Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Love Torn Apart (with Shadow Dancer)

Sphinx-Ara

"You have always been a great singer." Amion smiled "Wow, you have it as well." Amion took his wallet out and opened it showing a photo of Elera and himself smiling into the camera arms wrapped around each other. "I could never bring myself to get rid of it." He took a breath, "Well I'm sure you want to know how I have been doing. Well I finished my last year of high school and then joined the military, went for a tour seen combat more times then I'd like and found some scary things about myself before deciding it best for my mental health to not sign back up immediately. So I've been here for about six months as a civilian the military set me up with a decent place and a good job and I get discounts at the coffee shop and bar." Amion laughed at the little quip he made.

Elera smiles as she leans on him and closes her eyes "Well, you made the right choice babe, what if you reenlisted and went on tour then got killed? I would have felt my heart break even worse than it did before" she nuzzles him and smiles as she sees the photo "Mine is framed and sitting on the bedside table on the other side of my bed"

Amion shifts a little to support the slight change in weight, "I'm glad I came back too, if I hadn't I would not have ran into you here would I? As for dying don't worry, Dad would have pulled me from hell itself to beat the shit out of me. He did not like my choice of the military over college and I was off to basic by the time he knew about it." 

Amion laughed, "Besides the picture and memories of our time together is what spurred me on, I was determined to survive if only to have a chance to find you again. Maybe I can tell a couple of stories sometime."

It was then Amion realized he had no idea where he was going, "Elera you might want to start leading us to your friends place, unlike me you know where it is."

She smiles and nods as she begins leading the way and sighs as she links arms and tails with him "I'm glad you heard me sing, I mean..my singing is what I got my scholarship for, but I-I'm still a little nervous about singing in front of huge crowds..but with..with you sitting front row, cheering me on..I think..I think I can do it" she says and nuzzles him "I love you Amion, I n-never even dated or slept with anyone after being taken away from you..I wanted..I wanted to keep myself pure for when you came back to me"

"I love you as well. I've dated after some of my friends insisted on it, but none felt right so nothing went past the first couple of dates. When bullets flew over my head I found myself fighting harder for the chance to see you again. Now that I am here with you again I promise I will not leave you again as long as I have any say in it." Amion kept a satisfied smile, that little hole in his heart and mind filled once more.

She nods and kisses him "Amion, please promise me you won't reenlist..You've done your duty and now we're back together, what if..we get married and have pups or kits? What would I tell them if you died out there?" she asks, holding him tighter, making some rather cute ottery noises. She closes her eyes and flicks her ears and whiskers. "How would I feel if you die out there? Why not go to college? Get a good education so you can get a good job"

Anion put a hand under her chin and looked Elera in the eye, careful not to scratch her with his claws. "Don't worry I won't reenlist, as for college I have a couple of years worth thanks to the military and I plan on a four year in engineering always found it to be interesting." As if to punctuate his point he kissed her.

She nods and hugs him closer, her eyes closed as they kissed and she presses against him "D-d you remember that p-promise you made to me? A-about what you would do if w-we ever found each other again?" she asks as she buries her head into his chest with a soft sigh.

Amion tried to recall the specifics but bits and pieces were a bit hazy. "I remember wanting you to be happy, kissing you like there would be not tomorrow but parts have gotten a bit hazy over the years especially over the four years in the military. Sorry." Amion was apologetic disliking the fact he could not recall the exact things he said though they sat on the tip of his tongue.

She smiles "Well I'll give you  clue" she says softly as she reaches out her left hand, wiggling her ring finger "Do you remember now?" she asks as she leans over and kisses him deeply, "Maybe that might have jogged that memory of yours love, it was a pretty big promise"

Amion Blushed planting his head in his palm as the memory rushed back to the front of his head and he realized he left the ring that he got from his mother so long ago in a drawer in his bedroom. "I remember now, how I forgot is quite a mystery, like you said it was a big promise and one I will gladly fulfill." Amion looked around seeing houses this time, "Seems we are nearing our destination I presume."  

