Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

CMC Cutie Mark Speculation

Marshmallow

Cutie mark for a CMC?  

46 users have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see one of the CMC get a cutie mark before the others?

• Sho' Nuff! that would be interesting!
    • No way! That would ruin the CMC
  2. 2. Will the CMC get their Cutie Marks?

• Yes
    • No

I think your slightly missing the point... The joke is that they know what they're good at, yet don't acknowledge that it's their special talent(s) and quite frankly, I happen to like the misadventures of the CMC, especially the 'Ponyville Confidential' episode.

Though I acknowledge that it bothers you and respect your opinion.

• Brohoof 4

I think that Scootaloo needs an episode, but yeah I kinda agree. I haven't loved a lot of their episodes although Sisterhooves Social and Ponyville Confidential were pretty good. I'm not sure how much more they can do with them as characters so yeah, I guess we have to wait and see what they decide to do

• Brohoof 1

I find their episodes rather enjoyable so I must disaggree... Scoots hasn't had her own episode yet... So IMO think they should draw it out as long as possible.

I'd like the idea of one of the CMC getting her cutie mark, conflict arises and in the end the one who gets her cutie mark keeps helping the other two discover who they are. By the end of the series they'd all have their cutie marks.

I'm not a fan of these types of running gags that never get unsolved when the series ends personally.

• Brohoof 1

I liked the Ponyville Confidential episode. I mean, come on! Big Mac actually speaks a full sentence! How is that not epic? Anyway, I'm not a huge CMC fan, but I like the characters individually. I am in agreement that they should get their cutie marks soon as I'm interested to see what they would be. Scootaloo and Sweetie are pretty easy to peg, but I'm not sure about Apple Bloom. What I mostly hear from fans is that it'll be a hammer or something like that because she's apparently good with tools. Maybe I'm forgetting something, but I have no clue where that idea came from.

While I don't really mind if they stay blank flanks and continue their wily adventures, I would like to see some sort of progression with the world, like time is continuing rather than just being used by the writers for the sake of episodes, if that makes sense. So yes, I would like to see the CMC get their cutie marks, although that does not need to be the end of their friendship.

• Brohoof 1

I think your slightly missing the point... The joke is that they know what they're good at, yet don't acknowledge that it's their special talent(s)

I do get the joke; it was very apparent in the episode where they have their school talent show. I just think they should get it over with. I actually like the CMC, but like Zstrike said, I would also like to see some progression with this. Kind of like how spike should get bigger soon. Don't take this as hate against the CMC, I actually like them. I just think they get too many episodes.

What I mostly hear from fans is that it'll be a hammer or something like that because she's apparently good with tools. Maybe I'm forgetting something, but I have no clue where that idea came from.

In the show stoppers apple bloom fixes up applejacks old club house after applejack gives it to the CMC. That basicly where that comes from.

In the show stoppers apple bloom fixes up applejacks old club house after applejack gives it to the CMC. That basicly where that comes from.

Ooooooh! That makes sense then. Gosh, I can't believe I missed that! Thanks for filling me in. Now I understand the point of view of AB fixing things. :lol:

I'd like to see Vinyl Scratch and/or Octavia make friends with Sweetie Belle and help her realize that singing is her real talent, then she gets her cutie mark. The same goes for Rainbow Dash for Scootaloo and AJ for Applebloom as her big sister.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I think Applebloom's cutie mark will be tools, and Sweetie Bell's CM will be something to do with music/singing. I'm not so sure about Scootaloo's CM being a scooter, but it's likely. Anyone else think it would look wierd for an adult pony (when Scootaloo grows up) to go around on a scooter all the time? I think so :P

There certainly is a limit to how long the trio can go without discovering their marks in-universe while maintaining believablility. Regardless of how vague it is, time is passing in-universe, and they can't stay that way forever.

I do think that there is a lot to be gained from each Crusader earning their marks one at a time, though, and that having them all earn their marks together and at the same time would be a bit of a waste. When the first one earns their mark, you get to deal with their feelings of exclusion from the group, since they don't fit in to their stated purpose anymore, and when the second one earns their mark, you get to deal with the last one left and how they feel.

• Brohoof 1

Huh. Didn't know that those toys were coming out yet.

