Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Recent Flaw with the Private Messages Feature

Envy

I've noticed that recently when I've been getting private messages and I've been clicking on the discussion from the "Messages" notification tab at the top right corner of the website, it has loaded to the top of the first page of the discussion instead of the most recent post in the discussion on the most recent page like it should. This is a bit of an annoyance!

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. I wasn't sure whether this should go in Feedback or Site Questions and Tech Support. For all I know, it could only be me that is facing this, but I assumed it's just the way the feature worked after an update to the forum, so I decided to post it here. Please move it if I'm wrong!

• Brohoof 7

You're not the only one, I've been wondering on that one too. ;) 

I agree it's inconvenient, that clicking a conversation from the inbox (in notification tab at the top) doesn't lead us to the latest message in that conversation. It just throws us at the beginning instead, having to go to the last page && scroll down manually every time we want to see the message we've got. :twi: 

beEWGks.png WARNING: Egghead stuff below Crazy.png

I took a look at this and it turns out, that there's a lack of 'latest' suffix in the links in there.
What does that mean?
That means, that when you'll hover over a conversation in your inbox, the redirecting link currently looks like this:

https://mlpforums.com/messenger/[msg_id]/

where [msg_id] is the ID of the conversation, an integer like '123456'.

Nothing fancy, huh?
But now copy the link and add that latest suffix:

https://mlpforums.com/messenger/[msg_id]/?latest=1

And voila! This link will lead you to the latest message of the conversation specified by its ID. :yay: 

TRIVIA: In the inbox page there's the 'Messages' list to the left. There, that suffix is applied to the links, but it doesn't have any effect there. However, clicking the message and refreshing the page afterwards will load the messages with 'latest' set to true, which means, that clicking&refreshing will do the thing.

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 5

• 3 months later...
(edited)

KFwIJEW.gif

I'd like to bring more attention to that issue, as it really is inconvenient. :rarity: 

Any chances to get it fixed? Make messaging great again please. :please:

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...