Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler First 1 Hour Special Premieres February 17

PinkiePie97

9 hours ago, bwrosas said:

All I can say is this :

Hide contents

Sunset goes back via portal and the reunion you've all been waiting for happens. Should that be included in the Animated adaptation. 

Knew the spoilers already, but good thing I've resisted the temptation of buying the book

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ShadowSJG said:

Didn't the leaks say this will air in like the summer?

I think it mentioned a special will air in summer, but I guess it was that with the theme park and stuff :huh: 

Yo, there's a new promo, with one of the big selling points many of us knew before hand from the book adaptation

Possible thumbnail spoiler

Edited by Steve Piranha

17 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Yo, there's a new promo, with one of the big selling points many of us knew before hand from the book adaptation

Possible thumbnail spoiler

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

With how strong their friendship was in Rainbow Rocks, and how much I ship the two together, I am definitely looking forward to seeing Sunset and Princess Twilight interact with one another for the first time sense that movie.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't been checking out the promos, but given what spoilers I have heard, and given the surprisingly high quality of everything from the Summertime Shorts forward, I'm starting to get excited. I so, so, so hope this sticks the landing. 

What?  In that case this is one case where I think I should read the book first rather than the other way around.  It has been in my backlog for a while, but that means I only have three days to read it!  *Crams four chapters in before work*  You know, part of me thinks life was simpler before I became a Brony.  Wait, is YouTube recommending yet another EQG short I haven't seen?  I thought I had seen them all!

Not long to go now before the special airs. I also suspect there will be plenty of discussion to go around once it becomes available.

• Brohoof 1

I was wondering, can we say forgotten friendship is set back in time/before some of the EQG series episodes, seeing as they mentioned a fall school play and forgotten friendship is about the yearbook being worked on?

LOL XD, it's over 3am around here. Chances are, I'll be asleep when the special airs. Why so late? Playing Majora's Mask ironically enough  :D. Anyway, here are the final hours before some Sunny 

Since I don't have access to Discovery Family, I'm going to have to resort to watching the special online through the usual channels.

• Brohoof 1

It may sound strange, but I actually think I prefer the book, though only slightly.  I think Celestia's method for securing the restricted section in the book is much more secure, and there are quite a few instances where minor dialogue differences and Sunset's inner monologues in the book add a little bit to their respective scenes.  Still, I do like that we got two more songs out of this special, and it just shows how faithful an adaptation the book really is (since I'm assuming the special was planned first even though it ended up releasing later).  Plus, I'm glad the book doesn't try to include the songs this time and/or try to change up lyrics when simple dialogue and monologues work better in a book, unless songs are actually meant to be songs, such as when the Rainbooms perform.

Maybe my opinion has been slightly affected by the order in which I checked out both versions of the story.  I've always watched the films/specials before reading the book as the books are obviously adaptations.  Earlier on I didn't even know there were novelizations but even if I had, I like to check out the original source material first.  I've even held off on reading the books the last couple times when they released slightly before their respective films/shorts for that reason.  I bought the book this time months ago but it got backlogged until a few days ago.  I still decided to check it out first though as that's the order most fans have experienced the story up until now, plus it was a good chance to see things the other way (not that I don't get my fill of that with other franchises).

Overall, I'm glad I checked out both the book and the special, and the latter does have more appeal for those who would rather watch something than read and/or only think of animated specials as canon.  

18 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Since I don't have access to Discovery Family, I'm going to have to resort to watching the special online through the usual channels.

Equestria Daily has a dailymotion link up. I'll keep it general like that, since I don't want to get in trouble for posting links myself.