Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

LGBT Chatroom

Altastrofae

Recently discovered that I'm gender fluid

Also I'll say finally realized that I am not aromantic. I def. Desire romance now. I previously only was exposed to straight romance in high school and prior. 

But since 2016 I have engrossed myself in queer media and yup love the romance and now I want it. Also have met and befriended many more queer people and the interactions we have are exactly what I needed. 

Still pansexual 😛

• Brohoof 2

Well I've gotten to wear a few fem outfits the past few days and loved every second of it~ Tried out nair specifically designed for facial hair and regretting every second of that though :( Burns even hours afterwards. Hopefully I can get through this transition sooner rather than later, and starting to think laser hair removal for my face would be nice to get~

I live with two housemates now also, one is a fellow trans woman (she's binary though, I'm a nonbinary trans girl), and the other is a masculine leaning nonbinary (they are her husband actually). They're really nice and helping me out through this whole ordeal... The dysphoria is pain. :( Getting it really really bad trying to get rid of this hair... Whatever force thought to give me a Y instead of a second X chromosome, I'm not happy, I wish it was an X. :dry: 

As for my orientation, I feel very omnisexual and omniromantic. I think I have come to realize I've never found the right non-man to be a partner, and I think I can love anyone who isn't a man as long as they are sufficiently masculine.~ Sexually though anything is fair game, but romantically I strongly prefer people who present more masc, though I think I could fall in love with fem people too just people who are less fem than me.~

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Tweek said:

When did you guys first know who you liked and what gender you were? Ive been looking it up quite a bit really when someone in my clasd csme out as trans, everyone was very supportive 🤗

I had my first crush on a girl when I was in 3rd grade. Still remember her name too lol. Started with her and the girl crushes just kept happening. It wasn’t till a year ago that I’ve come to realize I’m attracted to all genders and that I’m pansexual. 

2 hours ago, Tweek said:

When did you guys first know who you liked and what gender you were? Ive been looking it up quite a bit really when someone in my clasd csme out as trans, everyone was very supportive 🤗

Let's see, well there's a few bullet points on this one since I'm not cis, and not straight in both senses of the word.

• I first knew I liked guys sexually and romantically when I was about 11 or so. I'll put this in since I was assigned male at birth. I saw a guy from a grade above me who I'd have a crush on for years walking around near the outside part of the school. I at that point identified as bisexual, and now I identify as omnisexual (essentially pansexual but I'm a little more picky). My romantic orientation was initially straight (from a girl's perspective, not from the amab perspective), but my mind on that has changed a little recently and now I just strongly prefer more masculine people in general romantically, still with a preference with people who identify as men or masculine~

• As for my gender, I think signs of it go back to when I was 8 or 9 years old and seeing myself more in relation to the female characters of TV shows/cartoons/etc. But my egg initially cracked at 15 when I learned about the subject of transgenderism and at that point I was mostly sure I was a trans woman. After a failed relationship with somebody on these forums (@Magpie), I slipped to thinking I was nonbinary, and my egg about a month ago just kind of exploded after a dysphoric episode and I realized I was most definitely a nonbinary trans woman~

Also take gender related meme~

1343526785_GendreMaymay.png.83052721de0a6e3a2adc13f0338d432d.png

Edited by Miss Kitty Cathy
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Clawdeen said:

I had my first crush on a girl when I was in 3rd grade. Still remember her name too lol. Started with her and the girl crushes just kept happening. It wasn’t till a year ago that I’ve come to realize I’m attracted to all genders and that I’m pansexual. 

Wow 3rd grade,  back then all i was thinking about was computer games and what I was going to eat for dinner 😳 but maybe that just how all guys think 😂

I think I like a couple of boys in my year that sort of way but not sure what to do about it rl 🤔

• Brohoof 1

32 minutes ago, Miss Kitty Cathy said:

Let's see, well there's a few bullet points on this one since I'm not cis, and not straight in both senses of the word.

