Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TheTaZe's Music

MangoFoalix

As some of you may already know. In the past I have produced music. I have been doing this for 4-5 years now and as of currently on my YouTube channel I have 24 songs up.

Some of my best in my opinion are the ones below:

Spoiler

As of recently, I have not produced anything. You can look through my entire channel of music through a playlist I've created months ago.

Any questions or criticism is welcome.

• Brohoof 3

These are quite decent, I do liked some of your works, though personally I lean more towards something.. melodic ~ catchy? Something you'll remember after hearing once and easily recognize afterwards rather than just beats. :P 

But my lame preferences aren't important ~ these are well made I think. Nice work! :) 

Ok. Get ready because here comes the truth. 

Guardian Remix: You need to work on your percussion. Your percussion is staling very early in the remix and that is not a good sign. In addition, your percussion is overpowering your plucked lead. Turn up that plucked lead in the mix so that way, it can be heard. Your leading sawtooth could be run out of the filter a little bit because it sounds like it is behind the other instruments. For the breakdown, you need more elements. The breakdown is one of the most important parts of a song in the EDM field because it's the most active. Use slides and wahs, close to but not dubstep, unless you want to. 

Rainbow Factory: Your bass plucked lead is off rhythm from your vocals. This is a huge distraction to the listener. Plus, the remix almost sounds too similar to the original, so I'd call this more of a remake instead of a remix. Gotta add more of you into the song to make it a true remix. 

Serenity: It's to repetative. You limited yourself to the I and the V knowing you're in the key of C minor. You need a solid four-chord progression in order to keep your audience engaged. I suggest working with these:

i-III-iv-V

i-VII-VIM7-V7

i-V-VI-VII

i-iv-VI-V7

There are many more progressions you can use. You need to also change up your step/slice patterns. Involve more dotted eighth and 16th patterns. Maybe even use a triplet pattern. 

Your percussion needs more fills and transitions. Percussion can either keep your audience engaged or turn them off. 

All in all, this one needs a total revamp. 

Away: This one needs the most work. You need to involve more and watch your titles. Snowfall isn't supposed to be EDM. It is supposed to be light and chill. This piece is underdeveloped, and like Serenity, you limited yourself to certain chords. 

All in all, sadly, all of these songs need a complete redo. It is best to know music theory and know how to utilize the tools you have fully. Also, it is best to pick up an instrument like the piano. Don't be discouraged about my honest critique. It may be hard to take it all in, but in the long run, it can go a long way. You can PM me at anytime if you want tutoring or coaching on how to develop your music production abilities. I have 19 years of music experience. 

6 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Ok. Get ready because here comes the truth. 

Guardian Remix: You need to work on your percussion. Your percussion is staling very early in the remix and that is not a good sign. In addition, your percussion is overpowering your plucked lead. Turn up that plucked lead in the mix so that way, it can be heard. Your leading sawtooth could be run out of the filter a little bit because it sounds like it is behind the other instruments. For the breakdown, you need more elements. The breakdown is one of the most important parts of a song in the EDM field because it's the most active. Use slides and wahs, close to but not dubstep, unless you want to. 

Rainbow Factory: Your bass plucked lead is off rhythm from your vocals. This is a huge distraction to the listener. Plus, the remix almost sounds too similar to the original, so I'd call this more of a remake instead of a remix. Gotta add more of you into the song to make it a true remix. 

Serenity: It's to repetative. You limited yourself to the I and the V knowing you're in the key of C minor. You need a solid four-chord progression in order to keep your audience engaged. I suggest working with these:

i-III-iv-V

i-VII-VIM7-V7

i-V-VI-VII

i-iv-VI-V7

There are many more progressions you can use. You need to also change up your step/slice patterns. Involve more dotted eighth and 16th patterns. Maybe even use a triplet pattern. 

Your percussion needs more fills and transitions. Percussion can either keep your audience engaged or turn them off. 

All in all, this one needs a total revamp. 

Away: This one needs the most work. You need to involve more and watch your titles. Snowfall isn't supposed to be EDM. It is supposed to be light and chill. This piece is underdeveloped, and like Serenity, you limited yourself to certain chords. 

All in all, sadly, all of these songs need a complete redo. It is best to know music theory and know how to utilize the tools you have fully. Also, it is best to pick up an instrument like the piano. Don't be discouraged about my honest critique. It may be hard to take it all in, but in the long run, it can go a long way. You can PM me at anytime if you want tutoring or coaching on how to develop your music production abilities. I have 19 years of music experience. 

While I respect your criticism I don't entirely agree with it on my own.

For Serenity, I think using the same chord progression through out the same song is vital in house music. Sure, you can change the chord progression if you wanted on and off but keeping a constant beat is what house music all about.

For Rainbow Factory, using the term remix is incredibly loose. You can either change up the song entirely or only loosely change it like I did. I didn't really think I needed to change anything up that much so I kept the basic song structure the same.

For Away, Snowfall had dubstep, and other EDM in there with a bunch of non-EDM music, singling mine out isn't really too fair.

For Guardian Remix, the pluck still sounds fine to me. I can here it even with everything else going on. The sawtooth is supposed to be be louder in the mix than the pluck while the pluck itself is in the background. The drums seem pretty fine to me, true I could of worked on them a bit but I exactly didn't do that here. Plus, for Dubstep I am not exactly into the 2010 sounding wahs and slides.

I completely understand your criticism, I know I have some things to work on since I'm not perfect but I just entirely agree with all your points. I hope you don't take this as an offense to your character at all since this isn't what it is about I just don't entirely agree with you.

10 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

While I respect your criticism I don't entirely agree with it on my own.

For Serenity, I think using the same chord progression through out the same song is vital in house music. Sure, you can change the chord progression if you wanted on and off but keeping a constant beat is what house music all about.

For Rainbow Factory, using the term remix is incredibly loose. You can either change up the song entirely or only loosely change it like I did. I didn't really think I needed to change anything up that much so I kept the basic song structure the same.

For Away, Snowfall had dubstep, and other EDM in there with a bunch of non-EDM music, singling mine out isn't really too fair.

For Guardian Remix, the pluck still sounds fine to me. I can here it even with everything else going on. The sawtooth is supposed to be be louder in the mix than the pluck while the pluck itself is in the background. The drums seem pretty fine to me, true I could of worked on them a bit but I exactly didn't do that here. Plus, for Dubstep I am not exactly into the 2010 sounding wahs and slides.

I completely understand your criticism, I know I have some things to work on since I'm not perfect but I just entirely agree with all your points. I hope you don't take this as an offense to your character at all since this isn't what it is about I just don't entirely agree with you.

It's ok. But listen to this: you don't have to be mainstream. You can be unique and that's what people like. As a classical musician, I believe that variance and development is what gets you far in the music industry. Limiting yourself in any genre is what destroys the potential in the song and is why not many people listen to EDM in the brony fandom because they're looking for something that is unique. It's not just about completing the song the way it's supposed to be, it's about pushing yourself to the best you can so that way you can continue to grow in your music abilities. That's what matters the most. You cannot stay stuck in one mode of doing things. This is why I do every single genre and aim to make things the best I can and the most unique I can.