Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Disconnect

The_Gobo

It's come to my attention that there seems to be a lot of people on here who like the idea of going to Eq' permanently.
Those that post in a manner that lends the idea that they think of nothing but MLP regardless of what they're doing.

So it's made me curious;
How do you disconnect?
How do you turn off the ponies in your head?
In what way does one detach from the fandom and find reality agreeable?
Where do you find your balance between Reality and Fiction?

• Brohoof 1

This is one large reason why I don't label myself for liking MLP. MLP is not the center of my world. Especially not FiM. Those topics like you mentioned have always perplexed me since I joined these forums, TBH.

Don't get me wrong, I'm plenty disconnected from reality. In far more self-destructive ways than Bronies. Generally, anyway.

• Brohoof 4

Living a relatively peaceful life makes experience quite agreeable.

Meditation might help in cleaning your mind up from any form of thought.

The world of mind is one with "reality" Inheritance from my ancestors. Difficult to explain to most people. One of the reasons why they are gone.

To divide the brain in two hemispheres caused many religions to appear, control's belief. A lack of understanding between "real" and "unreal" due to the adjustment into limited perception, for productive reasons. Tests, experimentation and resources.

Also, excessive logic might harm your well being. Allow the creative side of your brain to expand your perception upon reality, without relying on static concepts from conditioning beliefs, such as religions. Tools of estate for the most part.

To trust in "reality" that much, having undergone an adjustment that only allows you perceive such limited frame, is foolish.

• Brohoof 1

Also, excessive logic might harm your well being. Allow the creative side of your brain to expand your perception upon reality, without relying on static concepts from conditioning beliefs, such as religions. Tools of estate for the most part.

This is just beautiful! It's so hard to explain this without sounding... odd. But this is one of the funnest things for me, too! Something similar anyways

Edited by trademark2
  • Brohoof 1

I just try to have different stuff to do to keep myself from being obsessive about MLP.  I used to be a bit pushy with my love for MLP back when I first found out about it but now I just try to have different interests so I don't drive people nuts.  

• Brohoof 1

Living a relatively peaceful life makes experience quite agreeable.

Meditation might help in cleaning your mind up from any form of thought.

The world of mind is one with "reality" Inheritance from my ancestors. Difficult to explain to most people. One of the reasons why they are gone.

To divide the brain in two hemispheres caused many religions to appear, control's belief. A lack of understanding between "real" and "unreal" due to the adjustment into limited perception, for productive reasons. Tests, experimentation and resources.

To trust in "reality" that much, having undergone an adjustment that only allows you perceive such limited frame, is foolish.

Lot of flowery language to basically say 'religion close mind, keep open mind.'

Excessively blunt, I'll admit, but that wasn't my point in the slightest.

It was simply to point out that some people like to live the fantasy.

To the point that they completely disconnect from reality, and thus by definition become crazed.

The point in the OP was to ask how one finds a disconnect to prevent exactly that,

not expound upon the boundaries of one's own consciousness/mind.

^^;

Neat answers from everyone else though :D

@@The_Gobo,

Zombie Pony

who wouldn't want to be one?

Hmmm I wouldnt want to be a zombie :P! I hope you don't find me in the night. Do zombie ponies turn regular ponies into zombies?

Lot of flowery language to basically say 'religion close mind, keep open mind.'

Excessively blunt, I'll admit, but that wasn't my point in the slightest.

It was simply to point out that some people like to live the fantasy.

To the point that they completely disconnect from reality, and thus by definition become crazed.

The point in the OP was to ask how one finds a disconnect to prevent exactly that,

not expound upon the boundaries of one's own consciousness/mind.

^^;

Neat answers from everyone else though :D

I have to disagree, that was the best answer you got (by far)! Why can't equestria be real? I don't think you'll get much discussion from people though that actually think like this, because they assume you will just deny it and call them crazed and such. If you want to understand us, you'll have to enter our world! 

