Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Starswirl's mystery overshadowing other potential plot?

ManaMinori

Like virtually everything about the ToH- why it needed Twilight to be a princess- how it impacts Celestia and Luna's positions- what's going to happen further down the line with Twi's "destiny", - if destiny can be overruled (coughRadiantHopecough)- other powerful ponies, like Mage Meadowbrook, and the other enchanted items,  and the eastern unicorns that Twilight didn't read enough about- where the ToH came from, how it became sentient, etc. etc. There's so much lore to dig into, but all the show really seems to care about it Starswirl.

Not really, the Elements of harmony, the tree of harmony and starswirl the bearded got booted out the door in importance after the S4 finale and haven't been mentioned or heavily featured again yet.

There's a crap ton of lore to do, and I want to see it, but it hasn't been an important facet of the show in over 2 years now.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say yes, but Starswirl is barely brought up as it is these days. I think the show just has an issue with not exploring these topics of lore on their own. Could be hard to fit all of that into the show and work with it in an episode.