gaming Super Smash Bros. Thread

Fear Moonscar

Oh, the friend codes? If you go to "friends", it will show a friend list on there. Go to where it shows you, and it'll have a code that you can exchange with other people, ergo, "friend code". 

• 2 weeks later...

I find snake the best character to play as in ssbb. I'm good with power characters, and his tech makes him even better than the usual power characters. Plus the conversations with Otocon and the Colonel on Shadow Moses Island stage are hilarious!

It's been forever since I even touched brawl but I used to play it quite often during the first year it came out. The only time I play brawl these days, is when my college holds a game night. 

My favorite characters are Bowser, Jigglypuff and Luigi. 

Bowser's one of, if not the worst character in the game but he's just fun to use for some reason. Plus, using koopa klaw to suicide with your opponent while you are a life up and finishing the match, is hilarious laugh.png.

Jiggs is just fun to use because of how mobile she is in the air and because rest is a nice finisher that's not too hard to land. 

Luigi... I just like Luigi.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!

So a new game for the Super Smash Bros. series has been confirmed. Me being a big fan of Nintendo I decided to look up a few things, make a few lists and do some research. I have decided to create this thread to unite Nintendo and SSB fans from all over the forums to discuss and share opinions and lists.

I have a list of the top 10 that I am making at the moment. I will be posting it soon.

• Brohoof 1

Ah, I remember when the original came out.  Good times, good times.  I remember once I was at a friends house for 48hrs to play that on the 64...

But a new one? I just hope they don't ruin it like they did with brawl.  

Melee was good, and the tournaments were intense.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Dear Nintendo,

If you do not put Midna in the next game, I will write a strongly worded letter to you concerning your choice, or more accurately lack of choice, of her.

-Blue Moon

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 3

Dang, I'm looking forward to it. I've been a fan of the SSB series for as long as I can remember, so it's always exciting when a new one is on the way. I like SSBM the most, since it has a more competitive feel to it.

I'm really excited about it. I guess that means I'll have to get a wii u then. as long as they don't mess around with game-and-watch too much, I'm good. I wonder what new fighters, if any, they'll add

Top 8 Characters I want in SSB 4

8) Little Mac.... Most of his moves might involve punching and recovery moves. I just wasn't happy as him just as an assist.

7) Crono. Not only is it one of my favorites I think his character would be very well suited for the game.

6) X (Megaman). So much potential. When he goes into battle you could use Down B to switch powers. The original 8. Another theory is that he has 9 skins and depending on which skin it would change your power.

5) Bomberman. Most of his moves could consist of bombs and other things. Not only that but he also suits the game so well.

Posting rest of list soon.

• Brohoof 2

Even though I already decided not to buy a Wii U unless Nintendo create an upgrade like they do with the DS's, (extending the controller's battery life, mainly) it's such a shame to know that means I won't be able to play the new Smash Bros. They announced it's also going to be released for the 3DS, but that will be more of the "creative" version, and at this point, I don't see any point unless you have both versions.

I might make a personal list of the top 10 characters I want to see later on.

The super smash bros franchise is by far my favorite games of all times, and no matter how many years passes, this franchise will be my favorite till the day I die.

I seriously cannot express how much I loved all of the games, and how seriously I take each match when I play. It's super fun.

Now, me being a huge fan, I'm super excited about it and I'll definitelly gonna pick up the 3DS version, I just hope the controls are alright. As for characters wishlist, I'm not to fond of the nintendo world, so I can't give many names, but I would like to see

Daisy (completely different from Peach of course)

Birdo

Waluigi

Krystal

*shrugs* dunno who else, I'm happy with any addition, but please don't kick out any character. And bring back Mewtwo. I just really care for 1 character though, keep that character as cool as it has always been and I'm happy. Can't wait for this new smash :)

• Brohoof 1

SSBB?? THAT GAME WAS A MAJOR PART OF MY CHILDHOOD!derpy_emoticon1.png

I loved that game when I first saw it on a magazine back  when I was 8 years old.......

And I wanted and needed that game because it features my favorite characters back then fighting each other...

• Brohoof 1

4) Banjo and Kazooie because they obviously work so well together and fit the brawl standards.

3) Krystal because she could have a different moveset than fox, falco, and wolf yet still have 4 characters for the starfox franchise.

2)Toon Zelda is like a smaller clone of Zelda, of course, but rather than transforming into a toon shiek she transforms into Tetra from wind waker and phantom hourglass. Tetra would be similar to shiek but with differences. Needles could be replaced by a mouse bomb (from phantom hourglass) and the chain would obviously switch out to a grappling hook.

1) Shadow the hedgehog. I thought he was cool as an assists trophy but he had way more moves than that. He has his Gn, Chaos spear, Kicks, Chaos control, and a motorbike! Just take moves from existing movesets and bam! You got a new character! I'm shadows biggest fan by the way....... That's why he is number 1 for me.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Me and Roaring have been playing the SSB series since the first one was released.

