Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if the movie disappoint you?

leonbrony17

How would you react?

I would be disppointed, yet i actually didn't expect anything else.

Would you never watch it again?

No.
Would you be more critical with the show from then on?
No. The show will always be first priority.

Would you try to watch it again and try to find something good in the bad movie?

No. Never done with Equestria Girls 2, 3 and 4

Would you even leave the fandom?

I will leave during season seven to 95%

Would you just be sad because, it's a wasted oppurtinity?

They wasted big opportunities so often in the past that i got apathetic to that.

Edited by Swifty
  • Brohoof 1

How would you react?

Would you never watch it again?

Would you be more critical with the show from then on?

Would you try to watch it again and try to find something good in the bad movie?

Would you even leave the fandom?

Would you just be sad because, it's a wasted oppurtinity?

I would choose the "watch it again and try to find something good" way.

1. I've been disappointed with adventure-esque episodes of the show since the beginning, so it'll just be another one of those kinds of stories for me with this show at least.

2. No reason to be unreasonably angry again.

3. Depends on how the movie plays out and how the show plays out after if it's still going.

4. I already try to find positives even in something I hate. Doesn't stop me from hating the product, though.

5. I'm not that attached to the fandom.

6. When it comes to storytelling, wasting potential is one of the biggest crimes a story can commit because I know a product didn't need or had no reason to turn out the way it did.

As someone who was extremely disappointed in the first Spongebob movie, I know how that feels. I've learned through that not to set my expectations very high. I hope that the MLP movie will have an epic adventure, but I'm not going to place my bets on it. At the same time, I'm very hyped for the movie, so it's very hard for me to set my expectations low. I think it's going to be hard for me not to feel that I had a bad night, if the movie severely blunders. Will I leave the fandom over it, though? Definitely not. I will still love MLP because of its solid six seasons and its wonderful fan-made content. Besides, I'm sure there will be alternate stoyline fan-fics written after the movie, some that may be even greater than the movie itself.   

At the very least, I hope that the movie will be worth my time when I go out with my friends to the midnight premiere. I will see what the pre-release Rotten Tomatoes reviews will be, and use them as guides for my expectation level.  

Would I be disappointed? A little bit but then I would come to the realization that what the writers wanted to do and what I wanted to see happen were on opposite ends of the spectrum. I'd still re-watch the movie again for both entertainment purposes and to see if I missed anything the first time through it.

• Brohoof 1

Whatever? I'm ready for it. EG 3 and 4 already disappointed me. It's hard to make something as new as EG1 and as stylish and awesome as EG2 (EG2 was absolute win!).

I do hate every single MLP movie lol. So I would actually be impressed if I like it. Hope I can watch it with too! ♥

KEK. You hate everything I love хз

Edited by Alolan Crypty
  • Brohoof 1

IF THIS MOVIE DARES TO DISAPPOINT ME I WILL... ​ask for a letter of sincere apology.

In all seriousness though, the Equestria girls movies were FAR better then I thought they would be so I'm not to afraid of them screwing this one up. Especially considering this one will use the formula of the main series. 

I already have modest expectations, so if it doesn't turn out great, I'll probably be sad about the lost opportunity, but for it to genuinely let me down it'd have to be genuinely awful (like, Legend of Everfree awful, at least), so I'd certainly be irritated if that happened. 

• 4 weeks later...