Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Super Smash Bros. Thread

Fear Moonscar

(edited)

I just remembered this thread thanks to an epic conversation I had yesterday with a friend.

Yo Moonscar, we should have a few games whenever and if you see this!

Brawl FC: 3996-0860-9927

Edited by Kirbyzoid

• 1 month later...

I'm going to kick everyone's ass! :angry:

And if you don't think I can use those characters.... your in for a surprise! :angry:

lol roflmao

you are funny

but lets see how well you can handle me

Drago

0604-7164-0790

i will gladly fight any and all challengers

lol roflmao

you are funny

but lets see how well you can handle me

Drago

0604-7164-0790

i will gladly fight any and all challengers

I wish I could, but I don't play videogames anymore. :/ If so, rarely, and I would love to play you though.

I wish I could, but I don't play videogames anymore. :/ If so, rarely, and I would love to play you though.

just pm me when ready to fight

i will always have time tor a brawl

(i hate this 100 letter post thing)

I never saw this thread!!! :blink: don't let it die!!!

I think this would be a lag madness, but i'm just curious, who is up to playing it right now?

can battle right now, be warned, i mastered the sonic gameplay style, i shall not loose to any noobs in the area
  • Brohoof 1

can battle right now, be warned, i mastered the sonic gameplay style, i shall not loose to any noobs in the area

hell yes!!!

I love sonic! :D

...but how would you do with lag?, this game is horrible in online gameplay

hell yes!!!

I love sonic! :D

...but how would you do with lag?, this game is horrible in online gameplay

i have good connection

ill host the battle

just join it when ready, all are welcome to join

Drago

0604-7164-0790

......i think i need your fc as well

Edited by Staticthor Draconus

• 7 months later...

I feel like a dingus for necroposting, but I figured this'd be better than starting a new thread.

'Just wondering if anyone would be up for some 'Brawl with a Skype call (rhyming intentional :P) either tonight or tomorrow night.

• Brohoof 1

Oh SSB Brawl, man the Super Smash Bros series was always a favorite of mine, I remember I used to have a Gamecube with Melee one it, and I was excited when Brawl came out. Can't wait for the next SSB to come out.

Can't wait for the next SSB to come out.

I'm feeling ya, I didn't get a Wii-U though.

But since it will also be avaible on the 3DS, I'll be more then satisfied.

What about everyone else? Wii-U or 3DS? .. maybe both?

That's definitely on my amazon wishlist and I'm getting it next month. I'll exchange friend codes with you when it comes. 

Though, you'll probably win most of the time, since I haven't even touched a copy of the game yet. :C

I love this game! I still have it and regularly play it with friends that come round.

One day, I will learn to be really good with all the characters. Right now I'm rocking Falco, Wario, Pikachu, Ike and King Dedede (yeah, that giant penguin can actually fight really well).

By the way, guys, get good with Olimar. The guy I play Brawl with the most, he uses him as his main character and he is unbelievably annoying tongue.png

Edited by Flipturn ツ

I love this game! I still have it and regularly play it with friends that come round.

One day, I will learn to be really good with all the characters. Right now I'm rocking Falco, Wario, Pikachu, Ike and King Dedede (yeah, that giant penguin can actually fight really well).

By the way, guys, get good with Olimar. The guy I play Brawl with the most, he uses him as his main character and he is unbelievably annoying img-1317638-1-tongue.png

No offense but anyone can rock Ike. He's like the most OP characterin the game. I rock Toon Link, Diddy Kong, and Meta Knight. What what!

No offense but anyone can rock Ike. He's like the most OP characterin the game. I rock Toon Link, Diddy Kong, and Meta Knight. What what!

Ike hits hard, but he's got minimal horizontal recovery and momentum cancelling. He's poor on invincibility frames and his counter has a bigger delay than Lucario's or Marth's. To play him effectively, you need to swing before your character's within your range, and target his meteors carefully. It takes precision. So yeah, no, not anyone can rock Ike.

On the other hand, Meta Knight is so quick, agile and nimble that all of his match-ups are advantageous. I'd say that anyone can rock him.

• Brohoof 1

Ike hits hard, but he's got minimal horizontal recovery and momentum cancelling. He's poor on invincibility frames and his counter has a bigger delay than Lucario's or Marth's. To play him effectively, you need to swing before your character's within your range, and target his meteors carefully. It takes precision. So yeah, no, not anyone can rock Ike.

On the other hand, Meta Knight is so quick, agile and nimble that all of his match-ups are advantageous. I'd say that anyone can rock him.

I use both, typically. Sometimes Sonic, because he's so quick, but he hits so soft in the game that it's just a turnoff. Other than Ike and Meta Knight, I play as Donkey Kong.

Edited by New Moon

I play Brawl all the time with my cousins. I never play online because the experience has always been horrible. Takes a long time to find games, then lags like there's no tomorrow. I only ever play as Ike. No one rocks Ike like I do. It's very hard to knock me out. I always come back, unless I do something stupid. I also agree with Flipturn on Ike. I should know since he's the only character I ever play.

To give an example of some of the stupid I do: I tend to always blow myself up. If there's an explosive box/barrel on screen, I'm more than likely to hit it.

I actually used to play competitively with Brawl online. But I stopped and got rusty. 

I mained Toon Link, Lucas, and Yoshi all the time.

Just got the game around a month ago. I'm extremely late to the game (literally), but I love it! I used Kirby from the start, and now he's the only character I can use. xD

It would be cool to play some multiplayer, but I don't really know how to do that as of yet. :P

Just got the game around a month ago. I'm extremely late to the game (literally), but I love it! I used Kirby from the start, and now he's the only character I can use. xD

It would be cool to play some multiplayer, but I don't really know how to do that as of yet. tongue.png

If you have multiple people,  you can have a multiplayer brawl without wasting your time on CPUs. Or, if you go online, there's an option called "Basic Brawl" where it pairs you with 3 random people online.

Falco's the character I use the most, though I do use the ones above; the thing I love about Falco is that he has a bit of everything, and those "bits" can become extreme if you master them. His projectile (laser) is consistent and has knockback, and you can do a little hop and shoot three bullets to shut down an opponent's land approach. I love to use a combination of those three bullets, and then a Side-B to cut into them.

Falco also has a chain grab. When you're up against heavier characters, that thing is your greatest friend. If you get a flat stage (though it works on places like Corneria), that chain grab can take your opponent from 0 to 80%, easy peasy. If the stage ends in a drop, then you can meteor them - another forte of Falco's, he has an incredible meteor.

He also has the highest initial jump in the game. Great aerial capability to go with it. The two work like bread and butter.

I could say more, but yeah. That's some of the reasons I love to use Falco :D