Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Think before you buy the Spring into Friendship DVD!

FirePuppy

Although we finally got the list of episodes that will be featured in this DVD, which can be found here:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-spring-into-friendship?product_id=6543

It only comprises of those from Seasons 1-4. So unless you wish to go retro, I don't recommend buying this DVD. The only thing I'm waiting for now before Season 8 comes out is the movie on Blu-ray.

• Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

I don't really have a reason for any of those dvds anyway, I buy the seasons. Maybe as a collector thing.

I think it’s meant for impulse gift buying for the holidays. “Oh, my nieces really love this show, I’ll get them this dvd,” sort of thing.

• Brohoof 5

8 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

I think the only compilation DVD that I got was friendship express, and that's cause it had the uncensored version of The Last Round up.  Everything else is on Netflix. 

Uncensored?  I got to know, what happened?

11 minutes ago, Mortar said:

Uncensored?  I got to know, what happened?

Oh, boy is that a can of worms you’re opening.

Long story short, Derpy(aka Muffins) was a big fandom thing during the first season, so they put her in a speaking role for the Last Roundup, and had Rainbow call her Derpy. Some mother decided that it was making fun of mental disabilities, and complained to Hasbro, so Hasbro cut out the name drop and changed her voice to be higher pitched. She also sort of vanished for a while. The fandom had a full on meltdown over it.

Edited by ShootingStar159

3 hours ago, ShootingStar159 said:

Oh, boy is that a can of worms you’re opening.

Long story short, Derpy(aka Muffins) was a big fandom thing during the first season, so they put her in a speaking role for the Last Roundup, and had Rainbow call her Derpy. Some mother decided that it was making fun of mental disabilities, and complained to Hasbro, so Hasbro cut out the name drop and changed her voice to be higher pitched. She also sort of vanished for a while. The fandom had a full on meltdown over it.

Haven't seen the censored version, but yeah, Derpy could do with a higher pitched voice.

6 hours ago, King of Canterlot said:

The only thing I plan on buying in DVD form is the MLP movie, pretty much everything else you can find online. 

That's exactly what I'm doing too, except in a Blu-ray combo.

1 hour ago, FirePuppy said:

That's exactly what I'm doing too, except in a Blu-ray combo.

I tend to buy merch to give away, rather than buy the eps on clumsy media - but have preordered the movie triple play, hoping there are some nice extras on the disks :)

2 hours ago, ShootingStar159 said:

I prefer the more "girly" voice for Derpy, I think it suits her better - but Disagree with editing out her name.

Almost ALL the ponies have some disfunction or other, especially the mane group, scoots and derpy.

One of the strengths of MLP is that they DO have those characters, flaws and all - Snowdrop should be cannon too.  But I can also see that MLP should be about accepting those flaws and showing that the ponies can and do make good friends and make a valuable contribution to their community - and Derpy's derpyness is being played for laughs here, which is not good (and is the thing they didn't fix). I have similar issues when Spike (who despite his age is often the voice of wisdom for the mane group and GlimGlam) is hit with the stupid stick to make the plot work.

• Brohoof 2