Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fluttershy

medium.jpg

Oh, my!

I'm so sorry, everypony! Between working with my friends on the Friendship Counsel, my tea time with Discord and watching over the Animal Sanctuary, I completely lost track of time! :blush:

**Suddenly, Fluttershy feels a tap to her leg, before looking down to see Angel Bunny trying to get her attention**

Oh! Hi there, Angel. What do you have in your paws? :ooh:

**Taking notice of a rolled up piece of paper held in the bunny's grasp, she blinks curiously as Angel present her with a letter, prompting her to read**

A letter to me? Wait a minute. It's a letter from Twilight! :fluttershy:

**With a soft gasp, she unrolls the letter and begins to read. Scanning from top to bottom, she feels tears welling up in her eyes as she smiles**

Oh, my. It's truly an honor to have a whole month dedicated to you. I don't know if I truly deserve such an honor... :(

*She blinks, hearing a squeak coming from Angel. Looking down, she sees the little bunny wave its paws at her, before smiling with a nod as she dries her tears**

You're right, Angel! I have to remember the lessons that I've learned and trust in what my friends have presented to me. :)

Still, what can we do for a month dedicated to me?

**As she stands there thinking for a moment, she smiled as an idea began to take form**

Wait a minute. I think I might have an idea! :eager:

Given that my Element of Harmony is Kindness, I think an act of Kindness is a most wonderful idea to celebrate!

Most days, there are times when somepony might need a helping hoof. Whether that's assisting someone with a task, offering a shoulder to lean on, or helping someone across the street. A little bit of kindness can truly go a long way. :coco:

That's why, for the rest of the month, I want to challenge the readers and users to do one random act of kindness. Whether it's here on the Forums, or outside of the Forums. Once you do that, please come back here and post that act of Kindness in the thread.

Doing so will earn you a badge in celebration of your Kind deed!

I look forward to hearing all about your Acts of Kindness, everypony! :fluttershy:

Fluttershy_Main_Box.png

• Brohoof 5
  • Excited 2
  • Hugs 5

Oh! This is exciting! Can't wait to see what unfolds from here, my little ponies!

Remember that you have my blessings on this month!

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1
  • Hugs 4

19 minutes ago, Ice Princess Silky said:

I believe she means that there is a challenge where you have to perform a random act of kindness for the remainder of the month.

Whether it be a real world act of kindness or towards someone in the forums

- you get a badge for this event! :coco:

Best I embrace the challenge:worry:  

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 1

There are many different kinds of kindness done throughout my lifetime of the past, of the present and of the future for me.

Some acts are small like offering some of ones own snack food to share with others at work or even helping them to clean their area after you worked very to clean your own. 

Small acts? Yes but are they insignificant? Never.

Then there are acts much bigger than this like finding a lost abandoned kitten on the  side of the road, cleaning it off and bringing home to feed and cherish dear until another cat in need comes calling into your life saved yet again with a happy spirit so fine.

Sometimes when all that is needed is for someone to vent or talk my heart sings to theirs to help find it's natural rhythm and song.

And though this be long I hope it gives your own heart desire to aid,  for the the heart of kindness needs your soul's precious song.

I mean really, kindness is the greatest power of my magic and connection to our fellow beings.

It moves things out of your way that your previously thought impossible.

At a certain point you don't even have to consciously focus on helping others you just brighten the mind and hearts of others just by being there your heart becomes so big.

I know this is not what this challenge is about for this event but still I hope my comment does inspire others reading to do more random and perhaps not so random acts of kindness.

Good luck , hope you all get a lovely event badge from this. 

Me I'm going to bed now too tired to try for the challenge rn. 

• Brohoof 4

My random act of kindness from yesterday was helping someone buy chocolate in celebration of Discount Chocolate Day! :PIPPIPHURRAY:

• Brohoof 3
  • smile 2

7 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Best I embrace the challenge:worry:  

Sure! Any random act of kindness to your ability will count <3 it's always good to see the best In others and kindness is a wonderful way of showing you see the light in them.

3 hours ago, Comp said:

My random act of kindness from yesterday was helping someone buy chocolate in celebration of Discount Chocolate Day! :PIPPIPHURRAY:

this is certainly a token of kindness that lives on in our memory. I love chocolates!

4 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Does making meals for the people I care about count? It's practically a regular thing for me, but I still do it happily. :twi:

It absolutely does. Love and its beautiful expression comes to us in so many forms!

6 hours ago, shadowmoon Dancer said:

There are many different kinds of kindness done throughout my lifetime of the past, of the present and of the future for me.

Some acts are small like offering some of ones own snack food to share with others at work or even helping them to clean their area after you worked very to clean your own. 

Small acts? Yes but are they insignificant? Never.

Then there are acts much bigger than this like finding a lost abandoned kitten on the  side of the road, cleaning it off and bringing home to feed and cherish dear until another cat in need comes calling into your life saved yet again with a happy spirit so fine.

Sometimes when all that is needed is for someone to vent or talk my heart sings to theirs to help find it's natural rhythm and song.

And though this be long I hope it gives your own heart desire to aid,  for the the heart of kindness needs your soul's precious song.

