Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Many Alicorns should be in the Show?

FemaleIntrovert1995

(edited)

Honestly? As many as deserve it. So long as the writers give a good reason for it, I don't have a problem if another Alicorn is added to the show. Problem is, so far Flurry has no given reason, and until she does, she's a plot black hole that demands to be filled. Even Twilight's ascension wasn't done that well; it wasn't until she defeated Tirek that I felt she earned what she had been given. I never read the Cadance book, so I won't comment on her.

Edited by ShootingStar159
  • Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, FemaleIntrovert1995 said:

But, to Hasbro they are just merchandise.

That is every single character and location within the show potentially.

I am fine with the number we have. but I also would not care if they added more if the story to do so made sense.

• Brohoof 3

Just now, ShootingStar159 said:

Honestly? As many as deserve it. So long as the writers give a good reason for it, I don't have a problem if another Alicorn is added to the show. Problem is, so far Flurry has no given reason, and until she does, she's a plot black hole that demands to be filled. Even Twilight's ascension wasn't done that well; it wasn't until she defeated Tirek that I felt she earned what she had been given. I never read the Cadance book, so I won't comment on her.

I feel like Cadance's reasoning to being an Alicorn was too similar to Twilight being an Alicorn. Love and friendship are two different things, but they do have similarities. Bonding with each other, spending time together, fighting, and so on. In the book Cadance defeated a creature, and got a horn in exchange. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 minute ago, Tilgoreth said:

Six. Because GlimGlam needs too be an alicorn in the season 8 finale.

If you don't mind me asking, why? Why does she need to be an Alicorn? 

Wait a minute. It would finish her story arc. Never mind, ignore the question. 

Edited by FemaleIntrovert1995
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, FemaleIntrovert1995 said:

If you don't mind me asking, why? Why does she need to be an Alicorn? 

I was joking. That being said I wouldn't mind it. Starlight is the only other character currentley who would deserve too become an alicorn. And it isn't unrealstic considering she has already been called by the map. Granted I think Flurry Heart was already over kill.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I think Princess Luna should suck out all of Glimglams magic then eat her. That would then leave Rarity to become the most fabulous Alicorn ever.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

I feel like 4 was the sweet spot with the sisters, Cadence and Twilight. Flurry Heart is one too many in my opinion and she still has zero explanation which bothers me.

An alicorn did the nasty with Shining Armor and the Alicorn gave birth to...an Alicorn

Seems like a good enough explanation to me.

At OP, I think the number we are at now is fine, they are still rare, millions and millions of ponies live in Equestria, 5 isn't exactly common.

• Brohoof 2

16 minutes ago, Mirage77 said:

Personally, I think Princess Luna should suck out all of Glimglams magic then eat her. That would then leave Rarity to become the most fabulous Alicorn ever.

lol Princess of fashion and generosity. No but Glimmer really is the only character who could resonably deserve too be an alicorn as of right now. 

(edited)

Make em all alicorns so they live forever and have to travel to space and colonize other planets due to over-population. Even make the griffons and dragons alicorns.

Edited by CuriUndersXeno
accidentally 'me' instead of 'em'
  • Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, ryanmahaffe said:

An alicorn did the nasty with Shining Armor and the Alicorn gave birth to...an Alicorn

Seems like a good enough explanation to me.

At OP, I think the number we are at now is fine, they are still rare, millions and millions of ponies live in Equestria, 5 isn't exactly common.

Even though the sisters themelves said it has never happened before. Just seems like a copout. Flurry is overkill to me.

If Hasbro want the writers to add more alicorns, then the writers will do exactly that because it means more money for the company due to toy sales. Personally, I don't mind how many alicorns we end up getting so long as Sunset is given a chance to ascend and become one. However, whoever is given the opportunity, they need to explain it in a way that doesn't come off as cheap and uninteresting. There needs to be a proper investment and not simply because they felt it was time,

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

If Hasbro want the writers to add more alicorns, then the writers will do exactly that because it means more money for the company due to toy sales. Personally, I don't mind how many alicorns we end up getting so long as Sunset is given a chance to ascend and become one. However, whoever is given the opportunity, they need to explain it in a way that doesn't come off as cheap and uninteresting. There needs to be a proper investment and not simply because they felt it was time,

Imagine if they had earth ponies getting horns then wings separately. So its like, wow, 3x the toys, Hasbro, you should totally do that j/k.

3 minutes ago, Mirage77 said:

I'm okay with more Alicorns as long as it doesn't lead to inappropriate behavior within the castle walls.

What, shattering ancient relics, that sort of thing ? :D

(edited)
1 hour ago, GrimGrimoire said:

I am fine with the number we have. but I also would not care if they added more if the story to do so made sense.

Totally agreeing with you here.

They originally stated two alicorn princesses ruling Equestria, since they're both rulers since thousands of years ago we didn't need a reason to why they were alicorns.

Then comes Cadance as plot device, with a bit of an issue since they didn't have a strong reason for her being an alicorn during A Canterlot Wedding, but they immediately gave her a reason to be so in the Crystal Empire.

With Twilight they also gave a reason, her path was shown from the start so it makes sense if Celestia's plan for her was ascension all along.

The only reason I see for Flurryheart is that she's the daughter of an alicorn, but it seems a really weak reason for me.

If they should add more alicorns I would only ask for reasonable storylines so they don't jump out of nowhere, and the more they build a world the more difficult it will be to give a believable reason to do so.

Edited by DonMaguz
  • Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Mirage77 said:

Uhmm, hmmm

Well, the other sort of behavior seems to be the cause of more alicorns, not the result of them, and not inappropriate for newlyweds :D

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Tilgoreth said:

FlutterDash should become an alicorn and togther they can be lesbian princess alicorns. 

Well, that wouldn't cause more alicorns either, unless they change the rules for that, too...

• Brohoof 2