I am really disapointed on Scootaloo's cutie mark on the toy. I mean, a heart and plus sign? Sounds like a doctor. Why can't it be a scooter! D: I'm sure that won't be there on the show, but still. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

I'm pretty sure the CMC will get their cutie marks. I mean, if they get their cutie marks, it'll be great for more episodes and all that. Applebloom can probably have a piece of fabric, a hammer, a saw, or all that type of stuff. Sweetie Belle's and Scootaloo's are pretty easy to determine. But I hope that they get them in at least the end of season 3 or somewhere in season 4. I think the CMC WILL get their cutie marks, and if they do, I hope their good and match their personalities and hobbies.

Edited by Pixiesong
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not sure what to say, i mean... They've already done something that could trigger some thoughts about what their special talent is (Talent show episode, when they're helping each other.) I mean, if they can't see it when it's right before them. I don't expect them to do it anytime soon either. I'm eager to see if the writers come up with cool explanation to why the CMC haven't figured it out earlier.

Could be because they're hanging around with each other too much. And expect to find something all three is good at.

I'm not sure what to say, i mean... They've already done something that could trigger some thoughts about what their special talent is (Talent show episode, when they're helping each other.) I mean, if they can't see it when it's right before them. I don't expect them to do it anytime soon either. I'm eager to see if the writers come up with cool explanation to why the CMC haven't figured it out earlier.

Could be because they're hanging around with each other too much. And expect to find something all three is good at.

I thought the episode made it pretty obvious why they didn't figure it out. They know that they are good at these things, but it wasn't what they wanted to be good at. Sweetie Belle didn't want to sing in front of a crowd, and wanted to be just like her sister, Scootaloo wanted to sing a rock ballad rather than dance, and Apple Bloom more or less took up the last role by default, figuing that she could do it.

To them, their ovious talents are just things that they do, rather than anything special. They aren't anything amazing that they want to be doing for the rest of their lives. Not yet, at least. They're so caught up in the fantasy of what they could be that they can't notice what they are.

Edited by Perpetual Lurker
  • Brohoof 3

I'm sure Scootaloo will have a scooter or a scooter wheel for a cutiemark.

A microphone or a lyric sheet for Sweetie Bell.

A zap apple for Applebloom as a cutiemark.

They will probably get their cutiemarks sooner or later, hopefully around the middle of Season 3. If the MLP:FiM series doesn't continue then they might get their cutiemarks in an ending or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Sweetie Belle (or sweaty, as the case may be) and Scootaloo were already existing ponies before this generation of FiM. Sweety came out as a Valentines day special and has hearts for a cutie mark. Scootaloo has a butterfly and some swirly junk around it. Only Apple Bloom didn't exist as an adult pony, so there's no saying what hers will be! I'm just curious how they'll ever explain the meaning of SB and Scoot's marks, since they seem irrelevant to what their personalities are in the show.

I personally don't think they will get their marks very soon. Definitely not in this season, I would hope (yes I said "hope", because if they did, that would basically mean the end of the Cutie Mark Crusaders!). I would not be surprised, and would actually be okay if they never did. Of course, it would be a nice way to end the show, with one of the last episodes being about them getting their CMs.

I think i would enjoy an episode of one of the CMC getting thier cutie marks then it shows how they are still friends even though they have - 1 member.

Since it looks so obivous that Sweetie is good at singing maybe it should go to her.

Yeah, I think they'll get them in the last or second to the last season. Sweetie Belle's will be a bell with a musical note circling around it, and Appleblooms will be a crayon, pastel or paint brush. Scootaloo's, despite many people thinking this, won't get a scooter for a cutie mark. I mean, is there a scooter for adults? I think RD will teach her how to fly, and then she discovers she can to acrobatic tricks, only their much faster than anypony's, and get her cutie mark, which will be...I dunno.

Scootaloo's, despite many people thinking this, won't get a scooter for a cutie mark. I mean, is there a scooter for adults?

She could always have a mobility scooter. You know electric scooters for old people. That would be a terrible cutie mark though. It would be pretty funny.

No. They may not have them. They must suffer forever

Im doubtful it will happen at all, let alone this season. Especially considering they announced more seasons. The whole point is that they dont have cutie marks. It gives them areas to make new stories.

I dont know... Maybe one will, could make for an interesting plotline (drum and cymbals roll down hill)