I mean really, kindness is the greatest power of my magic and connection to our fellow beings.

It moves things out of your way that your previously thought impossible.

At a certain point you don't even have to consciously focus on helping others you just brighten the mind and hearts of others just by being there your heart becomes so big.

I know this is not what this challenge is about for this event but still I hope my comment does inspire others reading to do more random and perhaps not so random acts of kindness.

Good luck , hope you all get a lovely event badge from this. 

Me I'm going to bed now too tired to try for the challenge rn. 

You certainly grasp the spirit of love and kindness! I am proud of you. Please rest and recharge your essence so that the spirit of love and kindness can be passed on.

There is a phrase, "you cannot give water if your own glass of water is empty." even at the risk of triggering @Cash In Discord's song about a glass of water -- I think this is an important note to consider!

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

9 minutes ago, Princess Cadance said:

Sure! Any random act of kindness to your ability will count <3 it's always good to see the best In others and kindness is a wonderful way of showing you see the light in them.

this is certainly a token of kindness that lives on in our memory. I love chocolates!

It absolutely does. Love and its beautiful expression comes to us in so many forms!

You certainly grasp the spirit of love and kindness! I am proud of you. Please rest and recharge your essence so that the spirit of love and kindness can be passed on.

There is a phrase, "you cannot give water if your own glass of water is empty." even at the risk of triggering @Cash In Discord's song about a glass of water -- I think this is an important note to consider!

Oh, this morning found a bat sleeping in our apartment, asleep by a wall so we caught it and let it back outside. 

So, not killing and letting an animal go back to it's home outside. Id say that counts as a definite act of kindness. ☺️

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 2

6 minutes ago, shadowmoon Dancer said:

Oh, this morning found a bat sleeping in our apartment, asleep by a wall so we caught it and let it back outside. 

So, not killing and letting an animal go back to it's home outside. Id say that counts as a definite act of kindness. ☺️

It most certainly does! And that bat was able to find its peace properly elsewhere!

10 hours ago, shadowmoon Dancer said:

@Fluttershy What do you mean by "post an act of kindness"? 

You mean describe what you did or what exactly?

Fluttershy tends to be a rather shy speak. But yes, this is what she's meant. :SassySaddles2:

• Brohoof 2

this is kind of silly but i went out specifically to buy my cat, (whos name is- and im not kidding- cheese sandwich. tiny bit obsessed) some treats because shes been a good kitty :3 very small act of kindness, but she enjoyed it lol

• Brohoof 4
  • Hugs 1

I went to the dump today with my parents. I got all the trash consolidated and ready for them and loaded it in the car for them. I enjoy doing useful chores, so my parents have less work to do.

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 2

I help out at the food pantry every Friday at my church I help set up the food and help out with what I could and today thos morning I took out the garbage for my uncle  and I tell my friends everyday how much I love them 

• Brohoof 3
  • Excited 1
  • Hugs 2

On the subject of discussing kindness I have the perfect Commercial emphasizing the effect our kindness can have for us in the long run.

This should inspire you plenty.

Do enjoy and let me know what your thoughts are on it. 

• Hugs 3

1 hour ago, shadowmoon Dancer said:

On the subject of discussing kindness I have the perfect Commercial emphasizing the effect our kindness can have for us in the long run.

This should inspire you plenty.

Do enjoy and let me know what your thoughts are on it. 

:coco:

That was very powerful. Thank you for sharing. If I could react to your post twice, I would. It really reminds me to be generous.
In fact, it reminds me of a song. It's Christmas themed, but I always listen to it before Christmas ends each year as a reminder to be kind and generous whenever possible.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

Hm rarely I would go out to do something nice without any obligation for a stranger except for one time recently. This was taking in a retail and there was this dad with his 5 year old daughter. He needed to go to the restroom and he was about to leave his daughter in a cart by herself. Not the smartest thing to do in my personal opinion…. Buuuut, lucky for him, I was there to volunteer to look after his daughter while he’s gone.  Its always feels good when any time I got a chance to helped a stranger without a second thought since its felt like an act of kindness in its purest form. :coco:

• Brohoof 3
  • smile 1
  • Excited 1

2 hours ago, TBD said:

Hm rarely I would go out to do something nice without any obligation for a stranger except for one time recently. This was taking in a retail and there was this dad with his 5 year old daughter. He needed to go to the restroom and he was about to leave his daughter in a cart by herself. Not the smartest thing to do in my personal opinion…. Buuuut, lucky for him, I was there to volunteer to look after his daughter while he’s gone.  Its always feels good when any time I got a chance to helped a stranger without a second thought since its felt like an act of kindness in its purest form. :coco:

This was so sweet of you to do. :squee: It takes a village!

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1
  • Hugs 1

When I went eating out, I paid for the person behind me so that they could be surprised when it was their turn to get their order <3 

I did it randomly in honor of this event. Maybe they had felt the act of kindness and wonder “what just happened?” But it was too late. I was long gone.

Bwhahahaha random acts of kindness STRIKES again :manic-laughter:

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 3
  • Excited 1
  • Hugs 1