Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the plot of the movie?

Props Valroa

i know the plot was.Twilight and spike writing intivations to the party.The mega new pop star was songbird serende gonna sing in the huge party.But suddenly,trouble in equestria the villain captured some pony.The mane 6 journey to another place like alien land seaponies kingdom and new ponyland for new theat.

I assume that some new threat from a thousand years ago is looking for revenge or something, and requires the mane 6 to travel outside of Equestria in order to find a way to defeat it, all the while making new allies, and musical numbers.

I'll copy and paste a quote from this article.

In the movie, a new dark force threatens Ponyville, and the Mane 6 – Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rarity – embark on an unforgettable journey beyond Equestria where they meet new friends and exciting challenges on a quest to use the magic of friendship and save their home.

Edited by PinkiePie97

At this point, the movie plot remains unknown to all except for those who are working on it. I'm sure we'll get some teasers and trailers in the coming months but for now all we can do is wait.

I could care less about seaponies. I want to see Chrysalis, Starlight, and Trixie, Discord and other background characters be involved. If it is just mane 6 with nobody else, then I won't watch it. If they make seaponies look cool and not just a recolor and some horribly put together race, then it might be interesting. And please, I don't want to see the mane 6 just use the elements and make the bad guy all good again like its nothing. I want an in depth reformation, that is interesting, good, etc. 

Evil Celestia like my name and avatar would be nice. 

Edited by NightMare Star.

What is the plot of the movie? What have we been given so far? 

Honestly I didn't even know that there was going to be one until I joined up here.

Glad to hear that it will be made via toonboom.

As an animator that uses the software itself, I am very excited to learn that it will be made with it.