Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Celestia and Luna get SOME Decent Screen Time in the Movie?

FemaleIntrovert1995

I don't see either of them having that much in the way of screen time. Given how the premise of the movie focuses on the Mane Six--the footage we've seen so far does allude to this--as well as the new characters, Celestia and Luna are most likely going to be relegated to the sidelines along with Cadance.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I don't see either of them having that much in the way of screen time. Given how the premise of the movie focuses on the Mane Six--the footage we've seen so far does allude to this--as well as the new characters, Celestia and Luna are most likely going to be relegated to the sidelines along with Cadance.

Why do have the crazy feeling that a Cadance won't even get a few lines in movie?

11 minutes ago, FemaleIntrovert1995 said:

Why do have the crazy feeling that a Cadance won't even get a few lines in movie?

If all we get from her are gasping sounds, I am going to be very disappointed.

• Brohoof 2

I think all the princesses will get at least a little bit of screentime as they seem like they will be an important catalyst of the plot, that's my guess. Not a whole lot though as the film has a decent amount of new characters to go through in 90 minutes. The mane 6 and the new characters will be the stars here. The other princesses will basically be minor supporting characters, which I understand why that will bother some people, but it is what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

If they omitted Discord entirely and relegated Starlight Glimmer to a likely mere background role, then I doubt there's going to be much focus on the princesses (besides Twilight, of course). This seems like a Mane Six Plus Brand-New Characters sort of movie; not so much emphasis on the classic elements of the show.

3 hours ago, Duality said:

If they omitted Discord entirely and relegated Starlight Glimmer to a likely mere background role, then I doubt there's going to be much focus on the princesses (besides Twilight, of course). This seems like a Mane Six Plus Brand-New Characters sort of movie; not so much emphasis on the classic elements of the show.

I actually hope Discord is in the endsceen as background character. So he couldn't stop the attack in the beginning and he has still some screentime. People who don't follow the show will not even reconize him, so there aren't even real spoilers for him if they watch the show.

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Hierok said:

I actually hope Discord is in the endsceen as background character. So he couldn't stop the attack in the beginning and he has still some screentime. People who don't follow the show will not even reconize him, so there aren't even real spoilers for him if they watch the show.

That's actually exactly what I'm hoping for, too. As soon as they announced that Discord wasn't gonna be in the movie, I was like, 'plzplzplzplzplzplzplzhazbromakehimbeinthecreditsorsomethingi'llloveyouforeverandstuffjustdothisonethinggggg~'.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Duality said:

That's actually exactly what I'm hoping for, too. As soon as they announced that Discord wasn't gonna be in the movie, I was like, 'plzplzplzplzplzplzplzhazbromakehimbeinthecreditsorsomethingi'llloveyouforeverandstuffjustdothisonethinggggg~'.

I thought the same, but it was in caps and size 72. :D

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Hierok said:

I thought the same, but it was in caps and size 72. :D

Mai bro right here.

If Hasbro doesn't give us so much as a half-second of Discord cameo, we can #squadgoals together while taking selfies in front of the burning ruins of our former movie theatres.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Duality said:

Mai bro right here.

If Hasbro doesn't give us so much as a half-second of Discord cameo, we can #squadgoals together while taking selfies in front of the burning ruins of our former movie theatres.

Count me in. :D Even if he is only in the end credits, I would already liking the movie more. Like he's holding Hasbro's logo or something. :orly:

• Brohoof 1

I'm not quite sure myself. Spoilers aside, the Look & Find showed Celestia and Cadance turned to stone at some point. Whether this is part of the ritual to transfer their magic to the Staff of Zirconis, or a move by Tempest to subdue them for the ritual while she went after Twilight so the ritual could be performed is anyone's guess. Either way, even if the movie doubles back to Canterlot at a couple of points to show Celestia, Luna, and Cadance petrified in between Twilight and the Mane Six traveling to Klugetown, Queen Novo's, and elsewhere before returning to Canterlot, I have no idea if the other Princesses, especially the Royal Sisters, will have much screen time at all at the start and end of the movie.

• 2 months later...