Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How are autism toys mainstream, but MLP isn't?

ManaMinori

I can't fathom how fidget spinners have become a mainstream trend overnight, but in 7 years, My Little Pony is still regarded as weird, and taboo for adults to watch. Just....how? Was FiM ever meant to effect people the way Fidget Spinners have? Are fans crazy for thinking that it ever could've? Would you rather have a Beyblade than a fidget spjnner? 

Fidget spinners are like a running gag in mainstream society I think that the brony community would be as well if that wouldn't be seen as offensive probably a good thing in the end 

Fads are like stars. The bigger they are, the sooner they will die. The whole fidget spinner thing is simply a massive fad that will die off eventually, whereas MLP isn't some fad like that. It is a great show that has been going for 7 years almost, which is so impressive thinking about it. Sure, there are some people that joined the fandom and treated it like a fad, abandoning it when they felt bored, but a lot of people didn't do that.

The whole fidget spinner thing seems like a giant bandwagon at this point. Funny thing is, I am autistic, but I really don't see how those spinners help and I've used one. Maybe it is for use as a stim, but I have other stuff for that.

Spinners are merely a meme. Memes live nowadays. It'll die out soon enough.

Let's look at it this way. MLP wasn't originally intended for adults, it was originally meant for young girls,whereas fidget spinners are more universal. Also, I think the "1000 MPH FIDGET SPINNER VS ______" videos also contribute to the spinners fame.

As far as I know, its just another fad - it will burn out in a few more months, probably around xmas when the kids get big-ticket toys and lose interest in a simple hand-powered rotor. It's rare any "must have" toy lasts more than a year.

I expect the MLP toy market will pick up soon around the merch push for the movie - already starting to see mlp:tm merch in the stores, after all.

3 hours ago, Pikachu said:

Let's look at it this way. MLP wasn't originally intended for adults, it was originally meant for young girls,whereas fidget spinners are more universal. Also, I think the "1000 MPH FIDGET SPINNER VS ______" videos also contribute to the spinners fame.

mlp wasn't intended for adults, but yet look at the fandom

fidget spinners weren't intended for people who don't have ADHD, yet look at the people playing with them.

what's the difference? I see none. Both have sold outside their target audience.....

27 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

mlp wasn't intended for adults, but yet look at the fandom

fidget spinners weren't intended for people who don't have ADHD, yet look at the people playing with them.

what's the difference? I see none. Both have sold outside their target audience.....

Well, I said the weird trick videos and people turning these toys into deadly weapons also could have an influence

Fidget spinners are just a fad that'll die before the year ends, just like many others that even I can't remember :dash: . Ponies will be in our hearts forever :please: