Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Gen 1 Pony Bride is really tall

chaosprincess

I decided to make this topic to see what you guys thought of the pony bride and how she towers over everything now I purchased the generation 1 bride pony from etsy few years ago don't remember exactly when and once I put her up with my collection it made me realize how tall she really was she towers over most of the pony figures and I believe she is also taller then the big brother ponies I did take a picture of mine which I will leave down below in a spoiler box if you would like to see what she looks like now the picture makes her seem small, but in person she is a tall pony.

So what do you guys think of this really tall bride pony? sadly this bride never did come with a groom, but she would probably tower over him anyways.

Spoiler

pony_bride_by_bringerochaos-dbiqoi5.jpg

1 minute ago, PrincessOfCompassion said:

She does tower over alot of ponies. But I would say mimic is almost as tall as her and some of the big brother ponies are just huge compared to the regular mlps out there.

Mimic is almost there in height, but that's because she is in the proud unicorn pose named after her and in addition to her horn it makes her almost there, but yet so far away and you are right with the big brother ponies they are tall and bulky I did put her next to my daddy Bright Bouquet and she was taller then him not sure why they made her so tall lol.

2 minutes ago, Leave a Whisper said:

Some of the poses are taller then others but I've never actually seen the Pony Bride pose in person.

The Big Brothers aren't too much taller then many of the mares, so comparison pics would be neat.

Beautiful girl too.

That is true I could not help, but laugh when I saw her towering over my other ponies she was easily seen there are other bride ponies, but they are small compared to her I did place her against the daddy Bright Bouquet she was a tad taller then him, but he is a big figure have the mom as well just need the kids I can always take some pictures of the dad at some point since the big brothers are the same height.

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, chaosprincess said:

Mimic is almost there in height, but that's because she is in the proud unicorn pose named after her and in addition to her horn it makes her almost there, but yet so far away and you are right with the big brother ponies they are tall and bulky I did put her next to my daddy Bright Bouquet and she was taller then him not sure why they made her so tall lol.

That is true I could not help, but laugh when I saw her towering over my other ponies she was easily seen there are other bride ponies, but they are small compared to her I did place her against the daddy Bright Bouquet she was a tad taller then him, but he is a big figure have the mom as well just need the kids I can always take some pictures of the dad at some point since the big brothers are the same height.

Sweet! And yeah, it is her special day. Can't be outshone by the other girls now can she? ;)

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Leave a Whisper said:

Sweet! And yeah, it is her special day. Can't be outshone by the other girls now can she? ;)

I'll post the pictures on this thread I'll compare his height to other ponies which he is not much taller then them and then I will take a picture of the dad with pony bride she is a tad taller then him which makes me laugh and that is true now if only she had a groom she never was released with a companion to marry.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Leave a Whisper OK just took the pictures sorry if the quality is not that good,but I used mommy Bright Bouquet, Heart Throb and the pony bride the pony bride one her head prevented her from getting to close to him, but the height difference can still be seen so here are 3 pictures the first one is of daddy and mommy Bright Bouquet, daddy Bright Bouquet and Heart Throb and finally daddy Bright Bouquet and the pony bride.

Spoiler

height_comaprison_1_by_bringerochaos-dbiheight_comparison_2_by_bringerochaos-dbiheight_comaprison_3_by_bringerochaos-dbi

Edited by chaosprincess
  • Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, Leave a Whisper said:

Oh wow! She's really tall and your ponies look great! Thank you for the pictures chaosprincess. :3

Your welcome and thank you I got a lot of my ponies off of etsy and ebay actually my ponies in those pictures came from etsy I did have to fix some of them up, but that's what happens when you purchase online sometimes you have to fix them up glad you liked the pictures tried to show the height differences which turned out OK I know the quality of the pictures is not that great, but they still show nicely and the bride one is tall, but not much taller then the daddy I still have to purchase the son and daughter which the daughter is American and the son is European hes a UK exclusive.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I think some others were made with that or a similar model at the time.

I was certainly shocked when I first saw her. I really like the model and had to get her.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Envy said:

I think some others were made with that or a similar model at the time.

I was certainly shocked when I first saw her. I really like the model and had to get her.

The mold that she is not sure how many others had that same mold, but not many did, but it just makes me laugh when I look over and see her tower over my other ponies she is one pony I am glad I added to my collection she is really pretty even if she never did come with a groom which makes me think how is she a bride? she never came with a groom the only groom pony was Tux and he was in the same set as satin n lace I believe could be wrong.

2 hours ago, simba86 said:

she's a lot like the "big sister" ponies hasbro came out with

I think you have it mixed up with the big brother ponies due to they never released big sister ponies, but they do have the sweetheart sister ponies, which Hasbro released so many so its easy to get mixed up.

• Brohoof 2

22 hours ago, chaosprincess said:

I think you have it mixed up with the big brother ponies due to they never released big sister ponies, but they do have the sweetheart sister ponies, which Hasbro released so many so its easy to get mixed up.

that's what i meant, i think they was released around the pony tales era or maybe a little bit before

2 hours ago, simba86 said:

that's what i meant, i think they was released around the pony tales era or maybe a little bit before

They were released before and no worries I get the ponies mixed up as well there is just so many of them and so many generations its hard to remember all the names of the sets.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RaphLuna said:

I have the tall pony Bride I also have a 3 Color swirl ponies they have the same pose as the tall bride their colors are very bright and swirly in color..

That's cool and I know there are ponies who have the same pose as the bride pony.

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, PittyPaws said:

The reason she is so tall is because she is one of the G1 "Bride Pose" ponies . I guess they wanted to make them longer like the Sweetheart Sister ponies. 

(Either that or the brides are all Clydesdales.)

I know what set shes from I own her and also own some sweetheart sisters and there are other ponies who have the same pose as her such as the princess ponies with eyelashes etc, but the big brother ponies/ daddy ponies are based off of clydesdales not the bride ponies etc.