Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sentry debate

AlolanVulpixMc

(edited)

As someone who somewhat likes him, I have to say that as a character and love interest he wasn't really handled all that well, as he didn't have much interaction and chemistry with Twilight or even the rest of the cast, for that matter,  and has had more and more reduced screentime in each film, basically making him pointless to the series at times.

That and people just not wanting Twilight or any of the mane 6 to have love interests in general are pretty much the reason why people don't like him.

Although, if you ask me, the amount of hatred and criticism he has received over the years has gotten a bit overboard, seeing people write gigantic paragraphs, ranting about how he is like the worst character in the history of forever, or foam at the mouth over his entire existence and act like he killed their dogs is a bit tiring.  And I am pretty sure that at this point in time there is no new criticisms that you could possibly have over his character, seeing how pretty much every single one has already been repeated ad nauseam.

Edited by cmarston1

I don't know anything about his circumstances with the yellow-blooming industrial plant. Perhaps Flash should consider using a different fertilizer or pest countermeasures if his crops have a bad yield. But I do commend him for investing into rapeseed. If you've been keeping a watchful eye on the Equestrian industrial expansion, going all-in with the rapeseed monoculture is a way better decision than growing apples.

Anyhow, Flash hate ended years ago. H-Bro fixed him aka: they pushed him into the background where he belongs. He was bland, boring, and predictable while being annoyingly important to Twilight. Now he's just bland, boring, and predictable, and that's just fine.

I do not dislke him, but I do dislike how he is used in the movie. He never does anything relevant to the story (except maybe in the first movie), and the time he takes away could have been used for more important things. Not to mention that he has hardly any personality and is not very interesting because of it.

• Brohoof 1