Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do we *really* know about background ponies?

Mysterycat

Okay, so the fandom has speculated on the background ponies' personalities, but most of it is just fanon. In the "real" Equestria, the community's theories may not be true at all. This isn't to say they're definitely not true, it's just to get us thinking.

• Derpy: We know that's her name and that she's clumsy because of "The Last Roundup". We also know she's a mailmare because one of the comics involved her delivering the mail, and we know she likes muffins, but is she really obsessed with them? And we know she's clumsy but is she really dumb like some people think? Clumsy does not necessarily equal dumb.
  • Lyra and Bon Bon: We know that Bon Bon's real name is Sweetie Drops, but that she calls herself Bon Bon as a code name and that Lyra's name really is Lyra and that they're best friends from "Slice of Life". We also know that Lyra is a bit wacky from seeing her do wacky things in the background. However, does one really have a crush on the other or is that just all shipping? Is Lyra really an anthropologist? Does she really know what humans even are? After all, we've seen lots of ponies sitting upright.
  • Time Turner: An official description of him said his job had to do with time, I think, and his cutie mark is an hourglass but can he really travel through time? For that matter, is he really in love with Derpy?
  • Dinky: She was seen at the Sisterhooves Social with both Derpy and Amethyst Star, so are they sisters? Cousins? Is she really the daughter of Derpy?
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
10 hours ago, Mysterycat said:

Derpy: We know that's her name and that she's clumsy because of "The Last Roundup".

Unfortunately, it's not her official name anymore. After that stupid scandal she is officially Muffins (I'll never accept this!). And she is a mailmare not only in comics, but in the show too. We also know that as a filly she was a promising flier, but her eyes problem turned her into what she is now, even surgery didn't help. Plus, we know that she frequently appears with Dr. Whooves, wants to become a princess and likes muffins.

Well, I can talk about background ponies all day long, so I'll just stop now. But we know plenty about those you mentioned and some other bg ponies too, especially thanks to the recent seasons.

Edited by Oleks
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...