Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Outcasts of Society (1x1 with Shadow Dancer)

Sphinx-Ara

OOC HERE

It was the middle of a cool Autumn evening, and a shy blue unicorn mare in a corset dress, combat boots, a small tophat, glasses, a trenchcoat and a hooded robe was walking through the empty streets of Manehatten. The mare seemed to softly singing to herself as she walked, seemingly to either a bar or the forest behind the bar.

" Please come back to me there’s so much we could be
Please come back, with voltage i invoke
Please come back from empty cracks and berths of black
Come to me, i’m summoning the Ghost

Be my angel, my angel
Be my angel, rescue me
be my angel, my angel
be an angel be with me

Please come back from bowels of black
From silent shores to me once more
Through veils and gates and seas of slate
To blood wet moors where i await ashore"

Were the words she sung, it was a song she sung whenever she thought she was alone and by the sounds of it, she was waiting for someone to return to her. The strange mare then made a quick turn into the forest behind the dimly lit bar and went into it, bending down to harvest some roots and berries she had found growing there.

"And done." Indicus said sliding his blade out of another bodyguards chest before wiping his blade while looking at the stallion cowering before him. "Now then after doing this hard way will you pay me for my work?" Indicus got a nod from the stallion who got up unlocked a safe sitting behind him and took out a bag filled with bits and tossed them to Indicus. 

Indicus caught then inspected the bag for a moment even doing a magical scan, after determining the contents safe he put the pouch under his grey trench coat. "It was a pleasure doing business with you." Indicus then walked out of the large mansion, passing over a couple dozen bodies on his way out. 

Not really feeling like going back into the city of Manehatten he walked towards the forest behind the mansion. "That is the second time this month I have had a unicorn client try to kill me after a job. Fucking uptight bastards, thinking that because I'm a hybrid of a thestral and unicorn no less that I am somehow shaming unicorns everywhere by breathing. At least the common citizen has the decency to just pretend I don't exist."

Indicus continued to grumble while blood covered his trench coat pants, boots and even manage to get on his fur, unaware that there was someone that could hear him.   

Arcania didn't seem to notice, as she was still harvesting things she knew would be useful, and softly singing to herself.

"What may please does not content
all resolves but never ends
all that comforts is not true
all you love does not love you "

Still unaware of the stallion nearby, she continues to harvest roots, flowers, berries and the such but then she accidentally cuts herself with her dagger and swears "Buck it! Stupid bucking blade!" she growls out loud as she uses her magic to shoot the blade into a nearby tree, the blade almost hilting. "Oh for..." she grumbles

A mare's singing knocked him out of his trance for a second before the singing is stopped in favor of cursing and he gets close enough to see that the mare was a unicorn and just launched her dagger into a tree. Deciding to be nice he approaches noticing she was gathering different flora. Indicus walks up to the tree and yanked the dagger out before holding it hilt first towards the mare. All the while hoping that she dose not run off screaming bloody murder because of the blood that was covering him.  "Here's your dagger ma'am." 

Arcania blinks for a moment before looking the stallion up and down and then taking the dagger, cleaning it and sheathing it, then bows "Thank you kind sir, but you must not be from around here to be so kind to me, most ponies around here...give me a wide berth" she says with a slight chuckle. "The name is Arcania Starmane by the way, a pleasure" she says as she then holds out her hand to him, on her hand was a exquisite ring.

Indicus chuckles and shakes Arcania's hand. "Well fortunately for you I am not most ponies. Name's Indicus Vencule and before you ask yes it is a griffin name." Indicus then notices the ring on Arcania's hand. "Nice ring, an heirloom i suppose?"

Arcania smiles "Figured you're an out of towner" she says and then nods "Well, yes and no, just not mine. It was given to me as payment" she says and smiles "I'm the resident alchemeist and arcane mage, hence the wide berth, as you may well know, ponies are very suspect of magic that isn't 'unicorn' magic" she says then notices the blood "Let me guess,Unicorn trying to kill you for a job?" she asks

Indicus nodded, "Ah that explains a lot.I used to know an alchemist back home, she was a nice hen must have seen her a million times when I was sick." Indicus shakes his head. "Yea a unicorn decided a bat-pony unicorn hybrid was some slight and tried to have his guards kill me." Indicus suddenly laughed  "Hell I bet he tried and failed to get the Assassin's guild on my ass, helps to have friends in low places."

Arcania laughs "Speaking of, another reason why I'm given a wide berth" she says as she shows the ring again "Payment by the leader of the guild. I actually am their alchemist and arcane mage, but you know...only way people recognize it..the ring, oh and the cloak" she says and shakes her head "And yeah, xenophobia is rife in this area, I really need to get out, but..you know..money is tight"

"I can understand that. Have to keep doing jobs to keep a place over my head. My military pensions from home and Princess Luna run dry quick when the damn land lord can keep rates high because he's the only one that will accept non-equestrian or hybrid tenets and has room greedy bastard." Indicus cursed "Moved here for job opportunities like most got shunted so I find myself doing assassin and thief work. Guilds don't mind me being a lone operative as long as they get a cut."

