Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if the mlp Equestria Girls turned evil?

Felicity505

I think it would be an interesting concept to play with, if all the Equestria Girls (EXCLUDING) Sunset became evil, and had that bad girl style thing going, and they all had like counter elements, and it wouldn't be a self shadowed thing, this kind of relates to Sunsets most recent, "most likely to be forgotten" arc on YouTube, but she would have to round up some others who may not have very many redeeming qualities, but mirror them in a means of works.... I just don't see Sunset, EVER being evil again... not merely after EQG but after FG... shes on the right side now... but I see her as kind of the mane character of Equestria Girls, and we haven't experimented with Rotten Apple and Twilight Spiteful lol, Midnight Sparkle of course, a separate variant to this... 

• Brohoof 1

Evil is always subjective. There's more to it than insult slinging and puppy dog kicking. No one ever thinks of themselves as evil. They may know what they're doing is wrong, but their reasons are benevolent. 

So how I'd do it is that they let the power go to their head, and use their magic to force change in their world, or they just get burnt out of trying to be protectors and just let the magic wreak it's havoc. 

• Brohoof 2

39 minutes ago, Aquaflame said:

I think it would be an interesting concept to play with, if all the Equestria Girls (EXCLUDING) Sunset became evil, and had that bad girl style thing going, and they all had like counter elements, and it wouldn't be a self shadowed thing, this kind of relates to Sunsets most recent, "most likely to be forgotten" arc on YouTube, but she would have to round up some others who may not have very many redeeming qualities, but mirror them in a means of works.... I just don't see Sunset, EVER being evil again... not merely after EQG but after FG... shes on the right side now... but I see her as kind of the mane character of Equestria Girls, and we haven't experimented with Rotten Apple and Twilight Spiteful lol, Midnight Sparkle of course, a separate variant to this... 

17 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Evil is always subjective. There's more to it than insult slinging and puppy dog kicking. No one ever thinks of themselves as evil. They may know what they're doing is wrong, but their reasons are benevolent. 

So how I'd do it is that they let the power go to their head, and use their magic to force change in their world, or they just get burnt out of trying to be protectors and just let the magic wreak it's havoc. 

I enjoyed reading these very much, and I certainly agree with them

• Brohoof 1

I think they would go and attack Equestria through the portal using their apparently corrupted versions of their elements. This would only happen of course, if Sunset Shimmer wasn't able to stop them from leaving the EQG universe, but then again that's assuming Sunset Shimmer doesn't become evil and corrupted herself :baconmane:

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.b134c4515b5caa5d23e3af24e4cda879.jpg

I just have to say, I like how the artist is referencing FlutterBat and Nightmare Rarity with the wing shapes. Anyways, I have three theories.

A. They use their gems or whatever they were called to change into demonic forms and take over the world.

B. They use their gems or whatever they were called to change into demonic forms and take over the world, but they end up fighting each other because they're too power hungry. Twilight goes to Equestria in order to harness more magic, but not understanding the world too well she's at a great disadvantage, and things don't work out so well with the amount of power and coordination the ponified main six and friends have, and we see a repeated version of Lord Tireks attempt to take over. They try to send her back to the human world, however Sunset has destroyed the portal, eliminating her most intelligent opponent and the ability for others to try and harness more magic themselves. Pinkie Pie uses her sneak skills to strike the others unexpectedly, however she is overwhelmed by Fluttershy's brutality. Applejack sets her defenses for the long haul, and gains control of the food supply, weakening the others, however Fluttershy is most vulnerable to this. Rarity tries to take on Sunset head on after raising an army of her own, and although heavy losses are taken by both, Sunset is the better tactician and wins out. Sunset negotiates a truce with applejack which she falsely agrees to, however sunset expected that and manages to pull a Trojan Horse move on Applejack. Rainbow dash has been waiting for the others to wear each other down and with the last to in one place, she uses all of her power in a dive attack. She underestimates the force of her impact, so although she does take out Sunset and Applejack, she takes herself out as well, and their reigns have ended.

C. They're just a group of really mean girls that basically run the school? They are teenagers after all. Twilight might be a genius, and Sunset is actually an adult pony personally taught by Princess Celestia, but they're probably not going to be the brightest bunch.

• Brohoof 1

As I said in a similar thread regarding the FiM mane six, it depends very much on the "how."

Well-intentioned villainy? It's somewhat hard to imagine, but for most of them they'd probably be somehow confused about how to stop some sort of magical problem, and cause more harm than good. Alternatively, they could get carried away with using their powers for mundane tasks, and start causing problems due to that. Sunset is a bit clearer, because I can imagine her anger issues getting away from her, leading her to seriously hurt someone. None of these situations are things I could see lasting very long, however.

If we're talking some sort of personality reversal, then I guess they'd most likely be petty bullies. It's not hard to imagine how that would manifest for Rainbow or Rarity, who would surely be arrogant, self-centred, and vindictive. Applejack and Fluttershy might stick to themselves a bit more, but maybe they'd be judgmental and quick to anger. Pinkie Pie could be much more cruel in her pranks, and Twilight might just perceive other people as her guinea pigs to do experiments on. Sunset Shimmer would just be her EqG 1 self. 

If we're talking Midnight Sparkle style, that's a lot harder to pin down, because Midnight Sparkle was a very specific thing which served as the culmination of a very specific character arc, which is why it was so nebulous in Legend of Everfree. They could all be aggressive demons who care not for others and just want to know all about magic, but much more interesting would be to somehow build a specific set of anxieties to fuel each one's downward spiral. Though in turn that would probably mean an alternate universe version of the mane six, with each being as isolated as Twilight was before transferring. 

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.