Elera smiles as she holds him close "Good, it didn't take too much to jog your memory" she says with a giggle and then nods "Yep, just a couple more blocks and we'll be there" she says as she twirls her tail with his and leans in close "It'll be just like old times, you now that little plush wolf you gave me for my fifth birthday? I still have him, he sleeps in the bed with me every night" she says "and I take him everywhere with me"

Amion remembered the wolf plushie got for her and she did bring it everywhere. "Wow you have that plush honestly never thought it would survive this long." Amion enjoyed the feeling of warmth coming from Elera a feeling he has not felt for years, one he missed dearly.

"Of course I kept him, he was and still is one of my very favorite presents I've gotten from you, then there's the plush kitten you got me on our last date" Elera says as she nuzzles him and makes some rather adorably otter sounds. She then blushes "Well we're nearly there, now, they're going to be very critical of you at first, as they're very protective of me"

Amion shrugged, "I can take people being critical of me, besides I'm glad you found such good friends and it has been awhile since someone has threatened to skewer me if I broke your heart."

Amion looked around, seeing a couple people out and about, he even saw a group of kids playing ball on the street. "Your friend lives in a nice neighborhood,"

She smiles as she holds his paw and they soon arrive at her friend Vivian's house. "Well here we are darling" she says as she makes a rather cute Otter noise before knocking on the door "Vivian, love, it's Elera, a-and I've got someone with me!" she calls out

The moment the door is opened, Elera is bowled over by a trio of snow leopard cubs, "H-hey there you three, is your auntie at home?" she asks as the oldest nodes and rushes off, dragging an older but still young female snow leopard to the door "Elle, you made it darling, and is that.." she narrows her eyes then recognizes Amion from the photographs "You must be Amion Valentine, took your time finding my little kitten, come in you two, and you three little rascals, go find your auntie Sierra, she'll be delighted that Elera is here"

The little ones nod and run off, giggling, the two girls skip as they run off

Amion looks around as he enters smiling as the cubs ran to get Sierra he looks at Vivian. "That would be me, and I'm extremely fortunate that fate led me to this city ironically enough it was her singing that let me found her, on her birthday no less." Amion walked in following Elera's lead.

Vivian purrs "Fate indeed, we were worried she'd be too depressed to even come to her own party" she says as she sways her hips and swishes her soft, bushy tail "and her singing is quite beautiful, we could hear it in the wind as well, it's one of the reasons why the cubs pounced on her, though it's also just the fact they love their auntie Elera" she giggles

"I would imagine, Elera has always been good with kids as for me, I think some have something against me but that is besides the point." Amion continued to look around seeing a decent sized living room that lead to the kitchen/dining room. "Nice place so you and I presume Sierra is your sister correct?"

Vivian giggles "Not quite. we're close but not sisters, she's my girlfriend" she says with a loud rumbling purr "We'd known each other since we were kittens, much like how you and Elera had known each other since you were cub and kit" she giggles "Elera simply adores the cubs, they're my nieces and nephew, my older sister and brother in law asked me to babysit them and seeing as it's Elera's birthday, then we thought it'd be a nice surprise"

"Oh I see, well still the your sister has some adorable cubs and I am expecting some sort of grilling from your girlfriend according to Elera unless there are more of her friends coming over. So the day promises to be quite interesting." Amion said with a smile as they waited for Sierra.

Vivian purrs "Sierra? Nah, she's a big softie, I'd be careful though, both Elera and myself have caught her absent mindedly snuggling and/or brushing our tails from time to time" she giggles and playfully paws at Amion's tail "So..you were in the military huh? Was it exciting? My young brother joined a few years ago and he's loving it"

Amion scratched behind his head as he thought about the question. "The military is certainly very exciting and I personally do not regret going. Though once you go into combat and to a lesser degree after training, you come out changed for better or for worse. Once your brother comes back just be there for him."

Vivian nods "I will be, after all, family is meant to be there for each other in trying time, through thick and thin" she says with a purr and a soft skip to her step. she smiles as she sees that the cubs had once again pounced Elera, but this time involved Sierra. She chuckles "Now that's a wonderful sight if I've ever seen one" she says and purrs, running up to them and joining the snuggle pile.

Amion jumped back instinctively keeping a hand over his combat knife as he looked around. When he realized it was just the Cubs and a woman he presumed to be Sierra, tackle hugging Elera he relaxed a smile dressing his face and slowly escalated into a laugh. "Well it seems Elera has fallen to a case of energetic children."