Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Starlight hate's spread to EQG

heavens-champion

(edited)

I've seen the trailer for Mirror Magic, and it seems like Sunset will be trapped in the mirror, too, leaving Starlight to save the day. Already, people are starting to complain about it. Anyone think the Glimmer-Hate's starting to get real old real fast at this point?

It's almost as bad as people saying Twilight should be replaced as the main character.

Edited by heavens-champion
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

People started complaining as soon as the synopsis came out and mentioned Starlight. I'm sick of the Glimmer-hate too, and annoyed that it's still going strong almost a season and a half after her redemption. And I'm not going to name any names, but it's usually the same people around here who trash an episode just for including her in any fashion. I'm just trying to be optimistic about the new direction the show has taken since the end of Season 5. I see great potential in Starlight. I want to see Hasbro flesh out her character and continue to make her fun to watch.

Well, fun for some fans, I guess...

mlfw4541-fluttersigh.gif

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 5

i think im more tired of ponies posting hate like they know everything that will happen in the future episodes with starlight. just because they dislike her (not pointing fingers... :wat: )

• Brohoof 3

I used to hate Starlight for a very long time, it was actually only a couple of week ago I started to not hate her, not like her but not hate her either. So if there's anyone out there who still hates glimmer...I mean....it's hard to wrap your head around however I do still see a reason why people would still hate her...

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)
10 minutes ago, A.V. said:

Not sure if sarcastic or serious.

Yup I was serious

Spoiler

I personally loved seeing her being buddy buddy with Sunset, but that's just me

Edited by The Undefeated of the East
  • Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, The Undefeated of the East said:

Yup I was serious

Hide contents

I personally loved seeing being buddy buddy, but that's just me

Yeah, whenever she interacted with Sunset was definitely the highlight.

• Brohoof 1

38 minutes ago, The Undefeated of the East said:

Yup I was serious

Hide contents

I personally loved seeing her being buddy buddy with Sunset, but that's just me

The third special was the worst of the three, but that's due for villain badly executed. Hell, I didn't even think that there would be a worse villain than Sunny

:eww: . Still, Sunny + Starlight was the highest point of the short, and the whole series of short, but dat villain :dry:  

• Brohoof 2

If MLP has a future (with the current style of the shows Generation) Glim-glam and Shim-sham are the future. I see ZERO REASON TO HATE ON Glimmy.

Don't get me wrong, Gen-4 has rocked the WORLD. The Mane-6 (Rarity!) have changed my adult life. But I am not foolish enough to say "Well with the movie coming out later this year, lets wrap up the show and put it away in the attic." I want more MLP, 1, 5, 10 years from now. I have been a "Brony" since 1989 (yes even in gen-3.5) I won't fade away with some of the fans and I will NOT spit on the future that we see in Glims.

What I am trying to say...I like her. Alot. DHX is making the right steps towards the future with her and Sunset, they get a hoofs up from me.

...but no one replaces Rarity and Aria...."foooooooooooorever!" :glares at Pinkie:

(edited)
19 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Reveal hidden contents

The third special was the worst of the three, but that's due for villain badly executed. Hell, I didn't even think that there would be a worse villain than Sunny

:eww: . Still, Sunny + Starlight was the highest point of the short, and the whole series of short, but dat villain :dry:  

Juniper made Demon Shimmer look decent -- at least she had an epic design, actually used some magic, posed a significant threat to the HuMane 6 (before they discovered their Wi-Fi versions of the Elements), etc.

Novelization-wise, however, Juniper went from s***... to just okay -- so at least there's that.

Edited by A.V.

(edited)

*inspired* I am going to make a Starlight Glimmer Twilight Sparkle Woody Buzzlightyear shitpost youtube vid. Need to look up how to sony vegas properly again. Also downloading the mlg voice thing. I have too much stuff to do tho.

Edited by CuriUndersXeno

(edited)
1 hour ago, A.V. said:

Hide contents

Juniper made Demon Shimmer look decent -- at least she had an epic design, actually used some magic, posed a significant threat to the HuMane 6 (before they discovered their Wi-Fi versions of the Elements), etc.

Novelization-wise, however, Juniper went from s***... to just okay -- so at least there's that.

Damn yeah, I'm considering to buy the novelization to see if there's a saving grace to Juniper. I think she was wrecked as a character but that's due to meta factors. I think I'll buy a copy after the english Netflix releases

Edited by Steve Piranha

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2017 at 2:49 AM, Prospekt said:

People started complaining as soon as the synopsis came out and mentioned Starlight. I'm sick of the Glimmer-hate too, and annoyed that it's still going strong almost a season and a half after her redemption. And I'm not going to name any names, but it's usually the same people around here who trash an episode just for including her in any fashion. I'm just trying to be optimistic about the new direction the show has taken since the end of Season 5. I see great potential in Starlight. I want to see Hasbro flesh out her character and continue to make her fun to watch.

Well, fun for some fans, I guess...

mlfw4541-fluttersigh.gif

And by some, I immediately think Lilly Peet. EVERY TIME Starlight shows up in an episode, she gives the "Characters" grade a bad grade JUST BECAUSE Starlight's in it. I just wanna throw her into the Sarlacc pit just for pulling such nonsense! I don't even think Glim-Glam's a bad character!

I dont hate Starlight. I don't like her EQG design but eh, most ponies in that disign don't look amazing, unless they were designed based off of noponies. (Sunset, Sci-twi gloriousa etc.) Starlight needs more character development, but as long as she doesn't become an alicorn, I'm content with ignoring her. I mean, the most we know about Starlight up to this point is that she feels guilty about being evil, she occasionally goes evil again, and she likes kites. Come FIMFiction, we need you to write good Starlight stories! Oh, and I also don't like how she wasn't punished in some way for basically Destroying the entire Equestrian Universe in some timelines she made. I mean, just throw her into tartarus for a few minutes! Then I'd like her more.

I'm not a huge fan of Starlight Glimmer, but eh I'm over hating her to be honest she has not been in a lot of episodes recently and when she is its a hit or miss just like with any character, but each episode I suppose is trying to help her character growth since she has a lot of uncertainty when it comes to certain situations so I don't think it was that bad, but it is what it is.

The issue with Starlight in Mirror Magic is because Princess Twilight hasn't return to Equestria Girls. I personally hate Mirror Magic because of the rush writing, Magic becoming a problem again, and the ending where Princess Twilight is okay just ruined not only the hole Special, but all 3 Specials in general. Now I have nothing against Starlight Glimmer and her in Equestria Girls could work but Princess Twilight doesn't have any development anymore and for her not even coming back is really getting ridiculous. And of your going to tell me that Twilight's is getting development in the MLP movie then that's should not be a excuse of her not even appearing in EG. Starlight Glimmer barely did anything except saving the day, at least in the show her development was a lot to do and the ending makes me think that in EG 5 will be like the other movies with the same issues like the villains.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I may not be the biggest fan of Starlight, but I have to admit her EQG design is all kinds of cool, and given what I heard of Mirror Magic, she might be the best part of it, actually.