Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

I have a question before I get to it. But when my humble earth mage uses magic. Am I allowed to make it a mix of normal magic and some perhaps earth bending like out of Avatar for instance?

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Mentis Soliloquy said:

I have a question before I get to it. But when my humble earth mage uses magic. Am I allowed to make it a mix of normal magic and some perhaps earth bending like out of Avatar for instance?

What do you mean by 'normal magic'? Do you mean like whatever brand of earth elemental control is standard for this RP?

@Mentis Soliloquy hmm no because in avatar you needed to do gestures and dances to do anything. Sooo if someone was bound they would be useless, I would say it works more as I guess to say Fairy Tail or other animes where you can just do it sorta magic. Unless you wish something else hit me up on discord we can hash out the details better XD

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Biohazarddallas said:

My OC Elias would thrive here

Looks pretty fitting to the RP setting, I must say.

Just gotta fill out an application. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

My subjects have been approved. Now I just need approval for the teachers themselves.

Oh, yes, the subjects were magic in history, proto-thaumaturgy, and enchantment/animism, right?

The subjects are fine, but you haven't submitted the teachers yet, just mentioned that you had two or three teachers in mind besides Angel, who's already approved.

Three teachers I think would be the maximum number for any one person to roleplay, so everyone gets an opportunity to participate with faculty members.

Edited by Duality

1 minute ago, Duality said:

Oh, yes, the subjects were magic in history, proto-thaumaturgy, and enchantment/animism, right?

The subjects are fine, but you haven't submitted the teachers yet, just mentioned that you had two or three teachers in mind besides Angel, who's already approved.

Three teachers I think would be the maximum number for any one person to roleplay, so everyone gets an opportunity to participate with faculty members.

How many teachers do we have compared to students? 

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

How many teachers do we have compared to students? 

5 students and 3 teachers, so far, not counting the principal, so if you have any more than 2 additional teachers we'll have more teachers than students. :crackle:

Just now, Duality said:

5 students and 3 teachers, so far, not counting the principal, so if you have any more than 2 additional teachers we'll have more teachers than students. :crackle:

But how many classes are we having? 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Well it wouldn't be much fo a school a RP with only two classes. So I'll throw in two more teachers. 

Sure thing, just need their applications.

Edited by Duality

@Duality 

So we've got:

Name: Tachibana Miko

Spoiler

miko.thumb.jpg.4d582e9dbe427866da9d7f61e3d64c8c.jpg

Personality: Loud, obnoxious, animated, eccentric and energetic. Miko likes to tease, argue, rant, rave, basically never shut up. She welcomes a challenge, though will see it as a game and try to make a show of it.  She's unorthodox to say the least. but there's method to her madness.

Backstory: a loud proud member of the Kitsune race, Miko had a knack for performance, whether that be starting mosh pits, hamming it up in a theater or doing daredevil stunts. That all changed when was given the traditional coming of age ceremony for Kitsune, where a kit chooses their path in life by being presented with four bowls, each with a talisman representing a force of nature to guide them through life. Most kits just pick whatever sounds cool. Miko didn't get that luxury. For on a rare instance, the talismans came to life and embodied their elements of earth, fire, water, and lightning. This was when her family knew she had the gift, and Miko was drawn to something she couldn't see, but she could hear. It called to her, and she clinched the heat in her hands. Sound itself. 

At that moment, her head dreams were dashed and she was sent to magical school to be an audiomancer. and she hated it. Not that she didn't learn anything, she learned a lot. But most of it was outside of school, in the library or self taught practice, being given a one size must fit all education. A shot gun approach that gave her a little of everything, but little of any of it to use. And she was expected to go out into the world with a bunch of other half trained, hormone fueled WMDs? Nah uh! this problem needed to be addressed.

So to save the world, she went and studied education, and would show the world how the gifted should be taught, and that retooling a lesson to fit just one student can make all the difference. 

Name: Mindie Fenris

Spoiler

Cynicallybankrupt by Korukitty

Personality: Reserved and soft spoken, Mindie is a gentle giantess. She wishes to have meaningful conversations with others if they didn't find her amazons stature or aloof  appearance so intimidating. She can be caring and affection if allowed to, but can flip to a steeled focus and deadly calm when provoked, and easily show why people are so scared of wolves all the time. 

Backstory: A member of the Garou tribes of Scandanavia, Mindy is part of a long line of protectors of this realm, privy to the different faucets of the world that lay before the sleeping mortals. She knows of their glory, and their danger. it was her destiny to aid the world regarding this. How would be determined by who she was and what choices she made. And that how would be her interest in history, whether that be of her homeland, the wars that were fought there, or of her own peoples lineage. Learning for the past would help keep the mistakes from being repeated. And what better way than to educate new generations so that they don't make those mistakes to begin with?  And having the ancient power of the storm gods flowing through her veins, it made put her into a position to teach the most important people of all. 

• Brohoof 2

23 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

@Duality 

So we've got:

Name: Tachibana Miko

Reveal hidden contents

miko.thumb.jpg.4d582e9dbe427866da9d7f61e3d64c8c.jpg

Personality: Loud, obnoxious, animated, eccentric and energetic. Miko likes to tease, argue, rant, rave, basically never shut up. She welcomes a challenge, though will see it as a game and try to make a show of it.  She's unorthodox to say the least. but there's method to her madness.

Backstory: a loud proud member of the Kitsune race, Miko had a knack for performance, whether that be starting mosh pits, hamming it up in a theater or doing daredevil stunts. That all changed when was given the traditional coming of age ceremony for Kitsune, where a kit chooses their path in life by being presented with four bowls, each with a talisman representing a force of nature to guide them through life. Most kits just pick whatever sounds cool. Miko didn't get that luxury. For on a rare instance, the talismans came to life and embodied their elements of earth, fire, water, and lightning. This was when her family knew she had the gift, and Miko was drawn to something she couldn't see, but she could hear. It called to her, and she clinched the heat in her hands. Sound itself. 

At that moment, her head dreams were dashed and she was sent to magical school to be an audiomancer. and she hated it. Not that she didn't learn anything, she learned a lot. But most of it was outside of school, in the library or self taught practice, being given a one size must fit all education. A shot gun approach that gave her a little of everything, but little of any of it to use. And she was expected to go out into the world with a bunch of other half trained, hormone fueled WMDs? Nah uh! this problem needed to be addressed.

So to save the world, she went and studied education, and would show the world how the gifted should be taught, and that retooling a lesson to fit just one student can make all the difference. 

Name: Mindie Fenris

Reveal hidden contents

Cynicallybankrupt by Korukitty

Personality: Reserved and soft spoken, Mindie is a gentle giantess. She wishes to have meaningful conversations with others if they didn't find her amazons stature or aloof  appearance so intimidating. She can be caring and affection if allowed to, but can flip to a steeled focus and deadly calm when provoked, and easily show why people are so scared of wolves all the time. 

Backstory: A member of the Garou tribes of Scandanavia, Mindy is part of a long line of protectors of this realm, privy to the different faucets of the world that lay before the sleeping mortals. She knows of their glory, and their danger. it was her destiny to aid the world regarding this. How would be determined by who she was and what choices she made. And that how would be her interest in history, whether that be of her homeland, the wars that were fought there, or of her own peoples lineage. Learning for the past would help keep the mistakes from being repeated. And what better way than to educate new generations so that they don't make those mistakes to begin with?  And having the ancient power of the storm gods flowing through her veins, it made put her into a position to teach the most important people of all. 

They look great! Decisively approved.

Is Mindie the proto-thaumism/history teacher and Tachibana the enchantment/animism teacher?