Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Luna is smaller than Celestia ?

Le Trotteur Sauvage

(edited)

After the moon thing, I guess the elements reduced her to some sort of younger state because... it’s more innocent? I dunno. 

Otherwise, she’s probably just smaller because of genetics. Stuff like that happens.

Edited by AlexanderThrond
  • Brohoof 1

I haven't read the responses, so it's probably been said before.  She Celestia's younger sister.  How much younger we don't know, so it's reasonable she'd be smaller.

Simple. She is just shorter than her sister. Celestia seems to be the one who is abnormally tall. Besides pony heights vary from individual to individual. Big Mac, Starswirl, Fleur are all tall ponies and Rock Hoof is enormous.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

it could work like humans, not everyone has the same height, its not only depended on age,
as for her becoming young during her reformation, maybe the proccess of cleansing nightmare moon was particularly draining, so she had to become like that to preserve energy, once she was healed, she turned back to normal size quickly enough,she didn't have to wait a thousand years again

• Brohoof 2

I think she's just the smaller of the siblings like Twilight is smaller than Shining Armour. I did however read one fun fanfic where both Luna and Celestia are the size of normal ponies they just use magic to alter their appearance to a more appropriate one for their roles as princesses which is also why they have those floaty, glowy manes. I think its Scootaloo who looks in on a sleeping Luna and see's her in that teenage form of S1 and remembers Sweetie Bell saying Rarity also looks very different without her make up on.

I know it doesn't work with the images of a sleeping Luna but I rather like the theory.