Edited by trademark2

MLP has not once nor will it ever be something that I'll become obsessed over. I have plenty of other interests that take up my free time hence why I'm the kind of person who doesn't complain about the hiatuses that exist between seasons. I won't deny that it has become part of my life but even I know when not to bring it up when it isn't necessary.

• Brohoof 1

I can't really say I've ever thought this way. Sure, it would be neat to be a pony living in Equestria, but it would be only that. Just neat. It's not like it's my only one hope and dream in life. By definition, Equestria is a fictional place, so it's something that would never happen. I've never bothered to give it all that much consideration.

The fandom isn't something that I'm all that involved with anymore, except from occasionally popping into discussions like this from time to time. Being a brony isn't something I place a lot of emphasis on; it's really just that I occasionally watch FiM and talk about it with friends. That's it. There's plenty of other things that I do and plenty of other things that I like--enough that I don't actually see myself as trying to escape from anything.

How do you disconnect?

How do you turn off the ponies in your head?

In what way does one detach from the fandom and find reality agreeable?

Where do you find your balance between Reality and Fiction?

Turn off the TV/Computer

They are not in my head. (Quiet Twilight, I'm trying to make a point here!) At least not anymore than any thing else I enjoy doing with my free time.

Varies... personally I don't live and breath pony... it is a lot of fun, don't get me wrong... but it is pretty easy to just turn it off and think about something else. For others, MLP is a much larger cornerstone in their life, and as such they gravitate towards it far more than many others. Also, many develop such a strong connection to some of the characters and such aversion to those in real life, that it turns into a situation where these characters are the only ones who truly "get" them.

I live reality every day and just find fantasy a fun diversion from it when I have the time to do so. Speculation is a lot of fun as well as "playing make believe" at times. I find a enjoy many of the make believe threads just because they are a nice way to unwind after listening to people bitch and complain all day and a much better alternative than some of the bitching and moaning threads I on occasion find here.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not really one to actively think about the pony community. I come here to talk with people, but I've since lost most of my interest in the show. It's not hard to simply move on.

• Brohoof 1

Never had this 'reality bending' issue in terms of the show. Mostly because I do have other interests as well and I try to keep a good balance, even though I do spend a bunch of time here. I try to take what this show teaches to heart, because they are things that anyone can learn from and remember, but I never really think of it as an 'alternate reality' of sorts.

• Brohoof 1

While I do enjoy the show, it really isn't something I'm obsessed with. I used to be a huge fan a couple of years back, but nowadays, I don't focus on it too often. I enjoy creating and looking at pony fanart, but my interest in the show is waning. I'm also less motivated to make analytical posts involving the show.

Therefore, it's pretty easy to "disconnect" from ponies as I go about my day.

Also, @The_Gobo, as this topic relates to the fandom, I moved it to Sugarcube Corner, where pony-related discussions that don't relate to specific aspects within FiM take place.  :) General Discussion is geared for discussions that aren't related to MLP. Thanks! ^^

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to continue on my previous point. One, I do have rampant fantasies, but realize that they are just that, fantasies. Second, I am a roleplayer, and have more than just one way to shut out the world around me. As far as MLP goes... if I could ponify and go into Equestria, I would. As this is a fictional and impossible scenario, however, I don't think about it too much. This willingness to travel, however, assuming it was real, is more out of a general unhappiness with the world around me than anything else. A bright, pastel colored world where I could attempt to set myself up and make a new life, hopefully a happier one (if I could enter the world as what will eventually be my OC/Ponysona, I'd end up as a unicorn specializing in ice elemental magic... and I'd open up a shop that alternates between selling ice cream and snow cones during the warm months and hot chocolate, hot tea, and warm soups during the cold months). 

I'm not dissatisfied with the world I live in. I'd just gladly trade it for something that, in my subjective view, would be more interesting, fun, and perhaps fulfilling.

• Brohoof 1

MLP doesn't belong in everything I do and it will never be. Reality hits hard, life goes on and MLP can only do so much until you realized that not everything is rainbow and cupcakes. This is when I don't acknowledge MLP, this is how I disconnect.