I remember playing Mario and Pikachu mostly in the first game. When the second one came out, i was instantly hooked with Mewtwo and Peach (I totally hated it that they didn't include Mewtwo in the third one). As for Brawl, i mainly play Lucario, Meta-Knight, the new Mario, Peach and Snake (didn't like Sonic, i think his gameplay wasn't that great)

So, what Characters would Roaring and I like to see? Well we would certainly consider :

Lyndis (If they had Marth, Ike AND Roy, why not have her as well)

Krystal (Falco, Wolf, Fox...i see the same problem just as above)

Mega Man (It would work out so well, all his B Specials would be skillz taken from Robot masters.)

Blaziken/Zoroark/Darkrai/Gardevoir/Gallade (They all would kick ass in a SSB game)

Sora (KH, they did have KH games on the DS, so i don't see why not)

Midna+Wolf Link (MAKE.THIS.HAPPEN)

Vaati or Veran (Ganondorf is boring and his brawl adaption sucks. Have Vaati or Veran, if you want to have a Zelda Villain.)

Phoenix Wright (It would be kinda interesting to see what HAL Lab would make of an attorney such as him)

and a few more i won't list here now, but u get the gist of it.

Edited by coolwar13@yahoo.de
  • Brohoof 1

Toon Link is the best character in Brawl in my mind.

Dair Spike + Uair on the bounce = best two hit combo at high percentages in Brawl.

Toon Link has great horizontal viability (both to shut down approaches, like his arrow and boomerang, and recovery) but if you miss his meteor you're extremely exposed to a smash. Plus, you need quick reactions if you miss when you try and meteor them over an edge, so that you don't meteor yourself into a KO.

Me personally, I nowadays rock Game & Watch, though I still switch to my old friend Falco now and again. I'm also partial to a good game with Ike, Pikachu and Wario. (Both G&W and Wario are vastly underrated!)

Toon Link has great horizontal viability (both to shut down approaches, like his arrow and boomerang, and recovery) but if you miss his meteor you're extremely exposed to a smash. Plus, you need quick reactions if you miss when you try and meteor them over an edge, so that you don't meteor yourself into a KO.

Me personally, I nowadays rock Game & Watch, though I still switch to my old friend Falco now and again. I'm also partial to a good game with Ike, Pikachu and Wario. (Both G&W and Wario are vastly underrated!)

Game and watch sure is pretty dangerous. His F-smash & D-smash are savage and his Side B is pretty annoying. His Up B makes him pretty much un-edgeguardable.

Game and watch sure is pretty dangerous. His F-smash & D-smash are savage and his Side B is pretty annoying. His Up B makes him pretty much un-edgeguardable.

Speaking of edge-guarding, his D-tilt is endlessly effective for edge-guarding. Always smacks them the moment they try to get up; it's even stopped Side-B recoveries from Falco and Fox. I also love his disjointed hitboxes, you can turn his F-aerial into a meteor if you do it right. Took me ages to learn it, but I love it to pieces.

My friends always fume about his F-smash. Enrages them so :D His D-smash isn't that strong, though, it only provides game in the fact that it simultaneously hits both sides, instead of each side one at a time or simply one side (I'm looking at you Lucas!)

Another thing I love about Game & Watch (well, everyone does when playing him) is his Oil Panic cancelling. Stops you dead in the air even at percentages as high as 200%. Saved my bacon in so many situations, and brought despair to my opponents n.n

• Brohoof 1

4) Banjo and Kazooie because they obviously work so well together and fit the brawl standards.

3) Krystal because she could have a different moveset than fox, falco, and wolf yet still have 4 characters for the starfox franchise.

2)Toon Zelda is like a smaller clone of Zelda, of course, but rather than transforming into a toon shiek she transforms into Tetra from wind waker and phantom hourglass. Tetra would be similar to shiek but with differences. Needles could be replaced by a mouse bomb (from phantom hourglass) and the chain would obviously switch out to a grappling hook.

1) Shadow the hedgehog. I thought he was cool as an assists trophy but he had way more moves than that. He has his Gn, Chaos spear, Kicks, Chaos control, and a motorbike! Just take moves from existing movesets and bam! You got a new character! I'm shadows biggest fan by the way....... That's why he is number 1 for me.

I was thinking along the same lines (not in order for me though)... well, except for Shadow. I'd prefer to have Knuckles. The fist fighting focus just sounds cooler to me. He's got power, can glide and he's a rival to Sonic. I wouldn't mind them both getting in but if it had to be one or the other...

The one thing I hate about sudden death is that a lot of players are chickens and either hide somewhere on hide on an edge. They should add more things to sudden death like adding brutal alloys.