Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Is there actually people that love the Twilight Sparkle and Flash Sentry pairing?

AlicornSpell

I hate the Twilight Sparkle and Flash Sentry pairing (which is named FlashLight), since Flash Sentry is a boring character. I honestly don't see how anyone can like the pairing. I actually love the fact that Twilight Sparkle and Flash Sentry will never become a couple, since the human Twilight Sparkle doesn't show any romantic interest in the human Flash Sentry, and the pony Twilight Sparkle pretty much forgotten about both the human and pony Flash Sentry 

On 3/16/2019 at 6:08 PM, Sunlight Glisten said:

I kinda like it. But only with pony princess twilight and human flash. No other versions are acceptable. 

FUCK YEAH :mlp_yay:

All thanks to the waifu thief memes :fluttershy:

I find it weird that the little fact a pony CAN have a crush in a human being canon gets ignored tho :dash:

Edited by Steve Piranha

Personally, I ship her with Princess Celestia. It would be cute to see Twilight develop feelings for the handsome young guard though. I really don't get all the Flash-Hate going around.

"Rarity, what do I do?"

"Darling, wait until Spike delivers his third scroll.  A Princess mustn't appear too eager!"

"But what if he doesn't?"

"Twilight, I have seen how that handsome stallion looks at you. My dear, you have him hooked. He'll write you again. I guarantee it!"

Sweet Celestia! Rarity, what do I do if he DOES!"

Back via edit. I kind of like that. Maybe I'll write a quick story.

"Twilight's First Date"

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

I don't hate Flash but If Flash had been written better and given actual character, then I would be fine with it. But he was written as an annoying goody-good with a crush on Twilight. Flash was given more character in the Camp Everfree movie.

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

I find it weird that the little fact a pony CAN have a crush in a human being canon gets ignored tho :dash:

I chalk it up to her becoming a teenager in high school specifically and being slammed with a flood of hormones, on top of being removed from her day to day duties and esteemed position back in Equestria.

Twilight can find love, just make it reasonable.

1 hour ago, Twilight Luna said:

I don't hate Flash but If Flash had been written better and given actual character, then I would be fine with it. But he was written as an annoying goody-good with a crush on Twilight.

That might be a part of the appeal actually. He's practical an Anon from a too-quickly-written fanfic.

Oddly enough I only just stumbled on this a couple of days ago and when I really thought about it... wow. There's certainly a very critical element to the pairing that resounds pretty loudly across the fandom. I mean... comeon.

A good percentage of fans can relate to this.... A LOT. On that level, the two characters hardly matter.  https://derpibooru.org/774939

image.thumb.png.f6f01c3c8149009311df3fb410a1199d.png

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, SharpWit said:

I chalk it up to her becoming a teenager in high school specifically and being slammed with a flood of hormones, on top of being removed from her day to day duties and esteemed position back in Equestria.

Twilight can find love, just make it reasonable.

It’s a dream come true for Bronies who wanna marry a horse tho :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty impartial to the pairing in general, though I can agree that it wasn't written very well. I'm glad The Legend of Everfree managed to give Flash more character, instead of leaving him with little personality.

• Brohoof 2

It's not been touched on in the official canon for quite some time ever since Flash Sentry accepted the fact that Princess Twilight could never be his. That moment where he came to terms with the fact that it wasn't meant to be was quite the character development for him. After that though, he's become pushed to the side as a background character with the rare occasion where he gets to do something. At first, I wasn't particularly thrilled about this pairing, but then it grew on me over time despite it being forced upon them as a means of trying to instill a romantic twist.

5 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

It's not been touched on in the official canon for quite some time ever since Flash Sentry accepted the fact that Princess Twilight could never be his. That moment where he came to terms with the fact that it wasn't meant to be was quite the character development for him. After that though, he's become pushed to the side as a background character with the rare occasion where he gets to do something. At first, I wasn't particularly thrilled about this pairing, but then it grew on me over time despite it being forced upon them as a means of trying to instill a romantic twist.

I think there’s a book where he’s more involved and it may be getting an adaptation :huh:

I read a few fanfics that did something with CHS Flash Sentry. My favorite was when Flash came out as gay to 4 of his best guy friends, after Rarity gave some advice. And each of his friends reacted differently, from angry to accepting.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I think there’s a book where he’s more involved and it may be getting an adaptation :huh:

If that's the case then I'm curious as to how it will work out.

3 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

They could've done a lot with that, sadly. How did that change him? The experience of finding "the one" and never being able to be together? That would have been a lot of fun to explore. A bit of Don Quixote. Becoming a fighter for the freedom of others who are in similar circumstances but less "extreme" examples. I mean, we have our own equivalents of "love between a human and a horse is forbidden" in our own society; things that are condemned and don't need to be. It could've been cool for him to go into that realm of, "I'm not going to let this happen to anyone else."

10 minutes ago, BornAgainBrony said:

That would have been a lot of fun to explore. A bit of Don Quixote. Becoming a fighter for the freedom of others who are in similar circumstances but less "extreme" examples. I mean, we have our own equivalents of "love between a human and a horse is forbidden" in our own society; things that are condemned and don't need to be. It could've been cool for him to go into that realm of, "I'm not going to let this happen to anyone else."

I'd argue it was for the better that the writers didn't explore that. Mostly because Twilight was never "the one" to Flash. It was a simple high school crush based on little more than first impressions. And while some people might have a hard time getting over such crushes, they very rarely become freedom fighters as a result. 

• Brohoof 1

51 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

I'd argue it was for the better that the writers didn't explore that. Mostly because Twilight was never "the one" to Flash. It was a simple high school crush based on little more than first impressions. And while some people might have a hard time getting over such crushes, they very rarely become freedom fighters as a result. 

I think it's a little different when there isn't a dimensional portal involved and, "EVERYONE goes through that phase." It gets even more complicated when the alternate Pony of him takes a liking to her, which brings it more on the level of soulmates.

I mean... sure. You can get over not being with someone. But what if in parallel dimension, your counter part was also into the same creature. Or Heaven forbid, they were actually involved. Would that still be "just a phase" to get over?

Just now, BornAgainBrony said:

I think it's a little different when there isn't a dimensional portal involved and, "EVERYONE goes through that phase."

Had it been a genuine love between them then maybe I'd agree with you, but as previously mentioned it was just a simple crush that wasn't really based on anything other than first impressions. 

4 minutes ago, BornAgainBrony said:

It gets even more complicated when the alternate Pony of him takes a liking to her, which brings it more on the level of soulmates.

I don't think it does. They're supposed to be the same person with the exception that one is a pony and the other a human, so it's only natural they'd have the same crushes and the like. 

8 minutes ago, BornAgainBrony said:

I mean... sure. You can get over not being with someone. But what if in parallel dimension, your counter part was also into the same creature. Or Heaven forbid, they were actually involved. Would that still be "just a phase" to get over?

Why wouldn't it be? I don't think it's any different than getting over the fact that your crush is a relationship with someone else. 

• Brohoof 1