Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello. I want to share with somepony my life story

iDanny

Hello. I am sorry in advance for my bad English. I just study this language, so I can’t speak it pretty well.

My name is Danil, I’m 19 years old. I live in Russia, in the city of Dolgoprudnyj (this is an adjective, it’s translating as «long-pond»). I’m a disabled since the childhood because of arthritis. My joints are twisted, so the limbs are very weak. I can walk across my flat independently but very slowly (from my living room to the kitchen, toilet, or bathroom, for example), but in the outsides I’m moved around in a wheelchair by the members of my family. I was getting my school education at home. The quality of this education is very mediocre. In fact, I can write this post only because of self-studying, a couple years ago my skill of English had been enough only for short primitive messages. But this is not the main thing. The main thing is that I had not communicated with my peers at all. Obviously, I haven’t had any friends or a second half. Not because of I’m too shy or, conversely, evil. Just because of I didn’t have possibility to communicate. And that’s very sadly to me. I do not need pity. I just want to meet people with similar interests. And, perhaps, make friends.

I started watching MLP in June of 2014. I momently fell in love with these cute ponies, especially with Twily and Dashie. Despite to the fact that I’ve always had many interests (you can read about them in my profile page), the Brony fandom has become my very first fandom. I met with some Russian bronies in a popular MLP forum, but I haven’t made any friends there. I hope I will get a luck here.

But I’ve not done yet. Among other things, I have been visual impaired already for one and a half year. Glaucoma. I can’t see the things around me. Blue sky, green grass, sweet woman’s smile, cute pony face - all of these things are not available to me anymore. But I still watch MLP even without knowledge of the appearance of the new characters. Maybe, this series is really magically.

• Brohoof 4

@@iDanny

Hello Danil. Firstly, welcome to the forums. I see you joined not that long ago, right? I'm Russian too! From Pskov that is. I know how it can be, when you are alone, with no friends. Isolated. I was so because of the travels of my family and lack in necessery skills in languages to communicate. But I really think you will be able to find good friends on the forums. It's full of wonderfull people. I found my best friends here myself. If you want, I can be your friend as well ^_^ Just add me as a friend if you wish. I'm friendly (although a bit chaotic). There is nothing better to practice english than by talking to english speaking people.

P.S.: Also, if you make some grammar mistakes, I can advise installing Grammarly. It's a good spelling checker and exists as a chrome extention that checks the spelling of everything you write. I use it myself :) 

Studying home is hard. I tried to for one year. It's faster, gives better results, but the problem is, when you don't understand something, there is no one to explain it to you. -hugs-

Actually, I think I'll add you as a friend myself. You seem very nice ^_^ I hope you'll have a great time here.

Hey there iDanny! Welcome to MLPForums! I'm from the Midwestern part of the United States (Indiana, to be exact), but I bet Russia is very pretty in many areas.

I may not have the same issues you have (mine are more mental and developmental issues), but I understand what that's like. For example, I am diagnosed with high-functioning autism, and people seem to have huge misunderstandings about that disorder (such as, people calling eachother "autistic" in an insult form for example). For me, I just think I'm still a normal person, I just have some peculiar differences (which is in no way bad! ;)) than others. For example, many things I learned in a very unorthodox way, such as typing. I was never good at home-row, and eventually I just memorized the keyboard format and went from there. I still struggle deeply with math too, and I'm almost in college/university.

Anyways, you'll meet some awesome people here, I'm very sure of it. We're very civil and positive here on MLPForums, and it really shows how good of a community we are. In fact, I am about to be a staff member here (if you want to believe it or not, I have already gotten permission to say so and gone through the process), and have been around the forums since 2012, so if you need a friend to talk to, feel free to PM me! I'm on quite a bit, so I can usually respond to private messages really quick.

Again, welcome to MLPF, enjoy your time here!

Welcome to the forum iDanny.. Thank you for sharing your story with us. It really helps open peoples eyes on the struggles many go through in life. I am glad you found the show and it's messages and they have brought some magic to your world. :pinkie:

Good luck on your practicing English. Talking to people here in the forum will help you loads.

Is it wrong to be skeptical here, you say you cannot see the ponies, how do you type? Also arthritis would suck alot if you have it in your hands, typing must be excruciatingly painful.

Maybe simply enough the desire to do something is greater than the inconveniences.

Anyways, what is your diet like? Is your arthritis genetic, or is it possibly from childhood diet?

Edited by Lil Pip

Thank you all for the answers.

It’s very interesting that even English-speaking people (which are mainly Americans, British, Canadians, and residents of other developed Western countries) don’t know about how blind and low-vision people use their modern gadgets. I can use my computer and smartphone withe the programs called «screen-readers». In my case, I use Apple’s VoiceOver on my Mac and iPhone. In Android it calls TalkBack, in Windows - JAWS and NVDA.

As I said, I have had my disease since childhood (since one year, to be exact). It was a medical error. Recently gotten glaucoma is a deferred consequence of the general autoimmune disease. Typing on both physical and virtual keyboards is not problem to me, but my typing speed is pretty slow.

Well, enough about sad. Let’s talk about ponies. :) As I have also said, my favorite is Dashie. Maybe because of her coolness, awesomeness, and radicalness. And because she is very cute, loyal, and kind in the same time. Sometimes I dream about meeting a girl like Rainbow. And also I love Twily for  things like kindness, diligence, desire to help others, and also I love her because I have a great respect for so smart, science people. And one of my favorite episodes is «Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3». Interacting of two my favorite characters looks very good for me. Also I love CMC and musical episodes.

Oh, there are too many «also» words in my text. What synonyms does that word have?

I do not know how to use the PM feature on this forum. My screen-reader cannot read that part of the web page, but other parts are red perfectly. Except of post-a-reply field which is quite inconvenient for using with VoiceOver.

• Brohoof 1

@@iDanny

The subject of this thread does not contain much potential to start a discussion here and would, in turn, be better suited as a status uldate or perhaps a blog entry, as sharing a story such as this would be better executed through those places. Please remember when creating a new thread in the future, the goal is to commence a meaningful discussion regarding a certain topic.

Locking.

• Brohoof 2