• I first knew I liked guys sexually and romantically when I was about 11 or so. I'll put this in since I was assigned male at birth. I saw a guy from a grade above me who I'd have a crush on for years walking around near the outside part of the school. I at that point identified as bisexual, and now I identify as omnisexual (essentially pansexual but I'm a little more picky). My romantic orientation was initially straight (from a girl's perspective, not from the amab perspective), but my mind on that has changed a little recently and now I just strongly prefer more masculine people in general romantically, still with a preference with people who identify as men or masculine~

• As for my gender, I think signs of it go back to when I was 8 or 9 years old and seeing myself more in relation to the female characters of TV shows/cartoons/etc. But my egg initially cracked at 15 when I learned about the subject of transgenderism and at that point I was mostly sure I was a trans woman. After a failed relationship with somebody on these forums (@Magpie), I slipped to thinking I was nonbinary, and my egg about a month ago just kind of exploded after a dysphoric episode and I realized I was most definitely a nonbinary trans woman~

Also take gender related meme~

1343526785_GendreMaymay.png.83052721de0a6e3a2adc13f0338d432d.png

Thanks for all the info and the meme 🤗 Glad that it seems to have worked out for you now, i can imagine that all those thoughts and feelings must have been quite confusing 😵

1 hour ago, Tweek said:

Wow 3rd grade,  back then all i was thinking about was computer games and what I was going to eat for dinner 😳 but maybe that just how all guys think 😂

I think I like a couple of boys in my year that sort of way but not sure what to do about it rl 🤔

Yeah I knew pretty early on I liked the same gender. No doubts about it lol. 

Do you know any of their sexuality’s? Whether that be from checking out their fb profile or if anyone’s said anything. Might help you figure things out. I know it’s hard, especially when you through the straight ones in that just like to flirt with you for the attention. Ran into a lot of that back in my school years.

3 hours ago, Clawdeen said:

Yeah I knew pretty early on I liked the same gender. No doubts about it lol. 

Do you know any of their sexuality’s? Whether that be from checking out their fb profile or if anyone’s said anything. Might help you figure things out. I know it’s hard, especially when you through the straight ones in that just like to flirt with you for the attention. Ran into a lot of that back in my school years.

Looking on Facebook is a good idea 🤗 No one has said anything but im not the most social person ever and just hang out with a few people.. I just worry a bit that people might rip on me if they find out that I might like guys but at the same time i dont wanna do nothing and miss an opportunity you know?  Why does stuff have to be so confusing 😵

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, Tweek said:

Looking on Facebook is a good idea 🤗 No one has said anything but im not the most social person ever and just hang out with a few people.. I just worry a bit that people might rip on me if they find out that I might like guys but at the same time i dont wanna do nothing and miss an opportunity you know?  Why does stuff have to be so confusing 😵

That's what I still do to this day lol. Its not easy if they aren't openly out about it or if its not posted online anywhere. I get it I got made fun of and threatened for it too back in my school years. You know your situation best and if it would be safer for you to wait or to be open about it. Or maybe just tell a few trusted people.

7 minutes ago, Clawdeen said:

That's what I still do to this day lol. Its not easy if they aren't openly out about it or if its not posted online anywhere. I get it I got made fun of and threatened for it too back in my school years. You know your situation best and if it would be safer for you to wait or to be open about it. Or maybe just tell a few trusted people.

Im thinking about telling my best friend, I think he will be cool with it 😇

Thanks for your help and advice,  mayb we will bump into each other on this thread again 😊

• Brohoof 1

38 minutes ago, Tweek said:

Im thinking about telling my best friend, I think he will be cool with it 😇

Thanks for your help and advice,  mayb we will bump into each other on this thread again 😊

Absolutely! I started off with those who I thought would take it well/potentially be supportive 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I'm bringing this thread back up because I forgot last month was LGBTQ+ month. How's everyone doing?

I recently came to the realization I'm a mixture between bi, grey-ace or ace and demiromantic.

Edited by Magic Note
  • Brohoof 1

I'm doing well! Well, well since all the big drama in my life has been over anyway.

Still pan, I've come to become more varied with the kinds of peeps I'm typically attracted to but those on the feminine side I tend to gravitate to still~

I also watched the Owl House and I'm like super duper happy it presents a same sex couple so naturally and cutely, that and Sailor Moon are like my key comfort shows!

• Brohoof 1

I've posted about my recent personal queer journey in this thread https://mlpforums.com/topic/135475-transgender-support-thread/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-5999072

1 hour ago, Magic Note said:

I recently came to the realization I'm a mixture between bi, grey-ace or ace and demiromantic.

Interesting. Congrats! how you explain your sexual orientation yourself? 

31 minutes ago, Pastel Heart said:

Still pan I'm typically attracted to but those on the feminine side I tend to gravitate to still~

I also watched the Owl House and I'm like super duper happy it presents a same sex couple so naturally and cutely, that and Sailor Moon are like my key comfort shows!

-Saaaaaame XD

-I LOVE THE OWL HOUSE!!!!!

