Discordant Harmony  

111 users have voted

1. 1. How was the episode?

• Terrible
    • Bad
    • Okay
    • Good
    • Amazing

I like that this is mostly successful in making Discord nice for once without making him any less silly or weird. It's a bummer that he went back to being a jerk after this season. That said, I do think he's still a little tactless in dealing with the shop ponies; does he really need to berate them for not having crazy chaotic things? But the visual comedy is on point from start to finish - as I said, it's proof that a Discord episode can be every bit as funny without him being a jerk. For once, I understand why anyone would want to be friends with him. And Fluttershy being chaotic is adorable, because she's still so polite about it. "Flutter Brutter" was an important turning point for her, and this is one of the few episodes to match that balance of having her be gentle without being timid. The romantic undertones of the ending still gross me out, but this is the one case where I don't think that's reasonable - if Discord had acted like this for the rest of the show, him hooking up with Fluttershy at the end wouldn't have been a problem. It does bum me out that he doesn't interact with the rest of the mane six more often, and is often faintly condescending when he does; his polite interaction with Pinkie Pie here makes me wonder what it would be like if his friendships with them were more like that he has with Fluttershy. Lots of wasted potential with that character. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I really enjoyed this episode. Whoever likes Discord Chaos will like this one. Sweet and hilarious episode with some more insight in Discord.  It was very sweet of him to make Fluttershy feel home at his place at the same time it was so adorable as Fluttershy turned chaotic to safe him.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

This one definitely gets to me. A true friend accepts you for who you are and you don't have to make yourself out to be someone you aren't just to maintain a friendship. A powerful lesson. And very hilarious, as well.

I recently rewatched this episode with some good friends. We enjoyed this episode and had lots of fun with it :>

My opinion hasn't changed since my last post. Really episode and show how much both them care for each other

I also couldn't help to adapt a very well known meme. There's a lot of potential in this episodes to make memes from .. as it as expected when Discord is around.

ThisIsFine.png