Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Mute And the Outcasted (1x1 With The Ceberus)

Maple Bat

Speechless nodded and made a sound that implied that, what Maple told was interesting in his opinion. He then wrote down more and with slightly awkward smile showed his notebook to Maple, "Sorry if this is rude question but, how are you so colorful?" "I have never seen batpony like you" "Not that it is a bad thing." he put his hoof on to his neck, maybe he shouldn't have asked. 

Edited by The Cerberus

"Oh..." Maple wasn't sure what to say. She took a deep breath "I'm actually not a bat pony. To say..." She paused a bit hoping that Speechless, Nor any other pony in the building would panic when she said this. "I'm a vampire-Fruit Bat pony." She braced for the worst "Don't worry though I don't drink blood!" She said a bit defensively

Speechless looked thoughtful for a second, followed by sound of remembering something. He then did the usual with the notebook and turned it for Maple to read, "I know what Vampire-Fruit bats are, few of those have tried to steal my food time to time." "But I didn't know there is ponies too." "Do others really think you drink blood? That sounds unpleasant"

Maple started using her hoof to brush her mane again. "As far as I know I'm the only of my kind. If there are others though, They won't drink blood either. I said that because ponies usually hear 'Vampire' and panic." A bit later the bartender sent the two's drinks down on the counter. Maple grabbed hers and drank some of it enjoying the sweetness of the Apples with the rest of the beverage.

Speechless let out a curious noise, he showed next text as they got the drinks, "I can't imagine how it feels." "Though I get my share of running away too, the combination of not being able to speak and these..." He opened one of his wings and pointed at the claw on it with his hoof.  the sentence continued "...causes misunderstandings". He then took a sip from his cider before writing down another sentence, "You said you are only one of your kind, what about your parents?" 

Edited by The Cerberus

"Don't worry being the only of my kind is kind of nice you feel unique." Maple said laughing a bit "My parents? They're alive and well but the thing is I'm sorta like a hybrid. My mother was a pegasus which is normal but my father, He's a dragonequus." She took another drink. "Actually, I bet you've heard of my parents. Their names are Fluttershy and Discord. Ring any bells?"

Speechless looked very surprised, almost shocked, but soon returned his calm to avoid seeming rude. He took another sip from his drink and wrote, "Of course I have heard of them." he did small respectful gesture "It's honor to talk with you."

"No reason to show me that much respect." Maple said calmly "I haven't earned it yet. Though I'd like to ask you something." She looked at the pony "What's the cutie mark for? Normally I can figure it out but yours is rather unique to me." She realized that the pony could take that offensively "S..Sorry I didn't mean to offend you the cutie mark looks wonderful I'm just wondering what it's for."

Speechless moved his hoof and smiled to imply that Maple's question didn't bother him. He then opened page already filled with text and showed it to Maple, "As you already know, I can't speak, but I still can make sounds." "So, my talent is that I can communicate with animals using sounds and movements." "And my cutiemark is a cat's footprint because they are only animal I have managed to master." "Not yet sure about the white wings though."

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple smiled after drinking a bit more of her cider. "You'll find out it's meaning soon enough." She looked at her armor and bow. Remembering of how she had gotten her position. She grinned "I know I certainly did." She looked around the building and then asked the bartender to go get an apple for her, Just a regular apple.

"Hopefully" Speechless showed from the notebook. He then took a another sip before writing more, "Let me guess, archery" "Your cutiemark resembles a bow, and you carry one with you." He then finished his cider and ordered a glass of water. 

Edited by The Cerberus

(edited)

"Yea it is. I learned how to use one with my hooves as well So that's a plus." Maple said "It's part of the reason why I work so hard with the guard. Just inspires me to do great konwing my cutie mark agrees with me." When the bartender came around again he tossed the apple at Maple she caught it with her wing and let it roll down her wing before tossing it into the air catching it with her hoof. "What do you do anyways? Like do you have a job now?"

Edited by Maple Bat

Speechless gave short soundless applause to Maple's catch before writing down the answer to her question. "No job" "But I sometimes help other ponies with small animal problems." "Sometimes even at day, but then I hide my appearance for obvious reasons." "Other than that I use my days in the Everfree and nights just enjoying the night"

"You and my mom would get along really well." Maple laughed kinda nervously. "You'd imagine the reason she's not scared of bats. I understand the whole hiding your appearance thing as well, I do it too. I have to do a lot during the day as well helping out my parents so I get out a lot. Good think I don't need much sleep." She said jokingly

Speechless gave a little laugh before taking a sip from the glass of water he was given and writing... "Maybe. We both like animals, and both can communicate with them, though your mother does it way better than me." "And hiding your appearance is unfortunate part of being Bat pony, but luckily it is easy to get used to.". "If I can ask? What kind of reaction you usually get when ponies hear that your Father is Discord?" "Are they usually okay with it, or?"

Maple thought about it. She had met a lot of ponies before. "It's really hard to say. It's generally never the same reaction some ponies think it's cool, some panic because it makes me even more scary, others could respond the way you did treating me like nobility. The reaction is just as random as he is." She smiled "And that is defiantly saying something." She then looked at the apple in her hoof "E... Excuse me for a second." She said politely before 'Drinking' the apple with her fangs. "Ahh, Nothing better than a apple on a cold night with a new friend."

Speechless listened Maples explanation and in end of it nodded slowly and pointed at "Makes sense" in the notebook. After Maple had 'drank' the apple, Speechless looked at the leftovers curiously, before finishing his glass of water and letting out a sound of agreement. 

Edited by The Cerberus

Maple stood up and threw away what was left of the apple. "I should probably get going for now... Perhaps we could meet up later. I don't work tomorrow night. Perhaps then?" She walked over to retrieve her equipment. Then looked back over at him to get a responce.

Speechless thought for a second, and then nodded as answer to Maple's question. After that, he placed his pen and notebook back to their bag, and paid his drink. He then looked at Maple with asking expression, pointing at the floor with his wing, while writing in the air with another "Here?"

Edited by The Cerberus

"Where ever you wanna meet... Maybe ponyville? There's more to do there anyways." Maple suggested "But here again is fine. Whatever you wanna do is perfectly fine with me." She walked back over to him to read what his response was and to pay for their things she handed the bar keeper 7 bits. "Keep the change"

Speechless took out his notebook and pen again, "True, Ponyville would be better, and it would be shorter travel." He thought for a second.  "Let's meet outside Sugarcube Corner?" "Or if you want to, somewhere close to Fluttershy's house, I know where it is."

Edited by The Cerberus

"Outisde Sugercube corner sounds great!" Maple said. "See you the same time tomorrow then!" She said as she left the building. Maple popped back inside the building to see what the time actually was and then left again because she thought she heard trouble brewing nearby.

Speechless nodded and waved his wing to Maple when she left the building the first time, and started adjusting his bag's straps when she popped back to check the time. He then left the building and took off flying, but instead of leaving Canterlot, he flew around on the sky above it, enjoying the night air. 

Maple had spent the rest of that night calming down a pony who claimed to have seen a changeling and had them explain what had happened after they had calmed down she wrote a report on it, Placing it on the board as a new problem which another guard would have to handle later. After which she had to head home to avoid Fluttershy getting worried about her, Maple was excited to tell her mom about her new friend though.

Speechless had used rest of the night flying around, arriving to Everfree forest just before sunrise. There he had erased some of the text he had written to communicate with Maple, and rewriting some of it as a list he could use in later date if needed. After finishing with his notebook, he called over some of his animal-friends in the forest.