Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Tall Are The Equestria Girls?

Denim&Venöm

How tall do you think the EQG cast is compared to normal humans? It's been estimated that the height of the mane 6 ponies is between 3'6" & 5ft tall, fillies between 1'6 & 3ft tall and full grown cast members like Big Mac & Luna would be between 4'6 & 6ft tall. So how tall do you think the cast members are?

for all we know they could be microscopic 

also; it's a cartoon, screw physics in the rectum

so remember; the next time you're taking a trip to the supermarket, CHANGES ARE HIGH THAT YOU WILL BE STEPPING ON OUR BELOVED PONY FRIENDS!!!!!

and if you do... i will find you... and tell you that you did a very bad thing... then i will probably go home... eat a sandwich... and go to bed...

Well the humanized ponies in Equestria Girls seem distinctly out of proportion compared to a normal human being. When I first saw the humans in EQG, I was easily reminded of the Barbie dolls.  :blink:

Their legs seem significantly longer than that of humans....or that could be just the boots. lol I'm not sure. 

No it's definitely the legs. I mean just look at them. The legs take up most of their body mass.

Equestria_Girls_February_10_2013_charact

They also seem unnaturally tall and thin, which is especially noticeable around the torso and arms.

So yeah, I personally think they would noticeably taller...and more 'unhealthy' looking than the average human. 

Then again, we're talking about the body proportions of the "humans" from an alternate universe. So really, there's no specific way of determining the exact size other than making lucky guess. :P

387884__safe_fluttershy_equestria%2Bgirl

i'd say about twice the size of their respective ponysonas. so...yeah. they are rather tall in comparison. then again, it's My Little Pony. maybe the humans are normal size and the ponies are, well, little.

• Brohoof 8

*image*

'd say about twice the size of their respective ponysonas. so...yeah. they are rather tall in comparison. then again, it's My Little Pony. maybe the humans are normal size and the ponies are, well, little.

That image is... genius. Whoever made it deserves a cookie. Great comparison.

But yes, I always imagined the ponies as relatively small. In my head I imagine Celestia and Luna to be a lot taller than 6' though, probably edging on 7', but that's mainly because I would feel weird being as tall or taller than magical alicorns who literally move celestial bodies with their powers. Kind of anticlimactic. 

In EqG I imagine them to all be about 5'8.5" just judging from what I've seen, their appearances relative to doorways, and their comparison to pony heights.

EDIT: Except for Pinkie. I just realized she actually looks a bit shorter. Applejack too, albeit less so... Strange.

Edited by Dusknight Haze
  • Brohoof 1

img-1824807-1-387884__safe_fluttershy_eq

i'd say about twice the size of their respective ponysonas. so...yeah. they are rather tall in comparison. then again, it's My Little Pony. maybe the humans are normal size and the ponies are, well, little.

That picture is the best I have ever seen at illustrating there height :)!

I defiantly thought or maybe even just presumed, that the EQG where the same heigh as humans even if the proportions where a little bit off :P

• Brohoof 1

• 10 years later...

Okay, let's assume that Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy are all approximately 5 feet 5 inches tall. According to my calculations, other characters like Principal Celestia and Luna have heights of 6 feet 5 inches for Celestia and 6 feet 2 inches for Luna.

For the heights in feet:

Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy: 5 feet 5 inches
Principal Celestia: 6 feet 5 inches
Luna: 6 feet 2 inches.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2023-12-13 at 3:12 PM, RomanJ2002 said:

Okay, let's assume that Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy are all approximately 5 feet 5 inches tall. According to my calculations, other characters like Principal Celestia and Luna have heights of 6 feet 5 inches for Celestia and 6 feet 2 inches for Luna.

For the heights in feet:

Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy: 5 feet 5 inches
Principal Celestia: 6 feet 5 inches
Luna: 6 feet 2 inches.

Presumably it is just the art style and if the characters were real people, they had other and different heights.

This is a common trope: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShortTeensTallAdults

IRL most people reach their adult height during their mid teens. In films and TV shows, especially if animated, teenagers are often shorter than adults to make them look younger and give visual cues about hierarchies.