Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old are the equestria girls?

joshuachasseur

I think around 17, they do live without their parents and they do have low pay jobs.

But they also attend high school

• 1 year later...

I think they’re beetween 16-18. It could be that they aren’t all in the same class. Because in "Last day of school" Sci-Twi and RD are in the same class, so they’re the same age and juniors. Also in "FOMO" we see Rainbow Dash driving a motorcycle, so she's 16-17. Sci-Twi doesn’t drive a car, either, because in "Friendship Games" and "Monday Blues" she takes the bus. So she’s the same age as Rainbow.

Fluttershy is older, I think. In "Driving Miss Shimmer" she has her own car, so she’s obliviously 18. Sunset Shimmer, too. Also Rarity and AJ. 

About Pinkie Pie, I really don’t know. I think she's 17, because we all know Fluttershy is a year older than her. Also I haven't seen her drive a car or something. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2018 at 2:20 PM, Guest said:

I think around 17, they do live without their parents and they do have low pay jobs.

But they also attend high school

In high schools there are some who are seniors (15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20), at any age they attend classes such as college.

On 8/13/2019 at 10:14 PM, Diane said:

I think they’re beetween 16-18. It could be that they aren’t all in the same class. Because in "Last day of school" Sci-Twi and RD are in the same class, so they’re the same age and juniors. Also in "FOMO" we see Rainbow Dash driving a motorcycle, so she's 16-17. Sci-Twi doesn’t drive a car, either, because in "Friendship Games" and "Monday Blues" she takes the bus. So she’s the same age as Rainbow.

Fluttershy is older, I think. In "Driving Miss Shimmer" she has her own car, so she’s obliviously 18. Sunset Shimmer, too. Also Rarity and AJ. 

About Pinkie Pie, I really don’t know. I think she's 17, because we all know Fluttershy is a year older than her. Also I haven't seen her drive a car or something. 

no, All characters sci twi, sunset shimmer, fluttershy, rarity, pinkie pie, applejack and etc; They look much seniors. they're really 17-21, 16-20 years and especially 18-22 old, that explains the way they behave, they live alone in their homes without the company of an adult. They all look seniors. I saw some of them, they have mustaches, muscles, a real-world teenager doesn't have those things. 

Edited by Van123

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd say 17. They still live with their parents, are still attending high school, we've seen a few of them driving, and a couple have jobs. Sounds a lot like 17 to me. 

• Brohoof 2

On 10/10/2019 at 3:32 AM, Lucky Bat said:

I'd say 17. They still live with their parents, are still attending high school, we've seen a few of them driving, and a couple have jobs. Sounds a lot like 17 to me. 

no, they look completely older, what do you tell me about the cruise they did on their vacations, a teenager does not go alone, he is always accompanied by his parents and they live alone in their homes. They are actually 17-21 years old and are young adults like totally spies and princess disney

9 hours ago, Van123 said:

no, they look completely older, what do you tell me about the cruise they did on their vacations, a teenager does not go alone, he is always accompanied by his parents and they live alone in their homes. They are actually 17-21 years old and are young adults like totally spies and princess disney

Dude, this is for everyone's own opinion lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 7:32 AM, Lucky Bat said:

EXTREMELY LONG analysis ahead:  Click the spoiler to see it  (hiding it to not bloat the thread)

Spoiler

Sci!Twi lives alone with Spike in the "guest house" that has both her room + laboratory on the first floor. Her parents must be rich, they have their own (bigger) house deeper in the same block. [ Sources: "MadTwience" & "Monday Blues" shorts ].

Rarity is in a similar situation, but she is not living near her parent´s home (just like her equestrian counterpart, she wants her independence). She is UBER rich (assuming gemstones/diamonds are as rare as they should be in a Land Without Magic).

Applejack lives with her family in the city (sans her parents, who are probably ALIVE and well, working 24/7 on the unseen "Farm" that BigMac goes offscreen regulary with his truck). [ Sources: "Get the Show on the Road" & other summertime shorts ]; also implied to exist from one the "dream sequences" of Friendship Through the Ages [all the assets likely to have being made in advance by DHX but never actually used on any of the later EQG movies/shorts & specials... blame HASBRO].

Pinkie Pie & Maud live together, but Maud is not enrolled on CHS (she is probably an undergraduate at some university on the nearby "Crystal City"); they are not sharing the house with anybody else & it is locate near the school [ Rainbow Rocks & Forgotten Friendship ].

There is no "actual data" about Fluttershy´s home. She likely does NOT live in Canterlot Town [rather she conmutes from someplace OTHER than "Crystal City"; likely somewhere "adjacent" to the urban area of CHS given that she has her own car]. She likely still lives with her parents & Zephyr Breeze (otherwise she would have tons of animals in her own house already, rather than having to carry them between the pet shop & CHS in her backpack).

Rainbow Dash lives alone at the outskirts of Canterlot Town (like Rarity, she wants freedom) given that she has her own motorcycle (from the times before she got her geod); currently using her superspeed powers instead by running back & forth everyday [ "Overpowered", "Monday Blues" & Running to Break Free" ]. 

It is clear that "Pedestria" (the world of CHS) has different rules & regulations than Earth [ they seem to be aware of the concept of "Magic" being something absolutely real, even if it is "rare" and/or "lost"  (like Greek Fire) ]; plus the way Principal Celestia allowed "newcomers" like Sunset Shimmer & Princess Twilight to "enroll" without the need of proper identification  & "certificates" (like whatever equivalent they have for "elementary school") sugest that their country is extemely "liberal" on matters about personal privacy & liberty of movement and education.

-> The use of Youtube by the CMC (EQG1) sugest that they are AT LEAST 13 years old. Something that pushes Applejack to ~18  & BigMac over 21 (necesary for him to drive a "bus" carrying people other than his own family).

When asking for driving lessons, Sunset knew that Rarity was 18 (the idea that Rarity never learned because she has her own driver 24/7 did not crossed her mind). 

Pinkie Pie is likely 17 (a year younger than car driver Fluttershy with 18), she works & goes to classes near her house (she has no vehicle); this is also why she suddendly proposed the entire group to have a "surprise slumber party" [they were close & she does not have to ask for permission to anybody (Maud is likely "the adult in charge", but she does not care) plus Pinkie controls what goes to the fridge ( whipped cream ) & likely has pizza on speed dial ]. 

Rainbow Dash & Sci!Twi are the two younger girls of the group (unless Dash had to repeat a year...). Neither of them has a car ( yet Sci!Twi is rich enough to have one if she could drive ); both were likely 16 by EQG1; probably 17 by the time of "Spring Brakedown".

Sunset Shimmer is actually over 30. But the portal is using all the teenagers it can "see" on its direct line of sight (basically right on the main entrance to CHS) as the "standard model" to base the transformation for anypony coming from Equestria. The same is probably the case for Starlight Glimmer [Mirror Magic], and maybe even Princess Celestia [ "Sunset Backstage" shorts ]; all of them getting a teenager human body.

-> It is implied that the adults (BigMac included) working on Canterlot Highschool usually get into the building from the "Faculty Lot of Power" (cars), that is located on the other side (relative to the statue). Spike The Dragon likely got the "dog" treatment because of his smaller size was about the same that of the blue dog one of the students was walking precisely when they arrived for the first time [EQG1].

Spike The Regular Dog was at least 6 months old by the time of Friendship Games; given that by EQG1 (Fall Formal) Pinkie Pie already knew Sci!Twi from one of her travels to "The City", and likely hear her calling him (by then a small puppy) by his name (but Pinkie did not knew the name "Twilight"), meaning that Sci!Twi was walking her dog Spike at some point after the "Spring Fling" when Sunset Shimmer "backstabbed" Rarity (lets assume it happened that same month).

-> In Friendship Games, a substantial ammount of Fluttershy´s magic passed through Spike The Dog (while it was getting extracted by Sci!Twi´s device);  with him absorbing her ability to "speak with animals" in reverse [getting the inteligence & sapience needed to speak human language]; alongside with other of her human/pony hybrid biological attributes (he now has a similar lifespan than her & can now digest the same stuff than she could, plus his original canine abilities).

Edited by SilverComet
visual compression
  • Brohoof 1

On 10/31/2019 at 8:33 PM, SilverComet said:

EXTREMELY LONG analysis ahead:  Click the spoiler to see it  (hiding it to not bloat the thread)

Hide contents

Sci!Twi lives alone with Spike in the "guest house" that has both her room + laboratory on the first floor. Her parents must be rich, they have their own (bigger) house deeper in the same block. [ Sources: "MadTwience" & "Monday Blues" shorts ].

Rarity is in a similar situation, but she is not living near her parent´s home (just like her equestrian counterpart, she wants her independence). She is UBER rich (assuming gemstones/diamonds are as rare as they should be in a Land Without Magic).

Applejack lives with her family in the city (sans her parents, who are probably ALIVE and well, working 24/7 on the unseen "Farm" that BigMac goes offscreen regulary with his truck). [ Sources: "Get the Show on the Road" & other summertime shorts ]; also implied to exist from one the "dream sequences" of Friendship Through the Ages [all the assets likely to have being made in advance by DHX but never actually used on any of the later EQG movies/shorts & specials... blame HASBRO].

Pinkie Pie & Maud live together, but Maud is not enrolled on CHS (she is probably an undergraduate at some university on the nearby "Crystal City"); they are not sharing the house with anybody else & it is locate near the school [ Rainbow Rocks & Forgotten Friendship ].

There is no "actual data" about Fluttershy´s home. She likely does NOT live in Canterlot Town [rather she conmutes from someplace OTHER than "Crystal City"; likely somewhere "adjacent" to the urban area of CHS given that she has her own car]. She likely still lives with her parents & Zephyr Breeze (otherwise she would have tons of animals in her own house already, rather than having to carry them between the pet shop & CHS in her backpack).

Rainbow Dash lives alone at the outskirts of Canterlot Town (like Rarity, she wants freedom) given that she has her own motorcycle (from the times before she got her geod); currently using her superspeed powers instead by running back & forth everyday [ "Overpowered", "Monday Blues" & Running to Break Free" ]. 

It is clear that "Pedestria" (the world of CHS) has different rules & regulations than Earth [ they seem to be aware of the concept of "Magic" being something absolutely real, even if it is "rare" and/or "lost"  (like Greek Fire) ]; plus the way Principal Celestia allowed "newcomers" like Sunset Shimmer & Princess Twilight to "enroll" without the need of proper identification  & "certificates" (like whatever equivalent they have for "elementary school") sugest that their country is extemely "liberal" on matters about personal privacy & liberty of movement and education.

-> The use of Youtube by the CMC (EQG1) sugest that they are AT LEAST 13 years old. Something that pushes Applejack to ~18  & BigMac over 21 (necesary for him to drive a "bus" carrying people other than his own family).

When asking for driving lessons, Sunset knew that Rarity was 18 (the idea that Rarity never learned because she has her own driver 24/7 did not crossed her mind). 

Pinkie Pie is likely 17 (a year younger than car driver Fluttershy with 18), she works & goes to classes near her house (she has no vehicle); this is also why she suddendly proposed the entire group to have a "surprise slumber party" [they were close & she does not have to ask for permission to anybody (Maud is likely "the adult in charge", but she does not care) plus Pinkie controls what goes to the fridge ( whipped cream ) & likely has pizza on speed dial ]. 

Rainbow Dash & Sci!Twi are the two younger girls of the group (unless Dash had to repeat a year...). Neither of them has a car ( yet Sci!Twi is rich enough to have one if she could drive ); both were likely 16 by EQG1; probably 17 by the time of "Spring Brakedown".

Sunset Shimmer is actually over 30. But the portal is using all the teenagers it can "see" on its direct line of sight (basically right on the main entrance to CHS) as the "standard model" to base the transformation for anypony coming from Equestria. The same is probably the case for Starlight Glimmer [Mirror Magic], and maybe even Princess Celestia [ "Sunset Backstage" shorts ]; all of them getting a teenager human body.

-> It is implied that the adults (BigMac included) working on Canterlot Highschool usually get into the building from the "Faculty Lot of Power" (cars), that is located on the other side (relative to the statue). Spike The Dragon likely got the "dog" treatment because of his smaller size was about the same that of the blue dog one of the students was walking precisely when they arrived for the first time [EQG1].

Spike The Regular Dog was at least 6 months old by the time of Friendship Games; given that by EQG1 (Fall Formal) Pinkie Pie already knew Sci!Twi from one of her travels to "The City", and likely hear her calling him (by then a small puppy) by his name (but Pinkie did not knew the name "Twilight"), meaning that Sci!Twi was walking her dog Spike at some point after the "Spring Fling" when Sunset Shimmer "backstabbed" Rarity (lets assume it happened that same month).

-> In Friendship Games, a substantial ammount of Fluttershy´s magic passed through Spike The Dog (while it was getting extracted by Sci!Twi´s device);  with him absorbing her ability to "speak with animals" in reverse [getting the inteligence & sapience needed to speak human language]; alongside with other of her human/pony hybrid biological attributes (he now has a similar lifespan than her & can now digest the same stuff than she could, plus his original canine abilities).

Don't pretend their ages. You got this out of your head of what you think about them and considering something is not.. They act like an adult, and they do everything they do in their own way and they live alone in their homes, you don't even listening but say nonsense about what you write. @Lucky Bolt  They are not girls, they are quite old. @The Nth Doctor A teenager is always accompanied with his parents in a cruise and, come by them to school.  Not only are there teenagers in high school, there are also young adults as in the real world. A boy or girl of any age goes to high school just like college. That explains with the older brother of Fluttershy and Big Mac and the boys who have a mustache. The equestria girls like rainbow dash, twilight, rarity, applejack, fluttershy, pinkie pie as sunset shimmer and starlight all of them look much older and have the same age 17-21 years.

Edited by Van123

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

But I still don't get how the CMCs and Diamond Tiara & Silverspoon and Snips & Snails are all in the same school, on the same trips and events as the Mane 6. Are they older in Equestria Girls than in the pony show? What happens if they go back through the portal to Equestria? What's going on with that?

• 8 months later...
On 12/28/2015 at 6:12 PM, joshuachasseur said:

They're definetely potrayed as seniors, so 17-18 years old. They're most definetely the sake age as Dj Pon 3, who can drive, and also has her own car, and Rainbow Dash owns and drives a motorcycle. They're highschool is potrayed like a US highschool, so basing it on that they're not 16, because you can only get a motorcycle license at the age of 16, and since Rainbow owns a motorcycle I think she's at least had her liecense for a year. 

In the first movie it was also shown that there were 3 fall formals, and this one being sunests 4th, and we know the main 6 are all the same age, so judging from that we know they're seniors. 

A lot of the main six have also been shown to have jobs, meaning as I already said, they're older than 16, as most places hire at 16+. And as I already mentioned, Rainbow Dash has her own motorcycle. As well as this, it's clear they're all in the sane grade because of the yearbook photo from the first movie(in the photo based on their looks, comparing them to to the cmc they were clearly freshman in that photo)

Also as we know from Driving Ms. Shimmer, Fluttershy owns a car, which means she has a license since she offered to help Sunset learn how to drive, which also implies she's older than 16. 

So yeah, based on all this they're either 17 or 18.

• Brohoof 1

On 1/3/2021 at 3:55 PM, Archor said:

They're definetely potrayed as seniors, so 17-18 years old. They're most definetely the sake age as Dj Pon 3, who can drive, and also has her own car, and Rainbow Dash owns and drives a motorcycle. They're highschool is potrayed like a US highschool, so basing it on that they're not 16, because you can only get a motorcycle license at the age of 16, and since Rainbow owns a motorcycle I think she's at least had her liecense for a year. 

In the first movie it was also shown that there were 3 fall formals, and this one being sunests 4th, and we know the main 6 are all the same age, so judging from that we know they're seniors. 

A lot of the main six have also been shown to have jobs, meaning as I already said, they're older than 16, as most places hire at 16+. And as I already mentioned, Rainbow Dash has her own motorcycle. As well as this, it's clear they're all in the sane grade because of the yearbook photo from the first movie(in the photo based on their looks, comparing them to to the cmc they were clearly freshman in that photo)

Also as we know from Driving Ms. Shimmer, Fluttershy owns a car, which means she has a license since she offered to help Sunset learn how to drive, which also implies she's older than 16. 

So yeah, based on all this they're either 17 or 18.

On 1/5/2021 at 1:55 PM, Califorum said:

Depends on the grade since they are in high school. I have to say 16-17.

what I agree with you is that they are seniors in the whole series, But what you say about their ages is wrong.  As I already said before, they are definitely 17-21 years old.  A teenager cannot live alone at home, nor travel on a cruise ship. That's the reason they're older. How do you explain that? 

Edited by Van123

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ummm I guess between 16 and 18 years old. Maybe 19. I'm not sure when student leave high school in the states, but from what I've gathered/seen in these movies I would goes with that age range

• 2 years later...

I think all seven girls are the same age as each other since they are shown to be in the same classes (and it's shown Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie are in the same grade for sure in the first movie).

If we assume everything up to Forgotten Friendship is in the same grade (with the Digital Series season 1 short Last Day of School being the end), then Rollercoaster of Friendship is in the summer after that, then Spring Breakdown is in the spring of the second school year (with the Better Together season 2 short Schedule Swap indicated to be in a new school year), and Holidays Unwrapped is in the December after that so it's in a third school year.

With that info, it's possible the Rainbooms were in 10th grade and 15-16 at the start and are in 12th grade and 17-18 years old by the end of the series.

Guessing Sunset, Fluttershy, Applejack, and Rarity would be the older half of the Rainbooms since Driving Miss Shimmer (which came out before Forgotten Friendship) shows the latter three already have their driver's licenses.