Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Question for Spyro fans!

Berry-Bliss-Sundae

Hello ponies! some fan of spyro around here? hope so! :ooh:
as fans of the saga we know that they will make a remake of the first trilogy in playstation 1, knowing this ... what levels do you expect to see with new graphics?

personally I'm dying to see levels like ''magic crafters'', ''Tree Tops'' , ''dark passage'', ''autumn plains'', ''Fracture Hills'', ''Spike's Arena'' and ''Midnight Mountain'' :wub:

41191074732_9b01fd89cb_k.jpg

-image so that the post looks flashy- (?

• Brohoof 3

Well, pretty much every level in the entire trilogy is supposed to be redone from the ground up...so to answer your question; all of them. ;)

If I had to pick one I am most excited for...that would be Summer Forest from Spyro 2. <3

Also; moving to Media Discussion. ^^

Oh it's been ages, so I barely remember level names and layout - I didn't even know there'll be a remake- that sounds and looks awesome! :yay: 

I've played only Spyro 2 and Spyro 3 though; heh; never completed any either due to issues with CD's. My Spyro 2 CD was kind of broken and the game was glitching when getting far; more than 50% progress or something, making it impossible to beat in the later stages. Sometimes graphics were glitching, sometimes even the scripts were freaking out; stealing gems and stuff; teleporting to the future levels all over the place, eventually getting stuck in the loading screen. Not sure why I didn't complete 3rd one though... There was something weird with that too, but I don't remember.

I've played and completed the whole trilogy for PS2 on the other hoof - The Legend of Spyro trilogy, that is. No issues there. :lol: 

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 2

I was too young to remember any of the level names, but I'm looking forward to see the arguably the first one in the first Spyro

8 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Not sure why I didn't complete 3rd one though... There was something weird with that too, but I don't remember.

I've played and completed the whole trilogy for PS2 on the other hoof - The Legend of Spyro trilogy, that is. No issues there. :lol: 

Was it because it was pirated that made Spark turn green (two hits and you die) starting world 3, and the game took you at THE VERY BEGINNING STARTING DURING THE FINAL BOSS FIGHT :dash: ? LOL XD, been there :D 

I don’t remember any of the level names but I remember in particular a big level with a bunch of robots or something, and another level, which was by far my favorite, that one water level where you go in two separate submarine things. (Its been so long since I played this game [Spyro 2]) :P 

(edited)
2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Was it because it was pirated that made Spark turn green (two hits and you die) starting world 3, and the game took you at THE VERY BEGINNING STARTING DURING THE FINAL BOSS FIGHT :dash: ? LOL XD, been there :D 

It kinda sounds similar, but the game was actually running well at the beginning; weird stuff started to happen in later stages- I think entering a specific map started to glitch the whole game afterwards. Either way, I do recall issues with Spark, getting or losing gems for no reason-- or something like this. :ooh: 

Edited by Rikifive

7 hours ago, Rikifive said:

It kinda sounds similar, but the game was actually running well at the beginning; weird stuff started to happen in later stages- I think entering a specific map started to glitch the whole game afterwards. Either way, I do recall issues with Spark, getting or losing gems for no reason-- or something like this. :ooh: 

Yeah, sounds like a pirated version :D. Sure, lots of weird stuff happens starting world 3, with Spark capping at green being the first notorious issue, but I don't remember any other glitch other than beginning at the stage where the true final battle takes place and taking you at the very beginning with all your progress loss though :huh:. I found out it was an intentional anti piracy measure about a year ago :D

• Brohoof 1

OMG! I thought I had been the only one to have problems with Spyro 3, every time I reached the last homeworld the eggs I had collected were reset ... and when I faced the final boss I was back at the beginning of the game ... :(

I said to myself when I was about 6 years old: '' this game is in English, surely this is a pirate version! :proud: Will the original version be in the United States? :dash:"15 years later, I discovered that even the Americans had problems with the disc :D

12 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Yeah, sounds like a pirated version :D. Sure, lots of weird stuff happens starting world 3, with Spark capping at green being the first notorious issue, but I don't remember any other glitch other than beginning at the stage where the true final battle takes place and taking you at the very beginning with all your progress loss though :huh:. I found out it was an intentional anti piracy measure about a year ago :D

Oh that's actually interesting. You know, back then I bought the console from somebody (second-hand) and it was bundled with games. While most of the games were original (the CD's and their cases were 100% legit), there were few-- copied. If I remember correctly, Spyro 2 was on the copied disc, but I'm pretty sure Spyro 3 was a legit copy on the other hoof. I recall having issues with Spyro 2, where with Spyro 3, I think one of my sisters have beat that, so no issues there. So... that could explain everything. I've googled that and it indeed sounds similar to me. This is actually quite fascinating, thanks for pointing that out! :ooh: I honestly thought it was because of damaged CD or something; didn't pay attention to that in-game message, heh.. back then I kind of barely knew English in the first place. I was literally playing games without knowing what is going on, but eventually they taught me so much. :derp: 

Well, one mystery of my life solved! I guess Jack Sparrow would be proud of me! :adorkable: