Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What generation one movies should I watch?

Tilgoreth

Escape from Nightmare Tower is one I would recommend. It introduced us to the original incarnation of Lord Tirek and was also the first animated special My Little Pony ever had.

• Brohoof 1

Escape from Nightmare Tower is one I would recommend. It introduced us to the original incarnation of Lord Tirek and was also the first animated special My Little Pony ever had.

Yeah I've heard that one was supposed to be really good. It will also be cool to see how original Tirek was compared to FiM. Thanks for recommending that.

There are two specials for G1 that came before the show itself. Those are both good and I'd start with them.

There is also a G1 movie that was actually in theaters. Thats about it for G1 movies afaik.

• Brohoof 1

There are two specials for G1 that came before the show itself. Those are both good and I'd start with them.

There is also a G1 movie that was actually in theaters. Thats about it for G1 movies afaik.

Alright Thank you I'll go look in to those.

• 3 weeks later...

There's only one movie. My Little Pony the Movie. Watch that and see what the original Smooze is like, plus the villains Hydia, Reeka and Draggle are highly entertaining.

Episodes I'd recommend are

Somnambula

Revolt of Paradise Estate

Rescue at Midnight Castle-The first special

Return of Tambelon

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Bright Lights

Crunch the Rock Dog

Flight to Cloud Castle

Fugitive Flowers

The Glass Princess

Mish Mash Melee

The Magic Coins

Escape From Catrina-the second special

The Prince and the Ponies

Golden Horseshoes

Sweet Stuff and the Treasure Hunt

Avoid The End of Flutter Valley for a little while at least, because it drags the hell on for a whopping ten episodes.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 3

^thanks for those episodes recomendations!

i only watched Escape from Nightmare Tower and i liked it. Tirek is amazing and i did not expected some kinda dark tones in that cartoon like:

Midnightcastle2.jpg

also i love that spike so much. his voice is so funny

• Brohoof 1

^thanks for those episodes recomendations!

i only watched Escape from Nightmare Tower and i liked it. Tirek is amazing and i did not expected some kinda dark tones in that cartoon like:

sig-4802056.Midnightcastle2.jpg

also i love that spike so much. his voice is so funny

I've already watched that one. But thank you.
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Escape from Nightmare Tower is the only episode that I have been able to watch in its entirety. So far it is the only episode I like of the older generations, I have tried to watch the actual theatrical movie, but can only get about 10-15 minutes into it at a time before i realize I have other things to do.

Other than the current show it is the only other MLP episode I own.