One of my fav shows of all time! Been watching it since it came out tho and yup season 1 hooked me hard and season 2 continuing that! <3 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Miss said:

Interesting. Congrats! how you explain your sexual orientation yourself? 

It's a bit difficult to explain because I'm not great with describing. Essentially, I'm attracted to men, women and enbies. As for the demi part, I'm only comfortable dating them if I know them well. As for ace/grey-ace, it seems to fluctuate every now and then.

4 minutes ago, Magic Note said:

It's a bit difficult to explain because I'm not great with describing. Essentially, I'm attracted to men, women and enbies. As for the demi part, I'm only comfortable dating them if I know them well. As for ace/grey-ace, it seems to fluctuate every now and then.

Totally makes sense! Especially the fluctuating ace/grey-ace part. 

Recently discovered that I'm somewhat demi myself too!

1 hour ago, Miss said:

I've pOne of my fav shows of all time! Been watching it since it came out tho and yup season 1 hooked me hard and season 2 continuing that! <3 

Luz/Amity OTP and King is best boy~ shame that Disney did the show dirty and relegated them to specials ~w~

I have a question though, I've been around and seen demi peeps but no one ever explains to me what it means. Asking to understand so I don't say anything dumb ><;;

4 minutes ago, Pastel Heart said:

Luz/Amity OTP and King is best boy~ shame that Disney did the show dirty and relegated them to specials ~w~

I have a question though, I've been around and seen demi peeps but no one ever explains to me what it means. Asking to understand so I don't say anything dumb ><;;

Yassssss! Amity and Luz are ❤️❤️❤️

I resonate so much with Luz. Did cosplay of her for brony convention two weeks ago. 

And yea it sucks..hopefully all the love will make the execs change their mind etc. It worked for Brooklyn nine nine! 

Demisexual is no attraction to someone until you become close to them. Attraction varies by romance, sexual, etc. 

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I sometimes have problems with understanding and misinterpreting personal boundaries because I am not good with judging others. I'm trying to get better at it though.

Hope everyone in this thread has a great rest of the holidays and a happy new year!

• 2 months later...

hate when non-lgbt+ people see a small, barely noticeable, usually one time event, non-explicit example of a queer character in tv shows/movies and are like "this is how it should be done. Not in your face. In the background." etc. 

basically saying lgbt people dont deserve to be front and center and should be hidden away where we can't even notice them. I hate it alot when I hear/see stuff like this because it's hidden behind a facade of support like "im fine with lgbt as long as I dont see it." like seriously bro. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just give a very quick rundown of the past few months for me in terms of my ongoing transition. Yes, it's happening. :o

I started on hormone therapy on the day before Thanksgiving (have my estrogen and my anti-androgen stuff), and I've thrown out all my men's clothing except shoes and a few graphic tees. I'm taking them to Goodwill where they won't haunt a trans woman's closet like ghosts of the painful past of denial... I have several dresses and skirts now and I wear them... quite regularly... And I love them to *shreds*. I like almost everything happening to my body, it's nice it's becoming the way it is supposed to be even with its minimal downsides in my mind~ :wub:

Also I have a trans girlfriend now, but she lives all the way in Canada. :adorkable:

On 2022-03-10 at 8:37 PM, Miss Kitty Cathy said:

I'll just give a very quick rundown of the past few months for me in terms of my ongoing transition. Yes, it's happening. :o

I started on hormone therapy on the day before Thanksgiving (have my estrogen and my anti-androgen stuff), and I've thrown out all my men's clothing except shoes and a few graphic tees. I'm taking them to Goodwill where they won't haunt a trans woman's closet like ghosts of the painful past of denial... I have several dresses and skirts now and I wear them... quite regularly... And I love them to *shreds*. I like almost everything happening to my body, it's nice it's becoming the way it is supposed to be even with its minimal downsides in my mind~ :wub:

Also I have a trans girlfriend now, but she lives all the way in Canada. :adorkable:

Congrats! Very happy for you! :ph3ar:

Dana Terrence and other staff from The Owl House doing a charity drawing livestream! 

So far they raised almost $65 thousand for the Zebra Coalition 

"The mission of Zebra Coalition is to assist young LGBTQA+ people facing homelessness, bullying, isolation from their families, and physical, sexual and drug abuse with individualized programs to guide them to recovery and stability."

This is so amazing! 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/be-gay-do-witchcraft-charity-drawathon

They are talking a lil spoilers so Im just watching with the volume off for the most part. 

Edited by Miss