Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

2 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

Yes, I am talking about Uni. Gotta start young or you will regret it later in life. :mlp_icwudt:

Maybe... but what kind of perks would a University offer over a College or a trade School? :ooh:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, The Recherche said:

That's true... though I'm not sure if that profession appeals to me, quite honestly. :ooh:

Too true.  It is a very niche profession that requires a certain type of pony to really do and enjoy it.

Image result for mlp crazy gif

• Brohoof 2

Maybe... but what kind of perks would a University offer over a College or a trade School? :ooh:

That's not for me to decide but for you to. Just pick what you think will suit you and go on from there. Unless you want to be working minimum wage for the rest of you life. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Cash In said:

You all seem to be doing well.

I'm doing alright myself. I'm just searching though pony art, for the fanclubs.

Noice! Let me know if you find any good Rarara images~! :proud:

2 hours ago, PiratePony said:

Oh I went through that when I was a mod.

You too, huh? I suppose I'm not alone, then~!

2 hours ago, PiratePony said:

Part time jobs are great when you're young. I wish I had done more.

Yea, I'm hoping to get a headstart through one. :grin: I'm not sure where I'll be starting, but I plan to find one one day.

2 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

That's not for me to decide but for you to. Just pick what you think will suit you and go on from there. Unless you want to be working minimum wage for the rest of you life. :adorkable:

Fair enough. I might have to look into it further soon. :grin:

• Brohoof 3

Just now, TheTaZe said:

To be fair, I am trying to SAVE money, not spend all of it now. :sealed:

If you'll SAVE money, you can always LOAD them back if you'll spend all of it. ;) 

Seriously though, yeah- out of curiosity, saving for something specific? :catface:

• Brohoof 3

Just now, TheTaZe said:

Eh, trade schools are great. If you're a skilled mechanic, HVAC technician, plumber, or the like you're practically guaranteed a good living.

On a side note, my boss is a high school graduate pulling in 6 figures and is 2 years younger than me. I have a master's degree.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

Aren't College and University the same thing? :ooh:

I'm not sure; they're awfully similar, but I think there's a small difference or two...

Correct me if I'm wrong, though. :please:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Rikifive said:

If you'll SAVE money, you can always LOAD them back if you'll spend all of it. ;) 

Seriously though, yeah- out of curiosity, saving for something specific? :catface:

Not exactly. Maybe eventual computer upgrades but those can wait for awhile.

I just want to have money in-case of something I want down the line.

Just now, PiratePony said:

Eh, trade schools are great. If you're a skilled mechanic, HVAC technician, plumber, or the like you're practically guaranteed a good living.

On a side note, my boss is a high school graduate pulling in 6 figures and is 2 years younger than me. I have a master's degree.

I mean... Some people are MUCH luckier than others when it comes to this stuff. Furthering education helps, but you have to have connections to actually get somewhere in life

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

I'm not sure; they're awfully similar, but I think there's a small difference or two...

Correct me if I'm wrong, though. :please:

Let's do some research!

Image result for mlp twilight reading

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
6 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

Not exactly. Maybe eventual computer upgrades but those can wait for awhile.

I just want to have money in-case of something I want down the line.

Yeah, that's a good idea.

I was saving for a relatively long time and it happened to be helpful when my PC broke. :adorkable: But I guess--- glad that happened. Now I can work way more efficiently with the current one. :P The timing was kinda bad though, in the middle of the contest... yay for a wasted project, that I planned to submit. I totally would win these $10000:twi:

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 2

Universities can grant Bachelor's degrees and above, standalone colleges can usually only grant 2 year associates degrees. In the USA at least.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Oh my god, all the lights in my house just went out for a few seconds then came back on, I was kicked off the internet for a moments too :wacko:

We're having a bad thunderstorm right now, @Sliding Bolt did you loose your electricity for a few minutes too?

Edited by King of Canterlot
  • Brohoof 1

Ayy, those are pretty sweet~! Thank you very much! :D

Was that a pun? :mlp_icwudt:

Maaaaaybe :mlp_icwudt:

So it looks like, in the U.S. anyways, A University is a group of schools that offer both bachelor and graduate degrees.  Where a College is a single school that usually only offers a bachelor's degree and very rarely offer a graduate's degree.   

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Rising Dusk said:

Maaaaaybe :mlp_icwudt:

So it looks like, in the U.S. anyways, A University is a group of schools that offer both bachelor and graduate degrees.  Where a College is a single school that usually only offers a bachelor's degree and very rarely offer a graduate's degree.   

I mean, I guess it's up to the person how much student loan debt they want to be in :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 minute ago, TheTaZe said:

I mean, I guess it's up to the person how much student loan debt they want to be in :wacko:

And it seems like Universities offer more options, degree wise, where a college might be more focused.

I went to a University, so can't speak the most expertly about a single College.

Most the time I just hear the terms used interchangeably.

Edited by Rising Dusk
  • Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Rising Dusk said:

And it seems like Universities offer more options, degree wise, where a college might be more focused.

I went to a University, so can't speak the most expertly about a single College.

Most the time I just hear the terms used interchangeably.

I'm currently going to go a college. The college is privately owned but has New York State accreditation. It also has 19 other campuses, so I guess you can call it a university too even though they call themselves a college. :please:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, TheTaZe said:

I'm currently going to go a college. The college is privately owned but has New York State accreditation. It also has 19 other campuses, so I guess you can call it a university too even though they call themselves a college. :please:

The difference between the two words might be dying out and it just really comes down to whatever the school wants to be named. :ooh:

18 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

Oh my god, all the lights in my house just went out for a few seconds then came back on, I was kicked off the internet for a moments too :wacko:

We're having a bad thunderstorm right now, @Sliding Bolt did you loose your electricity for a few minutes too?

You still here or did you lose power

• Brohoof 3

His status is "Just now" so I think he is still here :derp:

• Brohoof 1

Still here, it had gone out for a few minutes then came back on, so I made that post, then like two minutes later the power went down again but only for a few seconds that time, but I'm back now :squee:

• Brohoof 2