Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health What do you know about the human body?

ArtsyGirl13

@ArtsyGirl13

I have gone ahead and edited this thread just a bit so it is a bit more suitable for discussion.

Thank you

:)

Edited by The Wife of Law

• The title was changed to What do you know about the human body?

I know this more from dogs but it applies to people too.

Once you've reached full maturity/grown to full size, your liver and kidneys can take up the tasks there on of the spleen, meaning you can live without.

@ArtsyGirl13

Something to do with it helping in producing blood while your bones are growing. Then the marrow fully takes over in blood production and the spleen serves as an aditional bodily filter. Good to have but no longer necessary.

Anyone who knows better is welcome to correct me. :P

5 hours ago, CelestiAlicorn said:

The human body has some similarities with the equine body.

Otherwise... Ahum, No comment! *giggling*

Yes, yes, but so what!, it's Friday isn't it?

Celestia_f.thumb.jpeg.0df2abf0831cf13a6dbce3f7315f8bad.jpeg

lol

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Well, I know that my body is deteriorated and I have developmental problems because of nuclear damage, which may in fact be the result nuclear fallout and or chemical agents, whether through an accident or war itself.
I don't know. I first thought that the damage was due to some kind of inbreeding depression, but I would rather be it the first option. Since that would exonerate my family, because there is nothing worse that realizing that kind betrayal and stupidity. And because I am a real life ghoul. I look like it, I behave like it. And I am a little unstable and dangerous because of it.
Damn, you should see how some of the people look at me, hahaha. Also, I can see in near pitch black. If you were to be in a dark room with that level of lighting for an hour. You still would not be able to see anything, and I still would be able to see you perfectly. And that may be an alteration that resulted from my unstable genetic makeup. But who knows, really. I tried to search for it to no avail. Though, now I know it is possible. Not that it matters, since I am dying rapidly due to the condition itself it seems. But that is just nature doing its thing. Still, it was fun.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

• 4 weeks later...

It contains lots of water and needs around 2-3 bottles of water a day. It needs sunshine, or at least bright lights, but sunshine is best. It needs sleep as well, and bad things happen without any sleep. I know, pretty basic facts, but you'd be surprised how many people don't follow those basic facts that I mentioned (myself included lol).

Your gastrointestrinal tract must produce a new lining every so often to prevent your stomach from digesting itself :yuck:

The trapezius is a trapezoid-shaped muscle in your upper back area that moves your shoulders. Most people who have tension in their lower neck region have it originating from here.

I have a massage therapist roommate :P 

• Brohoof 1

The human body is a miracle. It can heal itself, defend against outside threats, grow, develop and reproduce. There are so many things that do countless tasks, each for a very specific purpose. A baby can go from one cell to nearly a billion in just 8 weeks, and form thousands of unique anatomical structures. When I watched the anime, ‘Cells At Work’ I realized there is so much more going on than most people will ever realize. Before I had spinal surgery, years ago, my doctor was showing me a model of the human spine and how many different substructures there are within it that do a multitude of tasks. It’s amazing the design involved here. Flattering really.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

The human head weighs 8 pounds (not really it’s 11 pounds)

You can completely transplant someone’s bone marrow system. Granting them the allergies, blood type, and immune system of the bone marrow donor. Said person will also have the exact DNA of the donor in their blood and other parts of their body.

Your liver is capable of regenerating itself a certain amount of times assuming at least part of it still exists.

Your skin is your largest organ.

Edited by Iforgotmybrain
Weight vs weigh I hate it

• 2 months later...