Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bonnie Zacherle and MLP's future

ManaMinori

So much praise and credit is given to Lauren Faust for her revival of the "golden age" of MLP, but few, if any, seem to give credit where it's due to the real VIP, Bonnie Zacherle, who founded the very first generation of MLP and fought Hasbro hard to get her ponies recognized. Not too many people even know who she is! It's thanks to Bonnie's creativity and effort that the My Little Pony brand even exists! And while she's only an illustrator and designer, and couldn't have any hand in writing and show direction, it WOULD be possible for her to design the next generation of pony toys, as she did for g1. I mean, after all, she became a member of "Women in Toys" in 2003. https://www.womenintoys.com/

Personally, since she is quite up there in age, I would love to see her doing something for the brand that she kickstarted with her ponies that have been going strong for 36 years. It would break my heart if our beloved GrandMare founder weren't a part of MLP's future, even in the smallest way. It would feel like the brand has come full circle with her involvement before she goes to the great stable in the sky. I know it's unlikely, but it there anyone else who might feel the same?

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, ShadOBabe said:

Honestly, she might just be perfectly fine with kicking back and letting the cash flow in from her old creation’s success.

Same. I think she's happy with how successful the franchise has become, however I don't think she has much reason to jump back into the series simply because of her older age and the fact that the franchise has changed so much since her time there, she wouldn't necessarily know where to start with all the characters and their personalities and how the toys should try to fit those character traits and personalities. She's happy with watching the series now, and allowing her creation to grow and bloom from that original seed she planted so long ago. :dash:

19 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Honestly, she might just be perfectly fine with kicking back and letting the cash flow in from her old creation’s success.

it's the franchise's 35th anniversary. I think there should be some current involvement with her after all those years. I mean, if she's fine and dandy watching things from afar, then that's fine, but if she's not, then why not a little TLC from the GrandMare of MLP before it's too late? Now would be the perfect time.

Given that she is 71 right now, I'd think she would prefer to not get involved in anything too strenuous and simply allow Hasbro to continue doing what they've been doing with the brand since its inception. I'd say she's content with the fact that what she created ended up being such a positive influence and doesn't really need to do anything else.

• 2 years later...

Lauren Faust is the true MLP designer. Everypony else don't stand a chance in comparison. We are all here because of Lauren Faust, and that is the truth, and the only truth