Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who did eternal threats better?

ManaMinori

In Frozen, Elsa accidentally brought threat of an eternal winter, while accidentally nearly killing her sister in the process, whereas in FiM, Nightmare moon purposefully brings a threat of eternal night while also purposefully trying to kill her sister. Which situation was more dire? Which sister brought more feels and impact?

Nightmare Moon's threat was more dire, being worldwide and all; Elsa's threat only covered a kingdom, as far as we saw.

But if Luna were making it night in Equestria forever, wouldn't the other half of their planet be permanently day? I think Luna/Nightmare Moon didn't think that whole eternal night plan out too well.

It would probably cause more harm because of that fact, though. One side of a planet being cooked to death, and the other frozen over by lack of sun.

• Brohoof 1

Luna was a straightforward villain. She was an obstacle for the main characters to overcome. Elsa however was an accidental antagonist. She wasn't something for Anna to overcome, rather she was a loving sister who needed help.

So, while Nightmare Moon is the bigger threat(an active evil), Elsa's situation was more intimate for the viewer. The actual struggle being between the relationship between sisters.

Consider Nightmare Moon as a separate character to Luna. She was the sister of Celestia in name only, and this callousness makes the emotional connection between them and the viewer much less significant.

God of the bible *cough* oh he isn't on the list. 

Either threat is really tame considering the scope and depth of imagination for what eternal could be. And taking away millions of people's freedoms is just bad, but its capable to get used to eternal winter (canada? lol, and greenland) or eternal night plants could prolly get used to http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/5-interesting-plants-that-can-119497http://www.livescience.com/25868-cave-dwelling-nettle-discovered.html considering star and moonlight would still be constant. So their threats aren't really bad. Worst that would happen is some sleep cycle problems or depression, but that'd change over enough generations, and with magic. It is nowhere near actual evil, those two. They were both born out of a desire for enjoyment or being themselves or etc. Not sadism or evil.

This is a hard decision, both seem pretty dire if you asked me. Eternal winter does sound bad but I actually like winter so... I only say that for people that don't like winter but for myself I don't mind eternal winter. There might be some long term consequences but I feel they won't appear past when I'm long dead so I don't think I care much about it.

Nightmare Moon actually tried to kill her sister, and would have frozen the entire planet, and block out the sun, while Elsa only accidentally caused an eternal winter for one kingdom.

So Nightmare Moon wins that.

But Elsa is still a much more interesting character.

If there was eternal night, wouldn't all the plants die, followed by all the other living things?

Not a farmer or anything, but you can probably grow SOMETHING during winter, but probably nothing during eternal night.

So Luna wins worst horse of eternity award.

Edited by Bit Boss