Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity Episode Ideas

FlareGun45

If you saw my AJ episodes post, you know what to do here! Episode ideas, but exclusively for Rarity, or Rarity and other members of the main cast! Now here are my Rarity episodes, but hopefully you'll have some Rarity episodes to share this time. I don't wanna be selfish and just share mine, so please share yours! Even if you don't think they're worth sharing, I'd like to see them! Starting off with bad episodes would train you to thinking of better ones! Anyways, here's mine!

* Holder’s Boulder – When Rarity visits the Pie family farm by request of Limestone Pie to decorate Holder’s Boulder, it mysteriously goes missing the next day, and Limestone believes it to be a curse.
* The Manehattan Project – A rival store runned by Suri Polomare opens across the street from Rarity's Manehattan expansion, so Rarity pushes her employees over the limit to make sure she doesn't lose business to her.
* Crush Depth – On Hearts and Hooves Day, after Spike finally decides to ask Rarity out, she hesitatingly declines it. After seeing Spike get rejected, Sweetie Belle decides to take her place out of pity.
* The Cloudsdale Colts – When the Cutie Map summons Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Rarity to Cloudsdale, they try to help a quartet known as the Cloudsdale Colts reunite with their leading vocalist who is promised a record deal to go solo.
* Roasted Sister – When Sweetie Belle decides to sign up for Equestria Idol, Rarity becomes worried that her sister would become roasted by the judges, so she decides to cheat by having Starlight take control of the judges.
* All Work and No Play – With Rarity’s three boutiques all becoming a huge success, Rarity has been too busy to hang out with her friends and family anymore. Even when the Cutie Map calls for her, she knows her business comes first. 
* Reserve this spot for a Twilight/Rarity episode once I think of one.

• Brohoof 2

A Twilight and Rarity episode where they find a book to bond over(like Daring Do does for Twi and RD), or an episode where Rarity takes interest in learning more advanced magic and Twilight helps. 

Oh, for RD and Rarity, Daring Do and Shadow Spade team up!

• Brohoof 3

On 6/25/2017 at 9:53 PM, MegaSean45 said:

If you saw my AJ episodes post, you know what to do here! Episode ideas, but exclusively for Rarity, or Rarity and other members of the main cast! Now here are my Rarity episodes, but hopefully you'll have some Rarity episodes to share this time. I don't wanna be selfish and just share mine, so please share yours! Even if you don't think they're worth sharing, I'd like to see them! Starting off with bad episodes would train you to thinking of better ones! Anyways, here's mine!

* Holder’s Boulder – When Rarity visits the Pie family farm by request of Limestone Pie to decorate Holder’s Boulder, it mysteriously goes missing the next day, and Limestone believes it to be a curse.
* The Manehattan Project – A rival store runned by Suri Polomare opens across the street from Rarity's Manehattan expansion, so Rarity pushes her employees over the limit to make sure she doesn't lose business to her.
* Crush Depth – On Hearts and Hooves Day, after Spike finally decides to ask Rarity out, she hesitatingly declines it. After seeing Spike get rejected, Sweetie Belle decides to take her place out of pity.
* The Cloudsdale Colts – When the Cutie Map summons Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Rarity to Cloudsdale, they try to help a quartet known as the Cloudsdale Colts reunite with their leading vocalist who is promised a record deal to go solo.
* Roasted Sister – When Sweetie Belle decides to sign up for Equestria Idol, Rarity becomes worried that her sister would become roasted by the judges, so she decides to cheat by having Starlight take control of the judges.
* All Work and No Play – With Rarity’s three boutiques all becoming a huge success, Rarity has been too busy to hang out with her friends and family anymore. Even when the Cutie Map calls for her, she knows her business comes first. 
* Reserve this spot for a Twilight/Rarity episode once I think of one.

All Work And No Play is actually something I'd want too see the show actually do with Rarity. She shouldn't be able to run three stores, maintain relationships with her friends, and save f**king equstria with no consequences. I guess they sort of did that in s7 ep6. But I'd like them too expand on that. 

