Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike's development (S8 spoilers)

CastletonSnob

Spoiler

What do you think of Spike getting wings in S8? I think it's great that it finally happened, but I also worry that it's happened too late in the show to really make a difference. He won't get the development he deserves.

• Brohoof 1

Spoiler

I personally prefer wingless Spike. It seems too little, too late, as well. Maybe if it had happened earlier in the series it would have been interesting and fresh, but Spike has already had so much development and so many opportunities for him to (permanently) physically grow up that it feels like the point where it should have happened passed a long time ago. Now, it just feels shallow and like the writers have run out of ideas.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, chroniqlo said:
Spoiler

I personally prefer wingless Spike. It seems too little, too late, as well. Maybe if it had happened earlier in the series it would have been interesting and fresh, but Spike has already had so much development and so many opportunities for him to (permanently) physically grow up that it feels like the point where it should have happened passed a long time ago. Now, it just feels shallow and like the writers have run out of ideas.

If you think about it, Spike's had a good bit of development. 

It honestly should have happened sooner, but at least it's happening. I guess they didn't want to give two characters wings in close proximity :P

• Brohoof 1

Guys, this stuff hasn't even aired yet. It's one thing to discuss spoilers from aired episodes, but as this stuff is from the leak I went ahead and spoiled everything. Please, when discussing anything from S8 and the like; spoiler it from view.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 1

I loved Spikey Wickey's wings sprout, but I agree it took too long for another development like this (still waiting for alicorn Mane6 or Sunny 

:unamused:). Not only it's because it happened after so long, and 5 seasons after Twilicorn, but also because of the high possibility of the end being neigh :sunny:

On 1/14/2018 at 8:31 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Hide contents

I loved Spikey Wickey's wings sprout, but I agree it took too long for another development like this (still waiting for alicorn Mane6 or Sunny 

:unamused:). Not only it's because it happened after so long, and 5 seasons after Twilicorn, but also because of the high possibility of the end being neigh :sunny:

Spoiler

Hopefully "Father Knows Beast" will help reveal Spikes origin. And maybe his "dad" can knock him out of his crush on Rarity. 

And best of all...

Spoiler

Maybe this will show a first true family spat with Twilight and Spike, her still thinking his pops is up to no good, only for Spike to snap at her, and blurts out in anger "YOU'RE NOT MY FAMILY!" causing a bit of silence between then and Twilight obviously hurt, so with a heavy heart she let's him go.