Indicus did another once over and noticed the blood on his fur was dry and it was the same with the blood that some how made it under his cloths. Then as his luck would have a natural  thunder storm occurred. "Well this sounds like my luck, I'll need a through bath and there is a storm. Fuck my life."

Arcania smiles and looks to her blade "Well..you were kind enough to retrieve my blade for me and not use it on me, when most others around here would." she says "Least I could do is give you shelter and let you use the shower. One act of kindness deserves another, so what do you say?" she asks with nothing but a small smile on her face "Who knows, i might even feed you for the night too" she then smiles "Same, my main customers are the guilds, but I am a lone operator"

Indicus smiled, "I would make a joke about inviting a guy over after the first date but I'm a bit too tired. But yes I will take you up on your offer. Thank you." Indicus picked up her basket and gestured for Arcania to lead the way.

"And picking up my basket too? My, such a gentlestallion" she says and then started leading the way, her tail swaying and jokes "Who knows, I might just keep you around" she giggles "guilds are great and all, but can't rely on them for protection"

Indicus followed Arcania with a smile and his eyes may have wandered a bit. "Dad would slug me from his grave if I did anything less for such a pretty looking mare like you." Indicus responded enjoying the treat of an actual conversation that was for more then business or to get a discount at the bar.

Arcania blushed, but thanked the gods that her hood concealed it "P-pretty? M-me?" she asks, cursing to herself that she let herself stutter like that "N-no one has e-ever genuinely called me p-pretty before"

Indicus had to stop for a moment to process what he just heard before he moved next to Arcania. "Wait you haven't had anyone mare or stallion call you pretty?" Indicus said genuinely shocked even just seeing her wearing what she was wearing he could tell she was quite the looker. At a slight loss of words, he hugged her from the side as they walked feeling a bit sorry for her. "That just sounds wrong. How could so many not at least acknowledge that you look great?"

She blushed even more and looks down "Never, remember, wide berth" she says "Sure there's guild members but you know" she says and blushed even more deeply as she feels him hugging her from the side and telling her she looked great. "T-thank mr Vencule"

Indicus continued to walk along side Arcania, with a smile they made it out of the forest and now they just had to make it to Arcania's place. It is then a question forms in his mind. "I heard a part of your song just before you hurt yourself. It was beautiful, mind telling me the story behind it?"

"O-oh the song..well it's just something I sing to myself when alone. It's kind of.." she sighs "a project I've been working on, It's kind of..forbidden though, I want to raise my father from the dead, put his spirit in a doll"

Indicus nods his head, "Ah I see. I have played a little with necromancy over the years and wish you luck. But I will warn you that if your father is dining with the gods raising him becomes more like a summoning and there is always a chance he may answer but not want to be resurrected." Indicus's ears drooped a little along with his posture.  Indicus saw a modestly sized hut ahead and pointed at it. "I'm guessing that is your place."

Arcania nodded, still walking close to him "Indeed it is, it's small but it's home. the stone hut next to it guarded by wards, well that's my workshop" she says as she leads the way and then uses her magic to unlock a ward then the door, opening the door for Indicus "guests first" she says softly, the bathroom is to the left, second door. There is a fresh towel hanging up and I can see if any of my father's old clothing might fit you"

Indicus gave Arcania an appreciative nod. "Thank  you." Then using her instructions he went inside the bathroom and closed the door. Soon enough the water was turned on and Indicus was washing all the dried blood that got stuck on his fur out. Several minutes later the water was turned off and Indicus started to dry himself off. Then out of a long habit of living alone he wrapped the towel around his waist preserving his modesty and exited the bathroom. Scars covering his chest, back, and stomach that were once hidden under his clothing were now fully visible. Each with a story and lesson attached, leaving little doubt about the type of life Indicus lived.

Arcania smiled as she heard the water turn off "I laid out some of my father's old clothing on the bed Indicus, I hope they fit and are to your liking" she says from the living room. Indeed, on the bed were some clothes laid out, some trousers, boots, a few shirts and a few coats. "After you've gotten dressed, I've got some tea and coffee brewing" she says as she went back to her book "Biscuits are baking in the oven, when they're finished and cooled down, help yourself dear"

Indicus looked at the cloths laying before him and selected a plain white shirt, brown trousers, a grey coat and put on the boots. He then headed into the kitchen and made himself a cup of tea feeling it was a bit late for him to have coffee. By the time he was done the biscuits were ready and so he took them out of the oven and with a spell turned them from scalding hot to nice and toasty warm. Putting a couple on a plate he took the tea and biscuits into the living room and sat on the couch. "Thanks for all this Arcania, may the gods bless such a generous soul."

She smiles "It is the least I can do for you, you're the first friendly non guild pony I've come across" she says, using her magic to lift a biscuit to herself and nibbles on it "Hmm I think I can afford it" she says softly to herself, she then puts her book down and smiles "Tell you what Indicus, you need a roof over your head and money. I need someone who can protect me and perhaps, keep me company" she says, then gently rests her hand on his "How about this? You get free board,room, food, company and you get paid for protecting me and keeping me company?"