Also can Rarijack please just be canon? Anyone else? No just me? Huh. Well we defintley need resolution for Sparity. The closest we got was in Secret Of My Excess when Spike was five seconds from telling Rarity he had a crush on her. Then sh shushed him. I thought that was Rarity's way of letting him down easy. I guess not. Because five years later he still has a crush on her. Which leads me too beilive that Rarity doesn't know about Spike's crush.

Just now, Tilgoreth said:

All Work And No Play is actually something I'd want too see the show actually do with Rarity. She shouldn't be able to run three stores, maintain relationships with her friends, and save f**king equstria with no consequences. I guess they sort of did that in s7 ep6. But I'd like them too expand on that. 

Also can Rarijack please just be canon? Anyone else? No just me? Huh. Well we defintley need resolution for Sparity. The closest we got was in Secret Of My Excess when Spike was five seconds from telling Rarity he had a crush on her. Then sh shushed him. I thought that was Rarity's way of letting him down easy. I guess not. Because five years later he still has a crush on her. Which leads me too beilive that Rarity doesn't know about Spike's crush.

THE APPLE OF THE DRESS:

So Rarity is throwing a party, it has been awhile since she could just relax with her friends. And feeling inspired she decides too make a dress for Applejack. Applejack doesn't want too wear the dress too Rarity's party. So Spike, and the cmc try and convvince. Lots of cringe humor. And eventually she decides too wear the dress. Aj asks Rarity why she wanted her too wear the dress, and Rarity responds by saying she thought she looked cute in it. Which she does by the way. Rawr. But because it's TV-Y you can't say sexy. Which is the real reason. Rarity thinks Aj looks sexy in that dress. :D

2 hours ago, Tilgoreth said:

Sure she can do all of that. It isn't easy, but you can certainly fit being a owner or three shops, have a family, maintain friendships, and have other things going on. 

I worked two jobs , was married, had kids, was going to grad school, plus conventions, plus hobbies, plus home improvement projects, and maintained several close friendships. It wasn't easy, and at times I felt overwhelmed to be sure ... but it was doable. I also didn't screw any of the above up. 

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Sure she can do all of that. It isn't easy, but you can certainly fit being a owner or three shops, have a family, maintain friendships, and have other things going on. 

I worked two jobs , was married, had kids, was going to grad school, plus conventions, plus hobbies, plus home improvement projects, and maintained several close friendships. It wasn't easy, and at times I felt overwhelmed to be sure ... but it was doable. I also didn't screw any of the above up. 

I didn't say it was impossible. But still according too the show absolutley none of this has caused Rarity too stress out in any way. We need a new Lesson Zero but with Rarity. Hell maybe they could bring back "Inspiration Manifestation" and she uses that too get all her work done. Or they could go back too that mirror pool and she could make copies of herself. Actually the same should happen with Rainbow Dash. Apparentley being a wonder bolt and touring equstria has no ill affectes for her friendships. 

I actually don't know how to make a good Rarity episode. :huh:

At least not as Fillie Forever. I want an episode like Rarity investigates. That was the best Rarity episode in the show.

Dear God, I really do not want to see more than ONE solo Rarity episode in Season 8. For one thing, Rarity is not really my favorite character. Besides, I can't even think of a good idea for a Rarity episode as of mid Season 7.

1 hour ago, Tilgoreth said:

I didn't say it was impossible. But still according too the show absolutley none of this has caused Rarity too stress out in any way. We need a new Lesson Zero but with Rarity. Hell maybe they could bring back "Inspiration Manifestation" and she uses that too get all her work done. Or they could go back too that mirror pool and she could make copies of herself. Actually the same should happen with Rainbow Dash. Apparentley being a wonder bolt and touring equstria has no ill affectes for her friendships. 

The character has displayed more work related stress and cried over work related stress more than any other character on the show. 

Just now, FirePuppy said:

Dear God, I really do not want to see more than ONE solo Rarity episode in Season 8. For one thing, Rarity is not really my favorite character. Besides, I can't even think of a good idea for a Rarity episode as of mid Season 7.

