Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity Episode Ideas

FlareGun45

3 hours ago, Jeric said:

Rarity takes Manehattan timestamp 9:14 shows fabric shifting colors in a pattern absent outside influences like light and external movement. Surprisingly the other elements of the fabric are not visually moving. 

And a counter argument could be made that Lesson Zero was Twilight overreacting. 

You are also thinking of Sweet and Elite. I left that out because Rarity was more composed in comparison to Suited for Success (where she thought her career was legitimately over) and Rarity Takes Manehattan (where she basically feels her entire world view, and self identity, and dreams are shattered). This is compounded with the realization that she screwed up with her friends. 

Her depression in Canterlot Boutique is also another element that tends to get overshadowed by her more humorous flamboyant breakdowns, but it's emotional impact on the character is arguably the most potent she has gone through. 

Inspiration Manifestation is similar, and I suspect all artists face this type of mental crisis at some point. 

The hotel scenes in Rarity Takes Manehattan are not her being dramatic due to her nature. It's an actual breakdown. Real stress. 

full.gif

I have too get this out of the way before I continue. Mlp as of right now has something like 160 episodes. There is no way I will remember every singl detail of those episodes. Also I never said she never had a real breakdown. Rarity is an overley dramatic charcter. 

In most cases the writers use this for comedic affect. That's where the whole feinting couch gag came from. In most cases when Rarity breaks down and cries and starts eating ice cream it is completley inconsequintial. Remeber when she was "heart broken" about Trender Hoof? So when she does break down, and she's already overley dramatic, the issue of whether or not it's real becomes blurred. 

I understand that this is a TV-Y cartoon, so you can only do so much before it becomes too much for kids. But still a lot of her more serious breakdowns aren't that differnt from her comedic ones. 

3 hours ago, Jeric said:

Rarity takes Manehattan timestamp 9:14 shows fabric shifting colors in a pattern absent outside influences like light and external movement. Surprisingly the other elements of the fabric are not visually moving. 

And a counter argument could be made that Lesson Zero was Twilight overreacting. 

You are also thinking of Sweet and Elite. I left that out because Rarity was more composed in comparison to Suited for Success (where she thought her career was legitimately over) and Rarity Takes Manehattan (where she basically feels her entire world view, and self identity, and dreams are shattered). This is compounded with the realization that she screwed up with her friends. 

Her depression in Canterlot Boutique is also another element that tends to get overshadowed by her more humorous flamboyant breakdowns, but it's emotional impact on the character is arguably the most potent she has gone through. 

Inspiration Manifestation is similar, and I suspect all artists face this type of mental crisis at some point. 

The hotel scenes in Rarity Takes Manehattan are not her being dramatic due to her nature. It's an actual breakdown. Real stress. 

full.gif

Okay so i feel like I have too clarify some things. I don't want too missrepresent myself or my opinions. Firstly Rarity is my favorite charcter in FiM. Because of that too some degree I do care about her and what the writers do with her. 

Also I never really meant too have an argument with you. So let me clarify what I intially said. I don't want Rarity too have anxitey or stress out about her life as a reflection of reality, I want it because I don't want it too reflect reality. Let me give an example too help illustrate my point. 

When Trixie first showed up in ponyville the mane six heckled the hell out of her. In real life if you don't like someones show you don't watch it. But this is a cartoon. It doesn't have too reflect reality. Besides if charcters in mlp settled their problems like resonable adults the show would be boring as hell.

So I want Rarity too freak out, not because it would be realstic, but because it would be interesting. Besides all of the other shit you could say about Lesson Zero, it was fun to watch. The only charcter too display that type of batshit insanity would be Discord, though for differnt reasons.

Well that's all I had too add.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Tilgoreth said:

Okay so i feel like I have too clarify some things. I don't want too missrepresent myself or my opinions. Firstly Rarity is my favorite charcter in FiM. Because of that too some degree I do care about her and what the writers do with her. 

Also I never really meant too have an argument with you. So let me clarify what I intially said. I don't want Rarity too have anxitey or stress out about her life as a reflection of reality, I want it because I don't want it too reflect reality. Let me give an example too help illustrate my point. 

When Trixie first showed up in ponyville the mane six heckled the hell out of her. In real life if you don't like someones show you don't watch it. But this is a cartoon. It doesn't have too reflect reality. Besides if charcters in mlp settled their problems like resonable adults the show would be boring as hell.

So I want Rarity too freak out, not because it would be realstic, but because it would be interesting. Besides all of the other shit you could say about Lesson Zero, it was fun to watch. The only charcter too display that type of batshit insanity would be Discord, though for differnt reasons.

Well that's all I had too add.

Oh I wasn't arguing with you. It won't be too surprising to state that Rarity is still my favorite character to discuss after all these years, especially with other fans that like her as a character. I completely agree that the entertainment factor in her passion filled meltdowns is off the charts when it happens. 

Lesson Zero may be slowly losing spots due to some entries in the last few years but it's still in my top ten. Heck even my old favorite (which was a Rarity episode) eventually got eclipsed by Amending Fences, Crusaders of the Lost Mark, and recently Perfect Pear. 

I do think that one of @MegaSean45's concepts could easily put Rarity in that level of epic freakout. Though I would  tweak it slightly adding a few extra elements. Make it so it is Suri not only competing, and not just Rarity losing revenue, but imagine if she actually doesn't understand the appeal to Suri's designs. Those three issues could leave her to wonder if she was just a passing phase in the fashion world. Does she even have a legacy or any staying power.

Boom goes Rarity!

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Oh I wasn't arguing with you. It won't be too surprising to state that Rarity is still my favorite character to discuss after all these years, especially with other fans that like her as a character. I completely agree that the entertainment factor in her passion filled meltdowns is off the charts when it happens. 

Lesson Zero may be slowly losing spots due to some entries in the last few years but it's still in my top ten. Heck even my old favorite (which was a Rarity episode) eventually got eclipsed by Amending Fences, Crusaders of the Lost Mark, and recently Perfect Pear. 

I do think that one of @MegaSean45's concepts could easily put Rarity in that level of epic freakout. Though I would  tweak it slightly adding a few extra elements. Make it so it is Suri not only competing, and not just Rarity losing revenue, but imagine if she actually doesn't understand the appeal to Suri's designs. Those three issues could leave her to wonder if she was just a passing phase in the fashion world. Does she even have a legacy or any staying power.

Boom goes Rarity!

Man I forgot about Suri. Wasn't the whole reason she stole Rarity's dresses was because her ideas were shit, and she wasn't creative enough? How would she ever be able too run her own fashion store. But yes this is something that needs too happen. Hell maybe Coco Pommell would like Suri's dresses. Which would add even more confusion for Rarity. :D

• 1 month later...
On 28.6.2017. at 0:48 AM, Whompy Whomperson said:

Rarity still has a lot in her, both in terms of her own development, and interaction with other characters. Would it kill the writers to give us a RariTwi, or revisit Rarishy or RariDash episode? Instead of a billion more Rarijack episodes? Because Christ Almighty that fucking pairing has long overstayed its welcome

duuuude you are totally right!

Since the Changlings are good now. There could be an episode where Rarity works with a changling.

Include a scene like Rarity asking the changling to take the form of a male pony she's crushing on.

• 4 years later...

>* Roasted Sister – When Sweetie Belle decides to sign up for Equestria Idol, Rarity becomes worried that her sister would become roasted by the judges, so she decides to cheat by having Starlight take control of the judges.

I love this idea, but I'm very conflicted if Starlight would or should do anything related to mind control ever again.