Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you live in a town or a big city?

zerox

I live in one of the unincorporated towns that is part of a fairly large town's "greater metropolitan area".  The town itself (Chambersburg) has just over 20,000 people living in it, which is just below the usual cut-off for being considered a small city (like nearby Hagerstown, which is a City, but only has about 10,000 more people living in the city limits & isn't much larger, geographically speaking).  Chambersburg + the six or so surrounding unincorporated communities have about 52,000 people living in them.

I personally like where I live, because I have a decent-sized yard around my house for my experimental gardening, and I'm about 5 min from 3 interchanges with I-81, meaning I can be in Gettysburg, York, Hagerstown, Harrisburg or Frederick within an hour, and I can get to DC, Annapolis, Hanover & Baltimore in 2 hours or less.  This means that I can enjoy the small-ish town life while being within reasonable driving distance of big-city shopping & services (love Arundel Mills:  They have practically EVERYTHING there).

• 2 weeks later...

I live in a small-ish city called Renton, they have all the major stores within a mile's ride.

I live on the edge of town. There is basically nothing for miles and miles to the left of my house, and a somewhat medium-sized town to the right.

Far out in the rural areas where the real ponys grase. We even need our own satellite connection to get Internet !

I love it and don´t want anything else. Unicorns need calm and quiet places to live in.

On 9/28/2017 at 4:43 AM, Twilight Kyle said:

I live in a small-ish city called Renton, they have all the major stores within a mile's ride.

Renton, VA? That's a pretty big DC suburb, if it's the Renton I'm thinking of.

Anyways, here's a picture of downtown Carmel, Indiana on a busy day (where I live):

ShowImage?id=2753&t=636336632051470000

• 1 year later...

I live in a city with a population of about 80,000, but about 5 minutes from a little rural town of about 2,000. So I guess you could say I live on the outskirts of the two. :-P

• 1 month later...

I live in a decently sized country town. I've been living here since the day I was born, so I pretty much know the whole area off by heart.

• 1 year later...

At the moment, I'm living in a newly developed area bordering farmland about an hour's drive from the city. I'm close to work and we get great internet speeds here!

Technically I live in a city of about 95k people, but I'm way on the outskirts in a fairly loosely-packed neighborhood of mostly old people, so it doesn't feel that way (especially considering our acre of land is almost completely covered in trees). The town I feel like I live in has 25k people. That town's border is one hill over from mine and it's where I went to school and grew up, so that feels more like home than the city I live in.

• 2 years later...

Medium-sized city.

Though most ask what exactly makes for a city? A few smaller sized cities around here are called cities but they don't have that "urban" feeling to it. Ya know? Public transit, towering skyscrapers, large highways cutting through, arguably "splitting" the town up, many will say.

• Brohoof 1