There are a few in the OP. Some that actually haven't been touched on this show. Also we have one huge Rarity related element left that hasn't been touched on ... the death of Sparity. It wouldn't be a solo Rarity outing ... but it's definitely a big one that needs to happen. Now that I have most of my bucket list crossed off with this show, addressing the crush is #1 for me. A RariTwi episode is high on the list too. You seem to be fixated on numerical parity ... that last one alone should have you interested. 

Plus, she still has a potential rival or two out there that would make for a good follow-up. Suri being a huge one. A second encounter with the Diamond Dogs would be amusing too. And those are all obvious ones.

• Brohoof 2

This one should start learning how to craft jewelry. Those gem things are on her butt and her magic is tied to them. The next step is learning how to weave magic into your products. Start with something small. I'm sure the stain barrier would be popular. How about self-folding? Pegs and earthies would praise you like a god! It's also a good excuse for Twilight duo episodes. You don't need to be a powerful unicorn to create great magical items. So is Rarity the kind of creative genius billionaire playgirl philanthropist to pull it off?

Rarity still has a lot in her, both in terms of her own development, and interaction with other characters. Would it kill the writers to give us a RariTwi, or revisit Rarishy or RariDash episode? Instead of a billion more Rarijack episodes? Because Christ Almighty that fucking pairing has long overstayed its welcome

• Brohoof 3

16 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

The next step is learning how to weave magic into your products.

I kinda had it in my head she did that with the fabric she used in Rarity Takes Manehattan. That shit was nutzen!

7 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Rarity (and Applejack) already had such an episode with Twilight WAY back in Look Before You Sleep.

So what? They can add another one. It is not like they can only have a set amount and that is it. There is no quota to fill when it comes to characters and plots, just fans hopes and dreams about favorite characters and really good episodes built around them. A good Twilight/Rarity episode would be very much appreciated. Something that brings out her inner Shadow Spade again would be even more appreciated. Geez I loved that episode.

• Brohoof 3

24 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

Rarity (and Applejack) already had such an episode with Twilight WAY back in Look Before You Sleep.

That episode is much more AJ and Rarity, with Twilight just getting annoyed with them. There's never been an episode focusing on Rarity and Twilight's friendship

• Brohoof 1

29 minutes ago, The Undefeated of the Weast said:

That episode is much more AJ and Rarity, with Twilight just getting annoyed with them. There's never been an episode focusing on Rarity and Twilight's friendship

Agreed. I don't think that anyone who wants a Rarity and Twi focused entry is asking for that sort of set up exactly. Like you I was surprised it was mentioned.  Look Before You Sleep was a critical Season 1 episode that started a friendship between two characters (Rarijack) and Twilight was kinda new at this whole social thing. So much has changed since that episode. 

Any outing with Rarity and Twilight today would be with two characters that have come a long way since Season 1. The potential in an episode with these two as the focus is almost too good for a writer to pass up. Both are known in high society now, both are grounded and reasonable, yet have a tendency to overreact in humorous ways. 

And like some have mentioned, a Shadow Spade themed episode would be hilarious fun with Twilight. 

56 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

So when you mention character appearance counts I can safely ignore it going forward since you allow personal exceptions like everyone else? It isn't some form of unbiased fairness measurement like I assumed? 

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Jeric said:

I kinda had it in my head she did that with the fabric she used in Rarity Takes Manehattan. That shit was nutzen!

If that is your take on fantasy-born magic then I literally can't even.

13 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

If that is your take on fantasy-born magic then I literally can't even.

In this show, magic and mundanity go hoof in hoof. ;)

18 hours ago, Jeric said:

The character has displayed more work related stress and cried over work related stress more than any other character on the show. 

There are a few in the OP. Some that actually haven't been touched on this show. Also we have one huge Rarity related element left that hasn't been touched on ... the death of Sparity. It wouldn't be a solo Rarity outing ... but it's definitely a big one that needs to happen. Now that I have most of my bucket list crossed off with this show, addressing the crush is #1 for me. A RariTwi episode is high on the list too. You seem to be fixated on numerical parity ... that last one alone should have you interested. 

