, but I didn't actually do anything on the forum until after the release of Sonic Rush Adventure. Actually, I contributed a "secret" to the Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak page.

Magical DoReMi. I was so obsessed with it during my high school years and I visited the MBs every day.

I've fell in love three times there, and gotten my first forum boyfriend...who was older than me at the time.

Good times, good times! *sighs*

I've been on a bunch of forums but none that I am still active in today. I think my first was PunkRockDomestics? Before I discovered forums though I was really into Livejournal & Expage.

I would say 4chan but since you don't need to register there, the first LEGIT forum I joined was SonicAnime.net back in '06. All things Sonic the Hedgehog related.

God, sometimes I really miss that place. After having been a /b/tard for two years, I remember being banned twice in my first month on SA.net due to my vulgarity and rudeness. SA.net taught me internet manners, not to mention I made my first internet friends thru that site. Spent a good 3 years there, but it started to die in 2010, seems like just about every member lost interest.

I recently checked up on it and my account is still active, which is awesome because it seems like activity is on the rise (probably due to Sonic 4 and Generations).