Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

2 minutes ago, Alexshy said:

Still... Anypony explaineth me, what the hay about the "ancestors"? 0.o

I'm sorry...my great grandparents were Polish and worked on a farm. My grandpa used to tell me stories of how hard they worked. Get up a 4am and work till sundown, then clean the house in the evening. He had to start working a job (in a packing factory I think) when he was 13 to take of his mother. His dad had passed, and 13 of his brothers and sisters died from scarlet fever within a couple weeks. I grew up in a Detroit suburb with many Polish neighbors, many of whom flew the Polish Eagle from their porch awnings. We used to go to Hamtramck for Pączki before Ash Wednesday, and of course the Polish Festival for unbelievable fresh Kielbasa. My grandmother told me stories of when she was young, the many Polish people in Hamtramck would scour the entire city - even get on their hands and knees and clean the streets, for spring cleaning.

• Brohoof 4

2 minutes ago, Nightmare Mirage said:

I'm sorry...my great grandparents were Polish and worked on a farm. My grandpa used to tell me stories of how hard they worked. Get up a 4am and work till sundown, then clean the house in the evening. He had to start working a job (in a packing factory I think) when he was 13 to take of his mother. His dad had passed, and 13 of his brothers and sisters died from scarlet fever within a couple weeks. I grew up in a Detroit suburb with many Polish neighbors, many of whom flew the Polish Eagle from their porch awnings. We used to go to Hamtramck for Pączki before Ash Wednesday, and of course the Polish Festival for unbelievable fresh Kielbasa. My grandmother told me stories of when she was young, the many Polish people in Hamtramck would scour the entire city - even get on their hands and knees and clean the streets, for spring cleaning.

Apologies... I thought, it was some allegory forum-wise. Squee!..

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Nightmare Mirage said:

@King of Canterlot Ah! What do you like about it? Have you been there?

The history! I love anything historical related, I want to someday possibly be a history professor at a college or be a museum curator. Alas, I've never been there myself, but going to Moscow or Saint Petersburg to see The Winter Palace would make for a very neat trip! :ooh:   

• Brohoof 4

Just now, King of Canterlot said:

The history! I love anything historical related, I want to someday possibly be a history professor at a college or be a museum curator. Alas, I've never been there myself, but going to Moscow or Saint Petersburg to see The Winter Palace would make for a very neat trip! :ooh:   

Indeed! I like Russia too. I had a couple Russian online friends some years ago and they were really funny! Crazy, but funny!  :D

• Brohoof 3

I just drank the first cup of coffee of the day, but I don't think I could've found a worst time to drink it. It's around an hour until my bedtime and I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. :sunny: But I gotta say, that iced coffee was amazing! So I guess that makes all my sleepless hours tonight worthwhile. :P

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Wannabrony said:

I just drank the first cup of coffee of the day, but I don't think I could've found a worst time to drink it. It's around an hour until my bedtime and I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. :sunny: But I gotta say, that iced coffee was amazing! So I guess that makes all my sleepless hours tonight worthwhile. :P

There's nothing like a Hot Fudge Sunday before bed, trust me! :orly:

• Brohoof 3