Plus, she still has a potential rival or two out there that would make for a good follow-up. Suri being a huge one. A second encounter with the Diamond Dogs would be amusing too. And those are all obvious ones.

I mean actual stress. Not her over exagerated feinting couch routine. Besides I really want a Lesson Zero type mental breakdown. Actually Starlight is probally the closest charcter too have something like that happen too her. The closest we gor with Rarity was in Canterlot Boutiqe(pretty sure that's the name of the episode.) where Sassy Saddles just wanted too sell the same dress over and over. But in the end everything was fine, and she didn't even fire Sassy!

Just now, Tilgoreth said:

I mean actual stress. Not her over exagerated feinting couch routine. Besides I really want a Lesson Zero type mental breakdown. Actually Starlight is probally the closest charcter too have something like that happen too her. The closest we gor with Rarity was in Canterlot Boutiqe(pretty sure that's the name of the episode.) where Sassy Saddles just wanted too sell the same dress over and over. But in the end everything was fine, and she didn't even fire Sassy!

You are suggesting that her breakdowns in Suited For Success, Rarity Takes Manehattan, and Inspiration Manifestation are not derived from real stressors? 

• Brohoof 1

32 minutes ago, Jeric said:

In this show, magic and mundanity go hoof in hoof. ;)

Magic and mundanity go hand in hand in many fantasy worlds. What else is new? One still needs to convey magic through effect?

35 minutes ago, Jeric said:

You are suggesting that her breakdowns in Suited For Success, Rarity Takes Manehattan, and Inspiration Manifestation are not derived from real stressors? 

Inspiration Manefestation doesn't count. That was just Rarity being overley sensitive. And all the damge she caused came from the magic book. But I can agree with you on Rarity Takes Manehattan. Suited For Succses is where she meets Fancy Pants right? In the end Rarity choose her carrer over her friends. The only reason there was no big confrontation was because both partys where at the same venue. And Fancy Pants turned out too be a cool guy. 

1 hour ago, Goat-kun said:

Magic and mundanity go hand in hand in many fantasy worlds. What else is new? One still needs to convey magic through effect?

Rarity takes Manehattan timestamp 9:14 shows fabric shifting colors in a pattern absent outside influences like light and external movement. Surprisingly the other elements of the fabric are not visually moving. 

57 minutes ago, Tilgoreth said:

Inspiration Manefestation doesn't count. That was just Rarity being overley sensitive.

And a counter argument could be made that Lesson Zero was Twilight overreacting. 

You are also thinking of Sweet and Elite. I left that out because Rarity was more composed in comparison to Suited for Success (where she thought her career was legitimately over) and Rarity Takes Manehattan (where she basically feels her entire world view, and self identity, and dreams are shattered). This is compounded with the realization that she screwed up with her friends. 

Her depression in Canterlot Boutique is also another element that tends to get overshadowed by her more humorous flamboyant breakdowns, but it's emotional impact on the character is arguably the most potent she has gone through. 

Inspiration Manifestation is similar, and I suspect all artists face this type of mental crisis at some point. 

The hotel scenes in Rarity Takes Manehattan are not her being dramatic due to her nature. It's an actual breakdown. Real stress. 

full.gif

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

Rarity takes Manehattan timestamp 9:14 shows fabric shifting colors in a pattern absent outside influences like light and external movement. Surprisingly the other elements of the fabric are not visually moving.

Dang, if only all magic was so amazing as this simple lighting effect that could have easily been exaggerated for the heck of it. Weren't you the guy who said they add such stuff in all the time? Do you know our glorious writers specifically ordered such an effect to convey some shitty magical enchantment, or did they just say to make something fabulous and shiny? Oh, but it could be magic! Yes, and we also have a flying turtle yet RD ain't a unicorn. Not only is it conveyed badly if it is magic, you also cannot claim that the effect was made by Rarity.

Even if by some chance this is magic, it's a low-tier sparkly-pretty enchantment none should give two hoots about. If you have a unicorn, make them do magic on screen. Make it exciting. And why are we still talking about this bucking fabric? Wouldn't it be nice if we'd see Rarity do some higher tier item shop stuff?