Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gates of tartarus

Deidre Asada

So you think they will ever be an episode that will be about the gates of tartarus in a later show and if so how do you think such an episode like that will be like.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=EChAd-oaL_g

Posted Image

(edited)

Probably won't be one- that, as well as Cerberus, were similarly both part of the show's numerous references to mythology. :P

Also, who's that with Twi's CM on the bottom-left corner of the pic?! O_O

Edited by NASCARFAN160

So you think they will ever be an episode that will be about the gates of tartarus in a later show and if so how do you think such an episode like that will be like.

http-~~-//www.youtube.c...h?v=EChAd-oaL_g

Posted Image

In my mind, I have little doubt we won't ever hear about it again. They went through the trouble of making this whole schabeel...'Tartarus'...'all the evil creatures inside'. Perhaps it could be opened again by Discord upon his return, or Chrysalis in an attempt to give her armies' forces more of boost. Or, it could very well be the ponies simply find themselves in the need of traveling there. I think there's a lot of different ways they could go.

NO

It would be a HUGE mistake. Religion? A hell reference!? No way man. Also what would they depict at "the gates of tarturas"? The only things you could would be way to volatile, explicit for a lil girls show!

that would be completely cool! mentioning tartarus again would be possible, but giving us a 'tour' of an accurate tartarus would be out of the question.

i'm really eager to find out if they'll incorporate any mythological 'stories' and whatnot, as they have a lot of good lessons.

They could include/make an episode that expands on the whole notion of tartarus, but would they? Just imagine the possibilities.Perhaps its mention however was nothing more than fodder for that particular episode.

NO

It would be a HUGE mistake. Religion? A hell reference!? No way man.

There's already been a Hell reference. So I think we're past the concern about what would happen.

In greek mythology terms, it can just be simply illustrated as a pit of sorts, and not wholly a religious related hell reference, besides, I think it'd make an interesting comeback for another plot. The gates of the abyss.

As far as the character Tartarus, the third manifestation of chaos, well we'll have to wait and see.

All of this is ofcourse, in my opinion. :P

• Brohoof 1

I've wondered about this too, and I think an episode about the Gates of Tartarus would be great, or at least more episodes with more potential villians escaping from there... :)

(edited)

What you guys think of this character I found on deviant art do you think he will be a main villain if they do an episode like this.

Also here is the person site where I found the photo.

http://browse.devian...h pony#/d4p3g69

Posted Image

As awesome as this would be, he may be too dark and scary for MLP's target audience. Not that I think he is, disney's shown children much scarier things in the past.

Edited by Pegasus25

(edited)

Well if you put in a way the royal wedding episode was a great way to introduce a new villain and she was really scary to be part of a tv show that was intended for little girls.

Also I found some really good photos of some demon ponies that would fit perfectly if they do an episode of the gates of tartarus.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by LuthianDracul

As awesome as this would be, he may be too dark and scary for MLP's target audience. Not that I think he is, disney's shown children much scarier things in the past.

Lions getting eaten by hyena's, voodoo doctors being dragged off into voodoo hell by spirits, corrupt judges trying to destroy a city to find a girl...naaaah, not Disney |'D

I think Reaper Pony there looks pretty cool actually ^-^

Nah. I honestly think that adding in Cerberus was a push in itself. If I were 5 years old watching ponies and saw a giant three headed beast come out of nowhere, my reaction would have been a little more than a questioning scratch on the head... But yes, going to Tartarus would be too much for something to be on the Hub. I don't think anyone wants to go to the underworld.

Smashing!

Honestly, I can see them doing it and getting away with it fairly easily.

Of course, they'd have to tone it down and put a kid friendly twist on it, but, well...

Anyone remember the Powerpuff Girls episode where it showed the future under the rule of Him?

(edited)

Lions getting eaten by hyena's, voodoo doctors being dragged off into voodoo hell by spirits, corrupt judges trying to destroy a city to find a girl...naaaah, not Disney |'D

I think Reaper Pony there looks pretty cool actually ^-^

Yes but do they have the balls to put something like that in MLP? They'd gain so much more respect from me if they did, MLP already has a lot of Getting Shit Past the Radar trope, so I wouldn't put it past them to put in Death Pony.

Well if you put in a way the royal wedding episode was a great way to introduce a new villain and she was really scary to be part of a tv show that was intended for little girls.

Also I found some really good photos of some demon ponies that would fit perfectly if they do an episode of the gates of tartarus.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I see your demon ponies are raise you:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Demon ponies are awesome, but these are more awesome. I'd rather full fledged humanoid demons personally.

Edited by Pegasus25
  • Brohoof 1

In my mind, I forsee a possible version of MLP in the future that is not as constrained as the current series, and one which becomes more oriented towards fantasy action. In that version, things like this would have a larger role. I often feel when watching this show that there is a story behind the story, but we only see glimpses into the world because, after all, it is still made for an audience of young children. Then again, season 2's finale showed that the show apparently can be taken farther than I, at least, would have thought.

I just can't see Hasbro adding action figures into their toyline that include things like "Death Pony". But who knows? I'm no expert children's toys.

As much as I would enjoy seeing this happen, I believe it would never be Canon. It might be a decent fan-made thing, if someone good with flash were to take up the task, however, I agree with most if not all opinions on this thread in the fact that it'll never happen :(

• 2 years later...