Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Features you would alter or remove entirely in specific games

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

I would remove the current "Cards Reforged" cards system from Paladins.

It's absolutely miserable. Basically to get your cards to a decent level now, you have to get 43 duplicates of them. Meaning since there are about 600 cards in the game, you'd need to collect at least 25,800 cards to get all of them on every champion. The worst part of all of it is that you CAN'T get cards unless you actually get a chest, which only gives you a maximum of 4 RANDOM cards (that's if you pay them to get the fourth slot). If you were the luckiest person alive, it would still take almost 6500 CHESTS TO GET THEM ALL.... You'll never get a tenth as many as that unless you BUY THEM. It turned the game into a complete sham, basically into a Pay 2 Win piece of trash. If you noticed, that's why it's gotten so many negative reviews recently. It's now pay to win. Of course it was to be expected because from my experiences with both Paladins and Smite, it's been made clear that Hi-Rez doesn't care about the people who play their games. They only care about their profits and the opinions of their management. Everyone who openly disagrees with them gets SILENCED on their forums. No joke.

What to replace it with? Oh I don't know... THE WAY THE CARDS SYSTEM WAS BEFORE THAT? Or perhaps the way it was BEFORE the way it was BEFORE that?

It seems modern games have become enormously bloated with unwanted features.  I have a whole list of things that needed to end up on the cutting room floor.

Deus Ex Human Revolution/Mankind Divided

-Remove the hacking minigame, this is a huge time waster and is nowhere near as interesting as the main game.  Stop interrupting the flow of the main game for these inane minigames.  What is wrong with a quick progress bar that will fill in 1-2 seconds and then does whatever the hacking was supposed to do?  The original Deus Ex did hacking (which was actually combinations of lock picking, electronics and hacking) so much better.  The same criticism go for similar mingames below.

Fallout 3/New Vegas/Fallout 4

-Again, ditch the worthless hacking minigame.

-Also, ditch the lock picking minigame.

-Make computers much easier and faster to navigate.

-Ditch the awful and bugged Fallout 4 dialogue system.  New Vegas did it so much better.

-Also ditch settlements in Fallout 4.

Prey

-Again, ditch the hacking minigame.  

-Flesh out the ending a bit more.  Otherwise this game is darn near perfect.

Civilization 6

-Eurekas and Inspirations are just gimmicky and add nothing to the game, and after a few games it gets downright silly to always kill one barbarian with a slinger for the archery eureka, build two forts I don't need for the siege tactics eureka, etc.  If the designers want me to progress down the tech tree differently each game, they need to properly balance the tech tree, not add this busywork BS.

-Corps/Armies/Fleets/Armadas:  Just commit to a design philosophy here.  Civ 6 is a one combat unit per tile game, don't try an appease people who hate this particular design decision with this bizarre compromise.  This is just unit technological upgrade by another name and with a weird interface.

-Finite use workers - This is far more micro intensive than the immortal workers in Civ 5. Bring back immortal workers.

-Trade Routes - There are far to many of them an it contributes to excessive micromanagement.  Just have them run in the background, I should not be ordering around individual trade units.

-Also make hills more clearly visible on the map, especially those with upgrades on districts on them.

Beyond Earth/Rising Tide

-Again, ditch the micro heavy trade routes.

-Consolidate city improvements.  There are way too many improvements each which only contributes small bonuses.  Fewer buildings with larger bonuses would greatly improve the game in this area.

-Choose one and only one system for technological advancement, either the tech web or the affinities.  These two systems have an almost diametrically opposed design philosophies and do not work well together at all.

Edited by Twilight Dirac

I would remove Smash Tour from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

I would also alter the move trigger in Geometry Dash so that you can only move decorative objects around, but not gameplay objects such as blocks, orbs, and portals. But I would only alter this if 2.0 was just coming out, because then so many levels would be completely broken and unplayable.

• 3 years later...

City building simulator from Fallout 4. I see what developers intended to do, being able to run your own settlement is a great idea and potentially leads to interesting mechanics with other fractions. But Bethesda chose the wrong way of developing it. It's interesting to run your settlement, not build it

• Brohoof 1

I would remove the missions system from Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. I liked running around and exploring at my own pace, rather than just doing specific little missions. Thankfully Nintendo went back to letting the player explore the Mansion freely in Luigi's Mansion 3.

Star Wars:  Squadrons, Fleet Battles vs. AI.  The whole part of the Star Destroyer where you’re forced to get up close:baconmane: to attack its 4 major systems:  targeting system, power system and the 2 shield generators.  You have to get so close to these 4 major things that you risk colliding:unamused: into the Star Destroyer and your ship takes damage.  Having your ship be still at a complete stop:wacko: to attack these imperial systems looks weird.  EA you could have improved letting our weapons be fired at a lengthy distance instead of firing them :angry:painfully up close. 

The Y-Wing has an R2 unit, but the cute thing can :mlp_wat:only repair the X-Wing?  When you switch to full shields on a Rebel ship, your laser fire is compromised to 5 or 8 seconds on :glimmer:all enemies.  EA you could have planned for lasers to be :smolder:beneficial on a longer count of seconds, you think? 

The AI allies, which also involves a Tantive IV Cruiser participating, don’t :bea:provide enough time to go full fury on a Star Destroyer to blow it to bits in one go.  The AI is inaccurate on small pockets of time to tell you which ship to switch to:okiedokieloki: that serves beneficial to a space battle.  Expect getting wiped out by enemy fire while you try :stressed:dishing damage on the Star Destroyer, including the long time you have to fly:lostit: to it.  EA you could :dry:hint at players maneuver techniques so they can continue flying alive. 

• 3 weeks later...

The platforming in Doom Eternal. I loved Doom 2016's fast-paced combat and arenas with great mobility, and while Eternal still has those things, I think they've gone a bit too far overboard by adding pretty large platforming sections into the game between combat arenas. It just kills the enjoyment for me because I suck at platforming and the sections don't feel nearly as organic as the combat arenas.

I also never liked the Festival Plaza in Pokémon Sun and Moon, and I really hated that you were forced to go there a couple of times throughout the main quest. Just have it as an optional area and leave it at that, please.

The Werehog from Sonic Unleashed. I honestly don't think it's as bad as some people say, but it definitely drags and just doesn't feel right. I'd probably cut half of the stages, because the music is just too good to waste.